Super-DMA is being released!

Ilya said:
VOOM has started the rollout of the Super-DMA OTA mapping! Hartford, CT map has been released last week. Other DMAs will be released starting today.

EDIT 02/18/05: The rollout is expected to resume on Monday 02/21.

Please use this thread for all discussions related to the Super-DMA. Feel free to post any questions. In addition, I am going to start two new threads:

Super-DMA rollout schedule – this thread will have the latest information about the schedule of Super-DMA map updates.

Report channels missing from the Super-DMA – post here only if you have already received a Super-DMA map, but some important channels are missing.

Hi Ilya - I left you a message in the Report channels missing from the Super-DMA thread for the Sacramento, CA DMA. Only a couple missing and many, many others came in. Specific info is in the other thread.

Thanks for all your help and continuing to post this data for the membership. If you need more data from me, please let me know.

Cheers,

Doug

Ilya - I found an error (rather than an omission) in the 0019 Sacramento, CA Super-DMA map and posted in the other thread.

Thanks again for your help on this.

Doug

Ilya could you let them know that KCAH is up in the monterey-Salinas dma# 120. Got the pg for KNTV which was the only other one missing. Anyways thanks alot for doing this

x-raywc said:
recently became a voomer , rebooted my stb after super dma was released for the tampa/st.pete area , it now appears i have numerous new channels with programming guides but no audio or picture, message on the screen says "no signal try later "...am i doing something wrong or what?

Are you using the Antenna that came with your VOOM System? if so, depending where you are located in the Tampa area, you may not be able to pick up certain channels. You have no picture because your signal strength is too low for the system to lock. I would consider buying a nice OTA antenna with a rotor and a world of programming will open up to you. Check out this link to see what available to you. http://www.w9wi.com/tvdb/states/fl.htm Most towers in your area are located NORTH of Tampa. I can pick up Tampa from Ocala with my antenna. If you would like more information, feel free to PM or message me here. Good luck :)

Just as a FYI, there still are other problems with the DMA, My local FOX is listed as FOX 35 WOFL out of Orlando. They duplicate their programming on WOGX 51 in Ocala. Now I can't even get a signal of 1 on FOX 35 but I can get a signal of 99 on WOGX but it will not tune or save and does not appear in my locals list. Because of terrestrial obstructions, the rest of the Orlando stations come in when the weather is JUST RIGHT.

x-raywc said:
recently became a voomer , rebooted my stb after super dma was released for the tampa/st.pete area , it now appears i have numerous new channels with programming guides but no audio or picture, message on the screen says "no signal try later "...am i doing something wrong or what?

Are you using the Antenna that came with your VOOM System? if so, depending where you are located in the Tampa area, you may not be able to pick up certain channels. You have no picture because your signal strength is too low for the system to lock. I would consider buying a nice OTA antenna with a rotor and a world of programming will open up to you. Check out this link to see what available to you. http://www.w9wi.com/tvdb/states/fl.htm Most towers in your area are located NORTH of Tampa. I can pick up Tampa from Ocala with my antenna. If you would like more information, feel free to PM or message me here. Good luck

Just as a FYI, there still are other problems with the DMA, My local FOX is listed as FOX 35 WOFL out of Orlando. They duplicate their programming on WOGX 51 in Ocala. Now I can't even get a signal of 1 on FOX 35 but I can get a signal of 99 on WOGX but it will not tune or save and does not appear in my locals list. Because of terrestrial obstructions, the rest of the Orlando stations come in when the weather is JUST RIGHT.

Any way to edit DMA from a service screen?

Now that the Voom satellite is no longer sending the DMA data to the voom receiver, is there any way to manually update the DMA in the recevier? Is there a service screen to do this?

Thanks
Ron

Apparently not.......

I've been trying to figure out a way to turn on the feature in the receiver that displays the PSIP information so that I can watch channels without having to search through them blind sightedly without a guide. I guess because doing so would be considered hacking or reverse engineering the Motorola boxes and satellite guys doesn't want to be faced with a lawsuit for having such information in case someone reports this site to Motorola or someone from within that company itself would find out through a search of the web on stuff considered "hack talk." Notice: I don't want to do anything that would illegally give me something I didn't pay for (i.e.: scrambled channels, or receiving channels from other satellite carriers illegallly with this receiver). I only want to gain the potential that this receiver has concerning the PSIP data. Yes, we all know that HDTV tuners have to receive a PSIP signal to be able to decode or add in a channel to a line-up. The thing also is that commercial receivers you can buy will have a guide that tells you what is on according to the information coded within the PSIP data. Our receivers have that potential to display that information, but this feature was not turned on in the software. It could be as simple as a code saying "display available PSIP data yes or no? with no being enabled. Voom didn't turn this feature on because all the guide data was coming from the satellite as they had originally set up in the beginning. I guess because of the fact that they didn't intend on the satellite service shutting down, they didn't think about the fact that we might be using them only as tuners in the "near future." I assume that the programmers were told at Voom to not send out anymore software updates, even ones to show this information, after it was announced that the company would shut down.

graffron said:
Now that the Voom satellite is no longer sending the DMA data to the voom receiver, is there any way to manually update the DMA in the recevier? Is there a service screen to do this?
You can still do a channel scan to add new channels to the list, and you can also hide channels that you don't get, if that's what you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts