Thank You letters to VOOM and Charles Dolan

FYI: All letters posted in this thread have been forwarded to Mr. Dolan.

Mr. Dolan,

I believe you and Voom are ahead of your time. Thanks for getting the programming out to the early-adopters. Fast-forward several years and you may have achieved critical mass. The average consumer is overwhelmed with choices and needs education on HDTV. Voom is the ultimate complement to HDTV, but the message is lost. Good luck, and thanks for fighting to keep the lights on.

-Phil

Mr. Dolan,

You have always been slightly ahead of your time. The recent annoucements of NBC/Universal and other networks increasing their HD says that they are now catching up to you. You are right...This is no time to backtrack but to look forward. Thanks and good luck.

Mr Dolan,
Whatever happens i will know you have done your best. Iam on pins and needles here waiting to see what the final outcome was in your board meeting, but i have faith a technology like Voom will live on. You have done what no other satellite service has done, created the most HD channels right off the bat and allowed us who are the HDTV owners to utilize our HDTV's like they were meant to be used. From what i have been reading on you, i know you are not a quitter so you will do whatever it takes to win now or later. I have never been sooo pleased with a service like Voom and i recently dropped my cable service to get Voom and it was the best decision i have ever made. Cable can't hold a candle to what you created. And fighting for your company as you are shows you have heart which is lacking in all others who are only about money, not what the customers want. HD is what we want and you delivered what NO ONE ELSE HAS. You are a man of true honor and heart. I only wish your son could have learned what heart means to customers rather then what he can get out of this. I'm sure you instilled good business values in him, but obviously he will one day learn the hard way its not only about fighting for your dream, but about working hard to keep that dream alive. There are struggles in all new companies starting out, but the ones who stuck it out are the ones still around today. I applaud you!!! Signed; a very pleased Voom customer till the end.

Thanks - fingers crossed

Thanks for trying to keep this thing going. It would be a shame to lose Voom. HDTV is here to stay and having Voom around is better than it being gone. Good Luck!

Mr. Dolan thank you for providing such a stellar satellite service which put emphasis on High Definition the wave of the future.

Thank you
Richard Fuller

To Charles Dolan, Mickey Alpert, et al...
2/10/2005
Dear Voom,

Thanks for the continuing effort in improving your fledgling service, the boardroom battles, the ongoing uphill battle against the two other DBS businesses (one of which got $12K from me over 11 years,) and on.

I'm sure you remember just how much money that USSB/Hughes venture lost in their first three years--and are willing to bet with me that your baby will be profitable in that time (hell or high-water--and you have had both of late.)

Don't hesitate to call on any one of us here on the Sat-Guys Forum for a gut-check at any moment... as you'll be sure to get all forms of both useful and slightly crazed opinions as needed.

Best, and Break-A-Leg (preferably someone else's...)

Rick Raymo

Mr. Dolan:

Thank you for providing an additional DBS choice.

For most of us, the real problem is lack of broadcaster choices. In my area, I can suffer with 6 local TV stations OTA, or 1 cable company (w/no OTA STB support). Previously, I could choose from 2 Satellite providers (dish size is a limitation where I live). Voom's entry into the market provides 4 antenna-supportable choices, 3 with real channel selection volume, rather than the 1 poor-service cable choice. This is good for me and the market, and hopefully you. The better content via the 21 custom channels and the HD focus are an enormous a bonus. But the real appreciation is for simply providing another quality service provider offering in an otherwise sparse landscape.

At this point, I understand you are investing/betting your own fortune on your Edsel, and I appreciate it.

Thank you,
-NICK

<music>I want my Voom TV!!!</music>

There is no other service I desire but Voom...please fight and fight hard for your current and future subscribers!

I've only had Voom for a few days, and I've already been spoiled. I hope that I get to be a loyal Voom customer for many, many years. Good Luck!

I've got VOOM now too, sir. I just wish I could do more! We're in it with you for the long haul.

*waves at the uninstalled D* dish in the garage where it belongs*

:D Mr. Dolan
I have only been a VaVaVoomer for about 1 month and I cannot even think about going back to "E" or using some other inferior service.
Thank you for the most incredible TV experience I have ever had
Please don't let VOOM die
STILL VOOMIN' IN CHICAGO :) :D :) :D :yes :D :yes :) @party :up :dev

Thank you for VOOM! I have only been a subscriber for a few weeks now but have to say that I love VOOM. I will be a customer for as long as you keep the lights on!!!!

To everyone at VOOM; Keep up the great work! It is appreciated by many!!!!! :)

Yo Chuck. This is quite a service you have going here....it could only come from a visionsary. Please remember people said we didn't color TV...or stereo on FM, or a cable system.

Here's my deal for you....you keep Voom on and I'll keep paying to watch it.

Thanks

Mr Dolan,

Thank you for providing the best HD content on the planet earth! I love VOOM and am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to keep it alive.

Please keep providing the HD and I will keep paying my bill! :)

Viva la VOOM

This service must be kept alive. It is by far the best picture available. It represents the very highest quality in picture and programming. It may be ahead of its time because one day people won't believe we used to watch SD television. Good luck VOOM I've added more rooms this month as a small token of support. Maye if everybody does the same it will evoke more enthusiasm for the venture

I had my Voom hooked up yesterday and I want to express how happy I am. HD is breathtaking on my new plasma screen. Your programming channels for example, Equator are not just wonderful to watch and hear but so educational as well. You have changed part of my life. I promise to spread the word of VOOM and truly hope VOOM is here to stay. ( I am cancelling my Dishnet service today)

Michael Dionne
Daytona Beach

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)