Thank You letters to VOOM and Charles Dolan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mr. Dolan,

I figure if you are willing to keep Voom going, I'm willing to make the switch from Dish to Voom. I look forward to to seeing the future of HDTV.

Mario Perdue

Thank you Mr Dolan

Thank you Mr Dolan for keeping HD alive, and voom going foreward. The day i found voom was going to stay alive was the happiest day of my life. Me and my friends celebrated the whole nite. You have a vision and it will pan out. Wait till your other HD channels roll out and the Dvr comes out, the whole United States will come crawling to the doors of Voom. Voom will be on every lips . Everyone will wait to taste the savory flavor of HD, thru the lens of voom. Mr Dolan we all know you are a genius, all of America will find out. The revolution is just beginning, and you are George Washington of 2005.

May voom live forever. God bless you. Mr Dolan you should be Time Man of the year.

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Your vision was brave and beuatiful. Because of you, I've enjoyed a year filled with television the way it *should* be in the twenty-first century.

With network affiliates multicasting in some ill-conceived desire to degrade their product so that it looks just as bad as what we get from a second-rate cable or satellite provider, you alone took the opposite tack and poured all of your resources into crystal clear high-definition feeds.

My local PBS station splits their digital bandwidth between *four* channels. Thanks to you, and the PBS-derived content on EquatorHD and Rave, I get to actually see shows like Smart Travels and Soundstage the way they were meant to be seen.

I love Voom's content. Voom has raised the bar as far as how many HD channels a satellite provider can offer. And while I know Voom hasn't been cheap to fund, I think the programming Voom has acquired for its service is remarkable in its value and diversity.

I don't know what'll happen to Voom in the future. Every day seems to bring new hyperbole about the status of the service. Is it going under? Will it be expanded? Will our boxes just go dark some morning? I've decided I don't care. Or more precisely, I've decided not to think much about it. It's nothing I can control. Instead, I choose to revel in my Voom while it lasts.

I do have one small request, if I may be so bold: Could you ask whoever handles Rave to play some more videos? I was born in the early 1970s, and spent my formative years in the age of MTV, back when MTV actually played videos. As such, they're a personal favorite of mine. And while watching the same concert twice is as dull as watching paint dry, seeing a video two or three times in a day isn't bad at all.

HDTV is worth the fight. I pray that the greedy mediocrity of innumerable low-quality, standard definition channels doesn't win the war for the souls of our nation's television sets. If quality wins out, we'll have Voom to thank for it.

Sincerely,

Jared Kendall
jedkendall@aol.com

Mr Dolan

You are a true pioneer for HDTV:

I congratulate you for your courage :)

PLEASE KEEP VOOM ALIVE!!!

Mr. Dolan,

It is refreshing to discover that there are still individuals in corporate America who actually have a vision beyond the upcoming quarter. Thank you for your continued commitment to VOOM.

I myself am a new subscriber to VOOM. I have had E* and Digital Cable both of which pale in comparison. I could not be more pleased with the service and I intend to remain as a long-time customer and advocate.

There is nothing wrong with the VOOM concept which a good marketing plan can not resolve. I encourage you to stick with your vision and I am certain that VOOM will become a huge success. The hardware market has finally reached the point where WalMart is now selling 26" HD LCD's for $750 dollars. If the VOOM message can only get out to all of these new HD owners they will be yours.

I have seen the fhe future of television and it is clearly spelled VOOM.

Best Regards,

Mike Israel
Royersford, PA

Amphicar770 said:
Mr. Dolan,

It is refreshing to discover that there are still individuals in corporate America who actually have a vision beyond the upcoming quarter. Thank you for your continued commitment to VOOM.

I myself am a new subscriber to VOOM. I have had E* and Digital Cable both of which pale in comparison. I could not be more pleased with the service and I intend to remain as a long-time customer and advocate.

There is nothing wrong with the VOOM concept which a good marketing plan can not resolve. I encourage you to stick with your vision and I am certain that VOOM will become a huge success. The hardware market has finally reached the point where WalMart is now selling 26" HD LCD's for $750 dollars. If the VOOM message can only get out to all of these new HD owners they will be yours.

I have seen the fhe future of television and it is clearly spelled VOOM.

Best Regards,

Mike Israel
Royersford, PA

Congrat's, when did your install happen ?, Last time I heard you had 4 or 5 mishaps, regarding install. did everything get done correctly?. glad to have you on board, " Go New VOOMER ", Oh I forgot, do we get free rides in your water car?.

My Beloved VoOm,

I will miss your brilliance, the caress of my ears if you leave. Please stay.
Seriously, thank you for a great product that seems to be a little before its time. Thank you for what you have provided so far, I hope the best for you and your employees.

Jim.K

Even though I have to begun vooming because my install date is scheduled for the 31st of march, I am very disappointed to see what is going on. I want my voom, I want my voom equipment and I want a 3 sat provider. I know that you have the power to deliever voom in all it's glory even if it's under a different name. Please bring us our HD well into the future. I want to be vooming until I die.

Chuck and Tom,

You two have been very quiet as of late.

I look forward to when you do have something to say.

Until then, I'm in your corner and will remain there until you tell me otherwise.

VoOm= Freedom

Dear Mr Dolan, as posted in a thankyou note from the pages above I find the analogy to freedom very pertinent.
When the board decided to yardsale rainbow 1, I posted in a forum that we were tampering with the 1st amendment.
Long story short. I am a dealer for voom and Dish network and have both displayed in my showroom. I had witnessed the live broadcast of the Presidential Innaguaration both from HDNews and fox and NBC (the latter two in sd). The thing that makes me feel that this borders on a quest for free speech is this. During the parade some goof in the crowd had lit the end of a long stick and attempted to start a red white and blue banner on fire (hung on a building).....
I was watching this as all three networks had similar angles of coverage. You could not see it in sd. It only was unveiled by high definition. To me this was as much of a milestone as the move from black and white to color. From 12"rpm to cd. A new fresh standard.
One could not see this goof on regular tv. Only available on Voom.
To me this historical. This was the first innagueral in High definition and you did it. I support your quest for HD content you have great entertainment with your 21 channels alone.
Obviously with the cloud of rumors and unknown my equipment inventory is low. I am a small retailer who pushes HD more than most. I want to continue the spread. So to you, I say way to go! Damn the torpedoes... Full speed ahead! We here are behind you.
Voom = Freedom
Thanks, Bob Hunt
Shooting Star Satellite llc
Montana USA

Mr. Dolan,
I already thanked you a while back...

I just wanted to say "Thanks, again!!"

Something is going on today, which could be a historic day in Voom's short history thus far...

We all may not understand what's going on, but we know it's you!! ;)

Keep up the fight!!

Thanks and Looking Fwd to More

Thank you Mr. Charles Dolan for the vision. My family thanks you for extreme high quality of service, programming. The customer support through all the growth and troubles has always been exceptionally friendly and helpful. The bar is set. The time has come. Voom isn't not an idea that came too early. Rainbow DBS laid the foundation that has made the HD consumer comfortable with making the jump. You have cauesed the dramatic swell in sales. These new people will be eager for a Voom service. Even if all ends now the industry can't go back. At the very least the name may change but the content is so good that survival someway has to happen. I'm a Mac user for over 25 years.

You did Great! This has been my best entertainment investment.

Dear Mr. Dolan,
I am currently a D* subscriber and with the all the news about VOOM and it's uncertainty, well let's just say that you can add one more subscriber to the growing number. Thank you and I am looking forward to using and enjoying your dream.

Dear Mr Dolan

I wish i was your son. You a true visionary and an incredible human being. You can be proud of what you have accomplished and what you will accomplish.
I realize the tough fight you are going thru with James, and shareholders. We the 46,000 members of voom are solidly behind you. I for one will be a voom subscriber till i die. I love the service so much. I have spent over $10,000 on my home theatre room, just built audio and video components around my voom system. You have the best television service in the world period. You are ahead of your times. THe marketplace will reward your vision. HD is going to be big the next two years, and voom is poised to take the lead and reap the rewards. THe other two satellite carriers are complacent, and voom can win this war.

Everyone who sees voom, loves it and wants to get it. THe message just has to get out it is a winner like you.

God bless you for your vision and fortitude, and my prayers are with you that you succeed.

May voom live foreverMay voom live forever

Although I knew of the difficulties facing Voom, I started my subscription last weekend and went all the way with Va Va Voom. I am agog at the quality of the picture and sound. As long as there is Voom I will never go back to D*. This is the tv I have waited for.
Additionally, this is the satellite system for people who love tv whether it's HD or not. It's a great lineup of programming. Monsters HD and the other exclusive channels are my personal favorites.
TV is no longer boring and the programs on my HDTV are beautiful (how many DTV customers can say that).
Thank you, Mr. Dolan for having the vision. As long as there is Voom, you will have a grateful customer in me. -JJ

Thanks for the most entertaining corporate wheeling and dealing I have witnessed in years. I hope you win. Now that you are selling the product correctly, and have a product that is almost bugfree, more power to you. Now add a DVR and I will worship at your feet, and praise you as the greatest visionary of my life.

100% Awesomely Beautiful HDTV

:) This is the BEST picture quality I've ever experienced. I've tried to achieve good picture quality thru Cox cable here in Texas but have failed. Until I recieved Voom & started using VaVa Voom I thought that it was going to be a hopeless battle. Thank You Voom for saving my HDTV expectations & blowing them away!!!! :)
:eek: I just found out tonight while trying to visit the website (voom.com) that the company was in fear of closing. All I can say to that is damn the people who are responsible for this. :mad: There is nothing that can even come close to Voom. :yes I just couldn't believe what I was reading on MSNBC about the company leaving. Thank god for people like you who stand in determination on keeping the future of TV in mind. I know if it wasn't for you for coming up with the idea of HBO I wouldn't have grown up with Fragle Rock & be in love with the Sopranos today. :yes Sir all I can truely say to you is FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes Long Live VOOM the King of HDTV :yes

March 4, 2004
Huntington Beach, Ca

Dear Mr. Dolan,

This is my second letter of thanks to you for continuing to fight for the wonderful concept of High Definition known as VOOM. Good things don't always come easy and I would like to thank you for your untiring efforts in spite of heavy opposition. VOOM is the best thing that has ever happened to Television and the American People. If there is any thing either I or the other VOOM fans can do to help you in your task you only have to ask. I wish you continued success in the days ahead.

Thanks again,

Don Dickerson
Huntington Beach, CA

Thanks!

Mr. Dolan,

Thanks for having the vision to see the future of broadcasting and for having the guts to fight for it. If it were simply about the money, you should have walked long ago, but it was most likely the notion that you could do something better that got you into this business so many years ago.

I am one of the legion of clients that doubled your subscriber base in the last few months and discovered this mess only after having recommended the service to a rather successful agent here in Los Angeles.

I'm sticking with you and your team through to the end. My HDTV would not be the same without you.

Michael Teahan
Glendale, CA

:bow

Mr Dolan

Thanks for being a Pioneer and a Great Man of Vision. Do not let your Dream Die. You are a Leader IN HD and we who have your Service Love it and will never leave it.

Keep up the Fight for US>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts