Team Summit Wishes

I suppose. Dish hasn't really been big on things like this though. They waited with 1080p and they waited on 3D. Being how everyone is dropping 3D I bet Dish is very happy they didn't invest a lot in it.

Dish anywhere for virtual Joey? I don't follow... Why would you need or want dish anywhere on a TV that is connected to a hopper and can stream on demand?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
That's not what he said. He was hoping for a Roku channel for Dish Anywhere, or a Virtual Joey Roku channel.

I do not think that most customers know/care about the HD quality, it is good enough from Dish.

You're right. The majority of customers have no idea about HD quality. I still get plenty of customers that aren't sure if they even need HD or if they have HDTVs.

You're right. The majority of customers have no idea about HD quality. I still get plenty of customers that aren't sure if they even need HD or if they have HDTVs.

And how many use composite or RF connections to the HDTV... At least now HDMI is getting well enough known to be used now.

And how many use composite or RF connections to the HDTV... At least now HDMI is getting well enough known to be used now.

It improving but still a lack of knowledge out there. Most people call it HDM1 or HDML. For some reason they can't make out that "I" on the TV screen.

I've seen customers have their TVs connected with HDMI and coax and when we go to troubleshoot their issue (for something unrelated) we find out they have been watching it through the coax for how long. They just don't seem to notice. I still find my wife watching a show in SD because she stopped the channel on the SD version instead of channeling up to the HD version.

It improving but still a lack of knowledge out there. Most people call it HDM1 or HDML. For some reason they can't make out that "I" on the TV screen.

I've seen customers have their TVs connected with HDMI and coax and when we go to troubleshoot their issue (for something unrelated) we find out they have been watching it through the coax for how long. They just don't seem to notice. I still find my wife watching a show in SD because she stopped the channel on the SD version instead of channeling up to the HD version.

I locked out all the SD versions of the HD channels to avoid that issue..

I locked out all the SD versions of the HD channels to avoid that issue..

That's a good idea. This generally only happens on the regional sports channels for us though. Since I have the Hopper system it already gets rid of all the duplicate channels in SD except for the RSNs because they are not full time.

No doubt many.... In many cases, the previous box (satellite or cable receiver) was connected via coaxial cable and they simply swapped boxes. My in-laws had (2) HDTVs, both connected to HDTV set-tops with coaxial cable !! Worse, I think Time Warner installed them !! Are they too cheap to give customers HDMI or component cables that they can buy in bulk for a couple bucks a piece ?

A DISH Anywhere or Virtual Joey app for the Roku would be Awesome! I would use it all the time at the office instead of a laptop. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)