Special Free System of the Week Contest Ends 7.7.2008 - Satellite AV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
While growing up, my most memorable 4th of July was when we got some illegal fireworks. This must've been back in 1990 or so. We blew up M-80s and 1/4 stick of dynamite.

My memories of The Fourth of July are mostly fireworks at home except for one year we went to my grandparents cottage for the fireworks on the lake. The lake is in a narrow valley and the fireworks display was the loudest that I can remember, I don't know why we only went once.

Growing up in a state where fireworks are illegal, I don't really have any memories of them as a child except for sparklers and snakes. One year we had a family reunion on the 4th and my little brother and me were supposed to clean up all the empty cups and bottles. We got snockered on the beer and "highball" dregs!

my most memorable was laying on the sand at pismo beach , ca. and watching the local fire works

The 4th I most remember is going out side of town on a back road. We all sat in the back of Dad's pick-up and mom broke the goodies out until the fireworks started. The road sits on a side of a hill over looking a small street fair where the display was shot.

My Most Memorable 4th Of July Was.

My most memorable 4th of July was when I was a teenager and I finally felt that I belonged in this country even though I was considered an immigrant that was born here in the U.S. I felt that all the fireworks up in the sky represented all the lives and blood that was sacrificed by brave men that believed in keeping this country free. I had a great time reflecting on what it really meant to celebrate our independence and holding our allegiance to our country regardless of our different backgrounds. That was my most memorable 4th of July.

Ah yes... going to my grandparents home in Myrtlewood, Alabama. They lived in a house with a tin roof and a wrap around porch... and had porch swings... One of those houses that had a big hallway that ran straight through the middle of the house and when I stand at the front door I can see the back door at the other end...
Kin folks from all over came over... All of us kids played while the grownups talked...
Tables set up outside under big trees that surrounded the homeplace... the wonderful smell of BBQ and fried chicken in the air... lots of lemonade and tea and pop to drink... and HOMEMADE ice cream, using the old fashion hand crank ice cream maker...
My grandfather is long gone and my grandmother (101 years old) lives in a nursing home and everybody moved off...
The old house is still standing and the owners really did a great job remodeling it.
God how I longed to relive those days...

My memories will be totally different…

It’s 1959, I’m living in the small country in eastern Europe. Communism is ruling. I’m a little boy, my parents bought the first TV.

One day in July, the government decided to show how the “bad capitalists” are wasting their money. They showed some fireworks from (they called it) “America”. I new what fireworks were, I saw couple during the local “May First” holiday.
Oh my God! I was watching the show with my mouth open! Didn’t hear the commentator, just watched those 5, maybe 10 minutes of fantastic lights in the sky. It was in black and white, but still it was something amazing to me.

Fifty years later, it’s my thirtieth Fourth of July in this country. For thirty years I’ve been watching MACY*S fireworks on location. This time with my two granddaughters…

Seeing this hi tech computerized show over East River will always remind me of that memorable day in 1959, watching 17 inch B&W TV. Unforgetable.

While growing up, my most memorable 4th of July was when ....... my family was vacationing in Kansas and we bought fireworks from a stand in a small town. The fireworks they sold looked almost identical to the dinky little stuff I had always played with, but the warnings on the packages were a bit odd: a cylinder that said "shoots flaming balls", a pinwheel with unusually dire warnings, and a fountain-like box that said "launches flaming objects". I was very surprised when I took them back to my Uncle's house in the city and set them off in his front yard: the cylinder actually shot three flaming balls thirty feet in the air, the pinwheel spun up like normal but then shot little rockets that flew completely out of control, and the box fired a seemingly endless supply of screaming rockets into the air for what must have been five minutes. It turned out that this little town made tons of money every year by selling all the stuff that had been banned in the rest of the state. Fortunately no one called the cops on us :D

I can remember my Dad taking a picture of me hold a Thermometer in one hand and a Popcicle in the other. Thermometer read 103! LOL. Boy life is good when you are a kid. :)

While growing up, my most memorable 4th of July was when ....... the fireworks show set the hillside on fire and everyone had to evacuate.

My most memorable one was when I just finished putting a fiberglass body on my Jeep CJ5 and that was on the fourth 2001. That night I was firing off mortor shellsut of the tube when it fell over and hit the jeep and shattered a 6 inch spot on thr left rear fender!

my most memorable was as a kid at the island. i was watching the fireworks on the bay and actually shed a tear as i watched and "god bless the usa" played in the background.

always remember that.

This year was my most memorable 4th. I had kidney stones! I thought that I was going to die. It sure felt like it. The third is my birthday so I took two weeks off to take it easy. As it turned out I was at emergency twice and the doctor a couple of times. It took six day and a lot of pain pills to pass.
Thanks
Mike

my best 4th was when at the age of 6 my brotherinlaw took us for a ride in his boat [fast ride] and i thought it was great for the first timer . thanks

:clapCongratulations GrumpyGuy! @party

You have Won the Satellite AV System!

Hope that this makes you a little less grumpy! LOL!

We sure had fun with this thread! Boy there are alot of "Fireworks gone wrong" stories. Glad that we have all survived to post to yet another thread!

Thank you everyone for participating!

Yea, those stories have been quite entertaining! - :up
Congrats, Grumpy.
Thanks, SatAV.
A really special prize package for the holiday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)