Super-DMA is being released!

Your just waiting for me to "agree" with you, right.

No seriously thanks for the info, it looks like snow in the forecast and now I have a technical excuse.

I am still interested in the alternative site to antennaweb though. the DMA has picked up stations not on that website.

Kentstater72 said:
Your just waiting for me to "agree" with you, right.

No seriously thanks for the info, it looks like snow in the forecast and now I have a technical excuse.

I am still interested in the alternative site to antennaweb though. the DMA has picked up stations not on that website.
No I don't need you to agree " facts are Fact's " you can't get out of area 30 miles or so, without spending dollars, and that is the Fact. no matter what super DMA say's you can:.Edit: Most if not all of your questions go back 50 years when the locals set up their area of service, I don't see how we can get around that FACT:. you're from Detroit area, 80 miles west of cleveland,put up a 150 mile ant and see what you get with out taking away by filter what channel you want. spend the time and spend the money. and then you'll know that is the way it is.OH one more Edit: and we can't get C-band on a 1.2 meter Dish Right?

How do I find out which SDMA I would be in for zip 51243 exactly and how do I look on my stb for this? Thanks for any help.

kspeters said:
How do I find out which SDMA I would be in for zip 51243 exactly and how do I look on my stb for this? Thanks for any help.
Try pressing green 2 times and installer menu, go down to ota and check each of your's locals you should get, signal strg, then rescan: should answer all of you question, if scan comes up with 30 channels you'll get about 1/2, have to check signal for each that will tell you everything.

The following maps have been released yesterday:

011 Houston, TX
031 Milwaukee, WI
051 Jacksonville, FL & New Brunswick, GA
071 Honolulu, HI
091 Burrlington, VT & Plattsburgh, NY
111 Lansing, MI
131 Columbus/Tupelo/West Point, MS
151 Salisbury, MD
171 Dothan, AL
191 Twin Falls, ID

More Super-DMA maps coming next week. From now on: 10 maps/day.

Kentstater72 said:
I remember there was an alternative site, does anyone remember what that was?
Try this site.
You need to enter in you longitute, latitude & magnetic declination.
I find it to be much more accurate for my location than antennaweb.

kspeters said:
Press HELP-INFO-OK. Then scroll down 3-4 times until you see "Off Air Map".

Ilya said:
Press HELP-INFO-OK. Then scroll down 3-4 times until you see "Off Air Map".
Good answer but He's asked that question >3 times answers were given maybe we can't read or we just like to type?

Thanks guys, I'll try that, i guess I was wondering if there was anywhere on the web that would show the difference between the two.

Ilya, I have a question regarding OTA channel scanning. I have searched the site several times but cannot find any info on how this is done. The installer did not leave any STB info. How do I do a channel scan? I received the SDMA last week and have not noticed any new channels. I live in Indpls and there may have not been any changes. Thanks for your help.

Voomer55 said:
Ilya, I have a question regarding OTA channel scanning. I have searched the site several times but cannot find any info on how this is done. The installer did not leave any STB info. How do I do a channel scan? I received the SDMA last week and have not noticed any new channels. I live in Indpls and there may have not been any changes. Thanks for your help.
If you have already received a Super-DMA map, you might be able to un-hide some channels. Press VOOM and then green button. You will see a menu. One of the options there will take you to the list of OTA channels. See if some of them are marked hidden.

To do a channel scan, press VOOM and then green button twice. Select "Installer menu" and then "Installation Wizard". OTA Channel Scan is one of the options there. When the channel scan is finished, make sure to save the results (follow the on-screen instructions).

truqui said:
Any word on Miami/Ft. Lauderdale???
TIA
You will be next after agi! ;)

agi said:
Sure, everybody always says that and then I wait 2 years ;)
Actually I am not kidding! :D
If you look at the pattern of released maps, you can see that they increment map numbers sequentially. Maps 15 (Cleveland) and 55 (Albany) are scheduled to be released at the end of next week. So, if the pattern continues, maps 17 (Miami) and 56 (Little Rock) should not be far behind! ;)

Still looking for Erie, PA to include Cleveland and Buffalo DMA's

Super-DMA Failure here in DC..

To all, Sat. March 12, 2005

Ever since the Super-DMA roll-out for Washington DC on the 9th, I've experienced the following SEVERE problems on almost a continuoius basis..

1) - Channel Surfing brings up channels in an out of order sequence every time..very annoying..

2) - Channel Surfing causes the picture to freeze..Requires soft or hard reboot..

3) - The picture will freeze without any remote input or warning..

4) - Guide info brings up wrong channel info..

5) - ..A BIG one - The Installation Wizzard is missing and I have been unable to bring it up..So I have no way of scanning channels, etc..

My STB Software version is 02.4C(7.37).. I've rebooted/powered
cycled on/off STB several times and the problems remain.

So who should see my post and when will it be fixed??

Roy in DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts