SUPER-DMA is ready! Hartford, CT is the first to get it!

madpoet said:
Trying to figure out how to get them for sure... so I need to reboot and then what?
And then either do a new channel scan or simply un-hide them via Options & Settings/Local Channels
Are you in Hartford?

Yep. Had nothing there after 1 reboot to unhide. I'll try it again in a bit :). I find it odd how many of us Voomers are here in Connecticut...

channels were listed after reboot. Don't have to do anything else. I don't have program guide for WCBS,WNYW WWOR . These are the ones I need as I don't get Springfield or Providence stations. It added guide data for a couple of LI channels and Spanish channels form NY. Also added program info for PBS from Bridgeport that I didn't have before. Program info is here for Springfield and Providence channels. I wonder if they didn't add the stations from the ESB combiner. These are the ones we need in Western CT. Can someone check this. I already had the channels in my receiver as I picked them up when we got the ability to scan for channels, so I don't know if I didn't already have them if they would be added with super DMA. Hope this makes sense.

Please forgive my stupidity but what does this mean. Will there be more local stations or what? :what

rgaines said:
Please forgive my stupidity but what does this mean. Will there be more local stations or what? :what
This feature is very important for those who are able to reach stations from two or more DMAs. Currently (without the Super-DMA) you can scan in distant OTA stations (coming from a different DMA), but there are two significant restrictions:
1. The program guide for those stations outside your home DMA is not available.
2. If the station does not send PSIP data, you cannot scan it in.​
This new Super-DMA map is supposed to help eliminate both of these problems by including not only your local stations, but also stations from surrounding areas into your OTA map.

Anyone?

Who else has given this a try? What do you think?

When will the other STB's be updated?

Correction: From what I was told this morning, the Super-DMA map has the same number as the old one: "0027", not "0270"! "0270" is what they used for testing. The production map will have the same number as the old one. Sorry for confusion.

So, how can you tell if you have the new Super-DMA map? Simple. Just look for PG info for channels outside your DMA. Once you have the Super-DMA, you should start getting PG listings for those channels!

riffjim4069 said:
Ilya, Do you have a rollout schedule?
They want to see how Hartford map update goes first. If there are no problems, they are going to roll the other 209 maps out soon after that. Probably within 2 weeks, from what I was told. Again, this will depend on what issues they encounter in the process. They count on SatelliteGuys forum members to provide the feedback! So, if you are in Hartford, please post your Super-DMA map observations!

Glad to hear voom still has a pulse. Rolling out SUPER DMA is good news. I live in Annapolis, MD which is between DC and BALT market and would love to recv the PG for both.

I live in Bethlehem CT in the Hartford DMA. They didn't add the NY City channels in the new listings. Now that the combiner is done I watch NY channels more than CT channels as I can leave antenna in 1 place. Signal strength is right around 90 with no dropouts so i really need the guide for these channels. Can't get WPIX or WNBC yet as they aren't at full power but I would assume since the other channels that are already on at full power come in rock solid they will also come in. Maybe Ill ya can tell Voom to add these channels. Why they added the spanish channels from NYC but not the main ones is a mystery.

I live in a border town to Canada. Any chance they'll add Canadian channels?

What Gives?

Where are all the CONN Voomers? Is there anyone else out there who can tell us how the Super DMA is working? VOOM, send the Update to the Indianapolis area and I'll be glad to post a report.

Send News.................. :confused:

Ok they just put the Dish back on my roof. Getting a nice solid 97 signal. :)

As soon as I plugged the unit in it started downloading the new software.

The current List on my receiver is 0230 and my Target List is 0240.

I will report more when the install is all done. :)

Well so far it works...

The non Hartford DMA channels are now in my guide. However my guide has not filled with any program information yet.

You can go to the Local Channels setup screen and hide and unhide channels as you wish.

When you go to the AIM OFF AIR Antenna from the Installer Menu you will see some new stuff dealing with PSIP.

Then you go and do a channel scan (just like normal)

When you are all done in the Installation Menu you get a new success screen which tells you that you can add and remove local channels.

When you go to the local channels setup screen you can hide and unhide channels.

Its been over a half hour since my unit has rebooted and I still don't have program information, but I am sure once it is done all my Springield channels will show up in the guide with discriptions. :)

BTW excuse the quality of the photos, as they were taken by the camera on my cell phone. :D

Attachments

• voom6.jpg
    voom6.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 188
  • voom5.jpg
    voom5.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 177
  • voom3.jpg
    voom3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 190
  • voom4.jpg
    voom4.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 184
  • voom2.jpg
    voom2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 190
For those in Hartford (OTA map 0027):

If you are still not receiving PG info for some of the channels from your new Super-DMA, please post the channel numbers, call letters and RF numbers if you know them. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)