Super-DMA is being released!

Ilya, Birmingham, AL still not listed any info. Seems like they got me surrounded mobile, montgomery,decatur, florence but no birmingham, Al's largest city?

Ilya said:
In most cases, the Super-DMA map will not bring you any new channels. Just the program listings for distant stations, if you have any.
For further details please read the second post of this thread: Super-DMA FAQ.

Ilya, maybe it's just word differences but in my case Super-DMA, or some other download, has added the CT channels to my local listings. They were not there before and I did not do a scan because I am unable to do so. In fact, it has added a number of CT stations for which I do not receive any signal. Maybe it's something unique in the NY metro area.

Is it possible that after a factory reset the box reactivates on it's own? I thought one had to call Voom to "hit" the box to reactivate?

Martin21

My post one page back didn't seem to elicit a response so I'll ask more directly.

Ilya,

Can you explain something to me? I live in a rural area in between the Mobile/Pensacola/Ft Walton region and Dothan Ala. I receive stations in both these regions strongly. I have always gotten the PG info for Mobile/Pensacola/Ft Walton but not Dothan. Both of these super DMA maps have been released but I still get no Dothan info. My current map # is 0663. That doesn't match the # for either of these DMA maps.

Am I SOL? If one lives in an "in between" region what the heck is supposed to happen? BTW, I rebooted, and rescanned to see if it would help but it didn't.

Ricknau said:
My current map # is 0663.
Strange map number... I'll check on this one.

martin21 said:
Is it possible that after a factory reset the box reactivates on it's own? I thought one had to call Voom to "hit" the box to reactivate?
Unless they changed something lately, you have to call VOOM and ask them to send an authorization hit after the Factory Reset.

Ilya.... I hope Erie is up soon on super DMA. Need Buffalo and Cleveland added. To bad they can't add Canadian out of Toronto as well. I know those who VOOM in Buffalo would like that as well.

Milwaukee DMA

Just tried to use the Green Bay stations. They are ALL screwed up. The station call letters are incorrect as well as the program guide. I can still watch them, but what is on the guide is not what you get. Someone needs to take a look.

recently became a voomer , rebooted my stb after super dma was released for the tampa/st.pete area , it now appears i have numerous new channels with programming guides but no audio or picture, message on the screen says "no signal try later "...am i doing something wrong or what?

Westbender said:
Just tried to use the Green Bay stations. They are ALL screwed up. The station call letters are incorrect as well as the program guide. I can still watch them, but what is on the guide is not what you get. Someone needs to take a look.
Please make sure to list all missing or incorrectly mapped stations in the following thread:
Report channels missing from the Super-DMA

x-raywc said:
recently became a voomer , rebooted my stb after super dma was released for the tampa/st.pete area , it now appears i have numerous new channels with programming guides but no audio or picture, message on the screen says "no signal try later "...am i doing something wrong or what?
Welcome aboard!
I suggest you do a channel scan. If after that you still have channels with no signal, just hide them manually via "Local Channels" menu.

I live in big spring, TX which is in the Midland/Odessa DMA. I notice that there were 2 new stations listed on my local channels, 6-1 (I have no idea what this one is) and 34-1 ( FOX KJTV i think out of Lubbock). What about all the other Lubbock stations 11-1, 5-1,2,3, etc. And what about the abilene stations 20-1,2 which I can get very well. Will these be added today or in the future?

Just checked and got some new locals but nothing worth noting in Nashville. Might try to reboot and see if they come in.

Ilya - any update this week on the roll out? According to the sequence, I should (hopefully) be in the next round. I'm in the Sacramento DMA - 019.

This thread seems to have gone very quiet. Is this because it is working, or nobody is checking?

Thanks,

Doug

I got the super DMA few days ago in Midland/Odessa area DMA #157 I think. Completely useless so far. I actually live in Big Spring, 45 miles east of Midland and due to the topogaphy between here and there am unable to get the Midland stations. I am able to get some Lubbock stations which is some 100 miles to the north of here and am able to get an Abilene station very well. I thought that the super DMA would help me by listing these Lubbock stations and the abilene station but only two stations were added even though there must be about 7 stations in Lubbock and Abilene areas. Why were there only 2 stations added?? I have explained this in the report missing stations thread but nothing has been done so far. So, will my reporting these missing stations eventually lead to Voom adding them? I sure wish they would add them.

I called Voom customer service and explained the situations to them. The CSR did not know anything about the super DMA release. She says "the only new channels we released are satellite channels." I politely explained what I was talking about and she put me on hold and asked someone else and then replied to me, "We don't provide the local channels they are provided by local stations." I then re-explained DMA and superDMA and then the said the same thing. So I said okay, and then she actually said to me "Did I answer your questions?" Okay, so that got me nowhere. Well anyway maybe i won't have to worry about DMA's and super DMA's in the near future if Voom is shut down!

Ok, I've just posted the schedule for this week. If everything goes well, pretty much all remaining Super-DMA maps will be released within the next couple of days. Once it's done, VOOM will be spending more efforts on updating the maps according to your requests. Thank you for your patience! ;)

I may be mistaken but I think I read somewhere that you software ver. had to be a 2.7. Mine's 2.4 did I read this wrong?

jlawless1718 said:
I may be mistaken but I think I read somewhere that you software ver. had to be a 2.7. Mine's 2.4 did I read this wrong?
If it is Software version 2.4C (a.k.a Nep.737), you are fine! That's what everyone has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)