**Wanted**: Super DMA testers in San Diego & NY

PBHDinSD said:
So would you clarify what Super DMA is and what it will give me
Sure. Basically, Super DMA gives you two things:
1. Program Guide listings for stations beyond your home DMA (right now you might be able to tune to them, but there is no program guide).
2. You might be able to get some stations outside your DMA that do not broadcast PSIP data. Currently, the STB wouldn't lock on them, but with Super DMA it might be able to.

My antenna may get in the way, I tried to get LA stations using a couple different antennas with no luck. I don't get ABC and CBS locally.
Then you most likely won't qualify for the test. ;)

Also I may be switching to cox so that I can get NFL playoffs in HD, but would still be happy to test, any incentive for testing, like free voom for a month?
Definitely won't qualify! :D

I'm in San Diego and since the latest software upgrade it looks like I am getting an LA channel (WB at 5-1). I'll help out if needed. MJB

Sean Mota said:
Voom is looking to push the Super DMA code and would like to send it to a few testers first. There are two regions identified for the test. San Diego and NY.

In order to qualify you need to be in a region where you can currently see other DMA besides yours. For example, I live in NYC and I can see other DMAs channels from Hartford, CT. Another example, if you are in San Diego can you see other DMA like LA.

Information:
current OTA maps are limited to a single DMA but available through Scanning function.

If you would like to help, please post here that you would like to participate.

You may send myself or Ilya just your full name and we'll send it to the Voom engineers so that you may participate.

Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us or Ilya@SatelliteGuys.us

Sean,

Do the volunteers have to be in San Diego or NY only? I'm in Austin, TX and I can receive San Antonio stations (outside my DMA). Additionally, when the weather conditions are *just right*, I can pick up Houston stations. :cool:

My PG has all of the Houston and SA stations on it (even when I cannot currently receive the Houston stations), but of course, I have no programming info for them.

I'd love to test the new DMA software -- the Fox station in SA comes in much better than the local Austin Station! :no

-MarkSly

I live in rural Ms.
Receive New Orleans La. stations.
Gulf Coast stations
Hattiesburge area stations

Each area has channels the others don't and this would be a great addition to vavavoom especially when the dvr comes.

Sean

Do you know when they are suppose to push the code down to the testers that are picked?

Thanks,

Pat

Do not know yet. But it will be soon. If it's not done before tomorrow then it will be next week, my guess. I am also waiting for it since I can do multiple dma mapping in my area.

Test Available Here....

I live in Columbia SC
Currently I have my Voom provided batwing antenna up around 38ft.
I get the following with no program guide(also see the channel scan stop and look on quite a few channels then resume with nothing):
Augusta GA stations, 4 of them
Greenville/Spartanburg SC stations, 2
Charleston SC stations, 1
Charlotte NC stations, 2

email me if they want me to test..

supercrosser@nospam.hotmail.com(remove the nospam)

Bilodeaumj said:
I'm in San Diego and since the latest software upgrade it looks like I am getting an LA channel (WB at 5-1). I'll help out if needed. MJB

Bilodeaumj, I get 5-1, 5-2 stations also. Are you sure they are LA stations?

I have been told that a few were sent the super DMA code. Don't get upset if you did not get it, I did not get it either :). Also, nothing will be sent or done until after CES.

PBHDinSD said:
Bilodeaumj, I get 5-1, 5-2 stations also. Are you sure they are LA stations?

No not really. It is a WB station, though lately I've only been getting 5-2. It probably is more likely a Orange County station. I sure wish we could get UPN. I miss Enterprise (o.k. the vulcan science officer mostly)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts