Team Summit 2019

Can anyone say lipstick on a pig!

I respectfully disagree. As I said, I am still happy with with my HWS, all three tuners of it. I have a 4K Joey for my 4K TV and the HWS for my 1080 bedroom TV.

I won’t upgrade to a H3 anytime soon. I would be happy to have the HWS faster, and when 4K content is readily available, upgrade to the H3.

Free. :). They want to keep you as a customer and they don’t want to spend a lot of money to upgrade you to a newer Hopper if they don’t have to.

And let’s face it many people love their shoppers and Hopper 2’s but they are slow. This solves that problem. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

If it becomes available 18 May and is no cost (or even small cost) how do we get it? Do we call dish cost service or DIRT?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
If it becomes available 18 May and is no cost (or even small cost) how do we get it? Do we call dish cost service or DIRT?

I was told you call dish and tell them you want to upgrade as your hopper is too slow. :)

But personally I would wait a few days after that as we all know how little they know on the first day of something release.

I wonder if they are using Hughes net at all there tower locations for transport and transit? The demo counted down video on youtube with Charlie showed some vsat.

I said it before and I'll say it again Dish
will be the last company standing. DirecTV may fade away but all those customers that refuse to move to the IP based direct will go to Dish and since he mentioned consolidation is ok don't be surprised if they try to buy the D* satellite business eventually. Remember there is still a segment of the population that depends on or absolutely must have pay TV

Yeah, the same thought crossed my mind when I read the quote from Charlie suggesting that consolidation of the two satellite operators (Dish & DirecTV) "would be good". Although both companies realize that their future lies in IP networks, Dish is now and always has been way more centered on DBS than AT&T. I don't think AT&T cares much at all about satellite TV, per se, and they'll try to shift the bulk of their customers over to their streaming TV products.

I could imagine Charlie being open to buying the DirecTV DBS business and consolidating it with Dish but I don't think AT&T would be open to selling it until a couple more years at least, to give them time to transition customers to their other products. And I'm not sure Dish could swing the purchase either. I don't know where they're going to get the cash to build out a nationwide 5G network from scratch, much less purchase DirecTV too.

Scott: Regarding the Hopper Snap availability on May 16th. I assume you would need to call Dish to request one, right?
I was told you call dish and tell them you want to upgrade as your hopper is too slow. :)

But personally I would wait a few days after that as we all know how little they know on the first day of something release.
LOL. My experience with the Dish CSR's is that they're the last to know about anything new at Dish. Is this intentional?

Scott: Regarding the Hopper Snap availability on May 16th. I assume you would need to call Dish to request one,

Wait for me to tell you they are available. As I know they won’t be available on time.

I shot a great demo video with the person who actually did all the work on the project. I think you will be impressed when I get it online.

But for many of us, the Veterans and 55+ deals make the Snap moot.

I think I’ll finally move on the Hopper 3 with these deals.

I’ve got somebody now to install an attic ladder. Make access to wiring much easier.

So, many thanks to you for the info and impetus.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Charlie said satellite was and will continue to be their core product.

Quite a lot of talk about their upcoming 5G network though, wasn't there? Assuming Dish actually builds it out (rather than sell off the spectrum to, say, T-Mobile if their proposed merger with Sprint gets blocked, as Dish has lobbied for), yes, it would take years before 5G becomes an actual business for Dish. Building a whole network from scratch takes time. But if it does become a reality then, surely, it becomes the main focus of the company. Charlie knows that everything is moving to the internet and that traditional multichannel TV service has peaked.

Reactions: HipKat
Wait for me to tell you they are available. As I know they won’t be available on time.

I shot a great demo video with the person who actually did all the work on the project. I think you will be impressed when I get it online.

Scott. Regarding the Hopper Snap, do you think it might eventually be available from sources other than Dish? Perhaps Dish Depot, etc.

I said it before and I'll say it again Dish
will be the last company standing. DirecTV may fade away but all those customers that refuse to move to the IP based direct will go to Dish and since he mentioned consolidation is ok don't be surprised if they try to buy the D* satellite business eventually. Remember there is still a segment of the population that depends on or absolutely must have pay TV
I started to really believe that with the MVDDS test sites we've been doping, coupled with what I know about the future of DTV

must have missed the 55+ benefit, what is the benefit of being old
Here is what Scott posted.
Specials for Military (Including veterans) and First Responders... Free Upgrade to Hopper 2 or 3. This will allow the deployed to watch TV from home. Movie Night on DISH, 1 movie a month for free. New Stars and Stripes package a value of $500 in the first two years. Available for new and existing comers May 23rd.

55+ Segment Special... they will get DISH Protect Gold with one truck roll for the price of DISH Protect silver. First on Demand Movie a month is FREE. A $300 value. Available May 16th.