Sirius/XM Channel Numbers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
When the companies merged, why didn't they sync their channel numbers? Is there any chance that they will do so in the near future? Being a Dish Network subscriber (with Sirius music channels) who just subscribed to XM in my car, it would be nice if I only had to learn one channel lineup. That is probably just me being picky and anal, but I'm at least curious why they wouldn't maintain consistent channel numbers between the two services.

Dunno. I have XM and D* with XM. From a long time XMer's point of view, there is not much of XM left. It is mostly Sirius now, but it is the only game in town so if you want Sadrad, that's it. Give it another year and I bet we lose the XM channel numbers for the Sirius numbers, too.

Love the nick, btw, CubsWin. Go Cubs!

More listening Options for Me

Dunno. I have XM and D* with XM. From a long time XMer's point of view, there is not much of XM left. It is mostly Sirius now, but it is the only game in town so if you want Sadrad, that's it. Give it another year and I bet we lose the XM channel numbers for the Sirius numbers, too.

Love the nick, btw, CubsWin. Go Cubs!

You do NOT speak for all XM subscribers.

I have been an XM subscriber since 2003. I have not seen, based on my listening preferences, a decrease in XM-originated services, but rather an increase in the options for my listening tastes due to the addition of Sirius.

Bob

I have been an XM subscriber since 2003. I have not seen, based on my listening preferences, a decrease in XM-originated services, but rather an increase in the options for my listening tastes due to the addition of Sirius.

Bob

I agree. It's become a popular thing to bash SiriusXM for the sake of bashing. Since the merger I have more choices. I'm very happy with the service.

I am happy with it... and I have 30 presets on my radio so it really doesn't matter. I don't know any of the channel numbers, personally.

Bob

I haven't lost any the XM channels I listen to. In fact, picked up a couple sirius that I actually enjoy.

I haven't lost any the XM channels I listen to. In fact, picked up a couple sirius that I actually enjoy.
Most of the rock stations from XM are gone.

Plus since they merged they now play games on MLB Homeplate. If I wanted to listen to the game I would go to one of their baseball stations. Because Sirius cannot get the baseball stations, they then put games on the homeplate station to make the XM add on package more enticing to Sirius subs.

Most of the rock stations from XM are gone.

Plus since they merged they now play games on MLB Homeplate. If I wanted to listen to the game I would go to one of their baseball stations. Because Sirius cannot get the baseball stations, they then put games on the homeplate station to make the XM add on package more enticing to Sirius subs.

Basically, I listen to the hockey coverage (Home Ice 204), the blend, 70-'s & 80's, and the comedy stations. Last I checked they were all there. Plus I get them at work without using or paying extra for live streaming. I have a car kit and putting out the XM at 88.1 FM. In my office I tune into 88.1 and bingo there is my XM:D

Where can I find a cross-reference of the common XM and Sirius channels? I may be renting some cars soon, and as an XMer, it would be helpful to have the Sirius numbers for my favs.

Most of the stations are the same. There are just a few stations that one has that the other does not.

XM stations not on Sirius that you can purchase as an add on package (you can get all of these if you purchase the best of XM - except for the MLB game channels):

1. Oprah radio
  2. MLB Home Plate
  3. MLB Game channels (not available with best of XM, but coming soon)
  4. NBA Game channels
  5. Virus
  6. NHL Home Ice
  7. PGA Tour Network
  8. College Sports Game channel
  9. XM Public Radio
  10. Indy Car Series channels
Sirius Channels not on XM that you can purchase as an add on package (you can get all of these channels if you purchase the best of Sirius):

1. Howard Stern
  2. NFL Network
  3. NFL game channels
  4. Nascar Radio
  5. Martha Stewart
  6. Playboy
  7. Sirius College Sports Network

Last edited:
It would make much more sense to have both services send out the exact same programming on the same channels for both sets of radios. Do away with the "Best of's", make the price attractive enough to double the subscribers and they're off and running.

Sure, they'd have to iron out the baseball contracts and such, but in the end, they should both be the same.

I cancelled my XM subscriptions because of the channel consolidation. I had seven radios on two accounts.
I lost five different music genres that are simply not available on the Sirius-XM channel line-up in any way. These were on eight different XM channels that were replaced with the Sirius also-ran channel. Some channels still originate from XM but with major changes imposed by the Sirius takeover, like BPM, Escape, and Spa(was Audiovisions). Others just don't exist anymore, like The System, The Move, Fred, and all of the Spanish-music channels.

If you feel that nothing changed as a result of this, then you really weren't listening to XM radio that much in the first place.

I cancelled my XM subscriptions because of the channel consolidation. I had seven radios on two accounts.
I lost five different music genres that are simply not available on the Sirius-XM channel line-up in any way. These were on eight different XM channels that were replaced with the Sirius also-ran channel. Some channels still originate from XM but with major changes imposed by the Sirius takeover, like BPM, Escape, and Spa(was Audiovisions). Others just don't exist anymore, like The System, The Move, Fred, and all of the Spanish-music channels.

If you feel that nothing changed as a result of this, then you really weren't listening to XM radio that much in the first place.
That is what I was saying. Pretty much every single XM Rock station is now gone. All of the Alternative stations (Lucy, Fred, Ethel, ex) and all of the classic rock stations (Big Tracks and Top Tracks).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)