This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Star Trek: Picard

^ That was one of my two biggest issues with the ending, that it apparently upends everything Borg related in the entre ST universe, including events of the first season of Pircard (no derelict Borg ship or Hugh). My other issue is how forgiving Picard was in the end. Even if Tallinn got a better timeline and Elnor came back, Q still put everyone through hell (as usual) just so Picard could learn his lesson about releasing the past and forgiving himself. Seven almost died, Rios got shot, Raffi roughed up and almost killed, and Jurati was assimilated. And Q set Soong down an even darker path. Not to mention all the soldiers who got killed after being assimilated. Yet, Q and Picard embraced at the end like it was all good, even better than good.

This article offers a lot of backstory and speculation about the Project Khan folder. It could just be an Easter egg or it could be tied to something more nefarious, possibly involving a spinoff series.

I have to agree. After watching it Sunday, the writers essentially took the Borg from TNG through Picard, and threw it away. Seven was never Seven of Nine, Picard was never Locutus of Borg and for all we know, Voyager may have never made it home from the Delta quadrant. Borg ships are evidently not cubes now either. Other than tying up the story and writing Q and Rios out, they wrecked the Borg (best "bad guys" Trek ever had)...

They just call it a different timeline and be good with it.
Personally, I don't like the "Other " ST stuff with other timelines in them, but thats just me.

Unless they are two Borg Queens that exist at the same time. Agnes being the one that does more than assimilate species and is more cooperative and the orignal Borg we saw all along. The transwarp conduit may be where the old Borg species comes through to try to take over this quadrant of space. I know of no other species that uses these except the Care taker in Voyager and of course in the ending of Voyage where Capt. Janeway used the conduit to get home sooner and then blow up the network of the conduits to keep the Borg from getting to earth. Next season we might end up with a Borg off between the original and Agnes/Borg queen. Either way they are setting up the new issue for next season with this Transwarp conduit and Agnes and her Borg guarding it.

Reactions: Derwin0
Interesting potential storyline. A Borg-off, or Borg v Borg... It'd make a good 3rd (and final) season of Picard. I don't think the writers are thinking that way though, since the actress that played Agnus isn't signed for season 3...

It's safe to assume that folder he pulled out of his desk drawer isn't about him planning a kids birthday party.
As was pointed out in the “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” thread, Khan and his fellow supermen have been off-world and traveling into deep space on the Botany Bay for 18 years at this point. At least if this is still the original Star Trek Timeline that we all know and love…

And I guess the whole Deep Space Nine / Sisco possibility didn’t come to be.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Interesting potential storyline. A Borg-off, or Borg v Borg... It'd make a good 3rd (and final) season of Picard. I don't think the writers are thinking that way though, since the actress that played Agnus isn't signed for season 3...
Allison Pill is Not in Season 3, but Annie Wersching Borg Queen IS.
So they Could go that route to some extent, if they decided too.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Well they were both there at the same time but in two different cities in California, but the same year though. I guess they didn't want to add Deep Space 9 characters into the show ,especially since they are adding the entire cast of Next Gen in season 3. It would be nice if they did add a cameo or cut them in to the show via computer special effects. I loved that episode of Deep Space where they were on Kirk's Enterprise and they were interacting with the original cast wearing the original uniforms. That was well done. They could of done a walk through town and in the back ground you would see the closed off areas of the city and you would see Capt .Sisco and Doctor Basheir walking in the back ground. 7 and Raffi could of made reference to the way the country was dealing with the homeless problem and how it lead to change,etc.

Reactions: Foxbat
Allison Pill is Not in Season 3, but Annie Wersching Borg Queen IS.
So they Could go that route to some extent, if they decided too.
Yes they could or they could keep the face of the queen covered like they did at first in Picard. I think the only reason why Agnes face was shown was to appeal to Picard and get him to work with his old friend. Since she will be on her own ship guarding the trans warp conduit they could then reveal the other queen Annie Wersching as the face of the Borg since Agnes isn't needed anymore. She was the reason why Agnes was assimilated in the first place. So it would make sense that she would then be dominant again.

Reactions: Jimbo
I am not sure of that. I think there are possibly two strains of borg.

Could be like bees, seperate collectives each having it's own queen.
Could be just that. I still think that the Agnes /Borg queen is guarding the transwarp conduit because they might fear the other collective might be coming through it some day.