Super-DMA is being released!

rbootss said:
Ever since the Super-DMA roll-out for Washington DC on the 9th, I've experienced the following SEVERE problems...
The DC map problem has been escalated through VOOM engineers. They are aware of the problem and are working on fixing it. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
As for Installation Wizard problem, this can be fixed through Factory Reset, though I would wait until the OTA map is corrected first.

Ilya said:
The DC map problem has been escalated through VOOM engineers. They are aware of the problem and are working on fixing it. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
As for Installation Wizard problem, this can be fixed through Factory Reset, though I would wait until the OTA map is corrected first.
Ok I have a question " What's the Bid Deal about Super DMA" I live in columbus OHIO and I don't see any Super DMA Map so "what's it For and What Good does it DO?:

kelljc said:
Ok I have a question " What's the Bid Deal about Super DMA" I live in columbus OHIO and I don't see any Super DMA Map so "what's it For and What Good does it DO?:
Please read the first two posts of this thread.

Ilya said:
Please read the first two posts of this thread.
Thank you : but what changes will there be, we already receive all locals in our area by scanning all station's up at the time, so my question still stands what is the deal with Super DMa, " station's outside our area or what::?,"EDIT" I live in Columbus OHIO we receive 4,6,10,28,34,53, "Nbc,ABC,CBS,Fox,PBS,UPn:",no other stations can we recieve wilthout a HIGHGAIN Ant, so what Will Super Dma do for all of the sub's with the same type of programing choices, and if not why all of the talk about them?>

Super-DMA Failure here in DC..

Ilya..

How do you KNOW that VOOM engineers are working to FIX..I called VOOM CSR and they have NO info on the problem and they had NO mechanism to pass on my complaint to their Technical support staff..Very frustrating call..They said they could dispatch a technician to fix the problem..But this is not a STB problem at all..

As for Installation Wizard problem, I know that a Factory Reset is supposed to fix the missing Installation Wizard..But it does not..I've done this several times without success..

My patience is wearing very thin..Not a good way to keep what small customer base there is with VOOM..

Roy

P.S..Please keep us updated..Tks..

kelljc said:
Thank you : but what changes will there be, we already receive all locals in our area by scanning all station's up at the time, so my question still stands what is the deal with Super DMa, " station's outside our area or what::?,"EDIT" I live in Columbus OHIO we receive 4,6,10,28,34,53, "Nbc,ABC,CBS,Fox,PBS,UPn:",no other stations can we recieve wilthout a HIGHGAIN Ant, so what Will Super Dma do for all of the sub's with the same type of programing choices, and if not why all of the talk about them?>
Most likely there will be no change for you. Super-DMA only matters to those who can potentially receive stations outside their home DMA. I am in the Eastern suburb of Cleveland and our DMA is pretty big: it includes Akron, Canton and even Mansfield, which I can't get even with a huge antenna. So, in my case, I don't expect to gain anything with the Super-DMA...

rbootss said:
Ilya..
How do you KNOW that VOOM engineers are working to FIX..I called VOOM CSR and they have NO info on the problem and they had NO mechanism to pass on my complaint to their Technical support staff...
Unfortunately CSRs are not always up-to-date on the latest changes. To streamline and expedite problem resolution, staff members of this forum are staying in direct contact with VOOM engineers and report most important problems directly, bypassing the Customer Service. In addition, VOOM engineers monitor this and other Super-DMA-related threads and count on SatelliteGuys for your feedback. This Super-DMA roll-out is a huge undertaking: it affects 200 maps and thousands of channels. The customer feedback is very important. On this particular DC issue I have exchanged emails with VOOM engineers this morning, as soon as I saw several posts all specific to DC area.

As for Installation Wizard problem, I know that a Factory Reset is supposed to fix the missing Installation Wizard..But it does not..I've done this several times without success..
Are you sure you are talking about the Factory Reset, not just unplug/reboot?

What about the small towns not listed on rollout lists?

I live in a fairly small city in northern California, called Eureka. I don't know if there are any broadcasters outside my area that I can receive signal from, but I suppose there is a chance.

I have firmware 7.37 but as far as I can tell, no super DMA. Will I ever get it? My installer once told me that with the right antenna setup, a guy can get Redding TV signals here. I do know that I can go into the "aim antenna" mode on the VOom box and see really high signal levels on channel numbers that I don't receive. That is, I can punch in a channel number that I don't get and it displays 90%+ signal strength. I just have to wonder what those channels are.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
--Dan

i gat super DMA and now i cannot scan channels i can get to instaler menu when i hit scan it goes back to channel that is playing i have done a reset that did not help.

DC-Super-DMA still not working - Problem continues..

To all..

My stated previous problem with..Channel surf out of sequence..lock-up's..freeze-up..incorrect guide info..Still missing Installation Wizard continues..

I'm NOT a happy VOOM customer..Very annoying and frustrating..Called CSR..They have NO clue and mentioned if this forum says there is a problem then it must be right..But they could not pass on my problem to their support engineer staff..Very inefficient..

Ilya - Yes I know the difference between factory reset and hard reboot..NOT an Idiot here..

I wish you had some good news to say about a fix..But I'm NOT hopeful..I do not believe the VOOM engineers are taking the DC complaints seriously at all..If they had, then they would back out of it and test before re-deployment..Bad practice..

Unhappy VOOMer..

Roy

I live in the DC mapping area and my STB is freezing 3-4 times a day. I KNOW this must be DMA related. I had no problems prior to the release. The CSR I spoke to said VOOM is aware of the problem but no update on a fix.

I am not a happy customer.

Don

DMA map. money eating, time consuming, ridiculous idea. A map Voom has to update perpetually. The potential for disaster is limitless. This must be one of James's ideas? :rolleyes: Why cant the reciever simply tune in everything it can recieve? This must be some kind of deterent to moving the reciever to another location. :rolleyes: All of this just to prevent people from selling it as an OTA tuner. Too funny.

The receiver does tune it everything it receives. I am in the Erie, PA DMA but get channels from Cleveland and Buffalo each 90 miles away. What I don't get is the guide information for those other DMA's. That is what I hope will be corrected.

I agree with Vurbano...the possibility of corrupting the PG for an entire region is much more likely with the Super DMA; too many moving pieces and parts. I like the the DMA Super DMA Map concept since I enjoy having PG date for all locals in the vicinity (certainly a must for DVR recording), but I must admit if it's going to be such a pain-in-the-ass then just add a manual recording feature to the DVR software (i.e. record a channel at a certain time regardless of program data).

What about DMA-10 DETROIT

Looking at the latest posting with schedules, looks like we skipped right over DMA 10- Detroit. I live near Toledo Ohio and can not get any detroit locals, I need Toledo to show up for me. Thanks!

UPDATE: There were map issues in Washington DC, Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta
that were fixed last night. If your are still having problems, please post here.

Ilya said:
Just keep checking the Roll-out schedule. I will update it as soon as I hear any new info. ;)
I have the roll out date has passed and i have not seen any diffence
Released 02/28/05-03/01/05:

* 002 - Los Angeles
* 022 - St. Louis
* 042 - New Orleans
* 061 - Charleston/Huntington, WV
* 081 - Shreveport, LA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)