Team Summit Wishes

"...For all SatelliteGuys members in attendance it was an interesting view into a great mind, and it was something that not many people have ever got to do. With the way things are now I don't know if we would be able to anything like that again. When DISH's legal found out Charlie did that I am sure they had a bird. :)"

Or something that rhymes with it......
:D

Sure they were upset at losing channels but when they heard what happened they couldn't blame Charlie for making the move he did.

Given the last minute settlement w/$700M payout to Cablevision, I really wonder if Charlie himself thinks he did the right thing.

Given the last minute settlement w/$700M payout to Cablevision, I really wonder if Charlie himself thinks he did the right thing.
Yeah he probably does... and truth be told he made out by paying the $700 million. Didn't he get a bunch if things including more wireless spectrum by settling that one?

They sure need something to cheer up the dealers with all the directv/att news in the press today.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

Would be an interesting platform to announce the IP service if it exists.
I submit that it would be the wrong forum. Consider who the "Team" is.

Maybe they need to let everybody know what they'll be competing against but that's probably not going to excite many in attendance as a revenue opportunity.

They sure need something to cheer up the dealers with all the directv/att news in the press today.
The fact that DISH isn't stirring the pot has to be good thing as compared to a lot of speculation about possibly massive (or possibly inconsequential) changes on the other side of the fence.

I've got bad news guys. I'm no longer going to Nashville for Team Summit. I went to the airport to catch my later flight and that got canceled as well. I was going through Chicago and they're having all kinds of problems.

I feel really bad about it and I'm upset I'm missing out on reporting the latest news to guys. Could be worse though, at least I'm home and not stuck somewhere else.

No reason why today's TVs can't last over 10 years. Just make sure you have it protected from surges since that is one of the biggest causes of failures.
There are lots of reasons why and chief among them is that they aren't built to last 10 years. The other is that the parts to repair them aren't all that easy to get. It was one thing when you only had to replace a tube, transistor or a capacitor but now all of the technical stuff resides on surface-mounted ICs. I'm seeing just as many LCDs show up at the recycling stations as I see CRTs and you can pretty much bet that most of the CRTs are older than their LCD brethren (or they were end-of-line products rushed out to consume remaining components inventories).

I've got bad news guys. I'm no longer going to Nashville for Team Summit. I went to the airport to catch my later flight and that got canceled as well. I was going through Chicago and they're having all kinds of problems.

Thanks for your effort anyhow. Does this leave Satelliteguys out of it completely? :(

I feel really bad about it and I'm upset I'm missing out on reporting the latest news to guys. Could be worse though, at least I'm home and not stuck somewhere else.

That's a bummer for you. Hope you aren't out a lot of money. Weather seems OK in both Chicago and Nashville so delays elsewhere must have kept them from getting planes to where they are needed.

I had a flight at 6.25am this morning that was canceled due to weather last night. Then today I got to the airport to find out all flight arriving and departing in Chicago were canceled.

I'm going to take this as a sign I wasn't meant to go to Nashville. I had insurance in the flight and my business will lose some money on the hotel and Team Summit registration but it could be worse. It just eats at me that I'm missing out on exciting news when I know I should be there.

I had a flight at 6.25am this morning that was canceled due to weather last night. Then today I got to the airport to find out all flight arriving and departing in Chicago were canceled.

I'm going to take this as a sign I wasn't meant to go to Nashville. I had insurance in the flight and my business will lose some money on the hotel and Team Summit registration but it could be worse. It just eats at me that I'm missing out on exciting news when I know I should be there.

I think that's a good way to look at it.

This is the second team summit I will be missing.

I never cared for team summit. Sure it was nice to be there for the announcements , but what I have found is that team summit is more about meeting your friends that you haven't seen in a year and networking with other dealers.

I had to miss Directv's revolution also due to being in the hospital. Really got to hand it to Directv for refunding my registration fees due to me being sick.

Sitting here at work feels pretty depressing today. I keep thinking about everything I'm missing out on. I know it could be worse but I'm a little bitter about the whole thing.

Sitting here at work feels pretty depressing today. I keep thinking about everything I'm missing out on. I know it could be worse but I'm a little bitter about the whole thing.
I feel the same way. I enjoy going to Team Summit not only to talk with people at DISH that I deal with all the time. (Face to face is SO much better then email.) But also talking to SatelliteGuys members who are there.

I am hopeful we can find a few reporters from the show.

I know most everything that is going to be announced but I was asked not to post it until it was announced in Nashville. But because what was told to me on a quick phone call I am lery of posting anything out of fear of getting something wrong or that they changed something at the last moment.

With that said... (and I was going to announce this tonight on our Satellite Nation talk show on SatelliteGuys Radio) we will Have Vivek Khemka, DISH's Senior Vice President of Everything thats Cool on with us next week talking about Team Summit and maybe even taking calls from the listeners. :D

With that said if any SatelliteGuys member is there and can report back live from the General Assembly please contact me. :) Thank you!