The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey White, new here. DTV has no clue about the new reverse band LNB. Do I need it now, is it difficult to install, and which one to order here from Sattelite Guys. This is the only place to get correct DTV info.
Thanks,
Carter
Oh, I have HR 54, 2 C 61s, 4K LG OLED TV, 4K Sony 43 inch TV and Yamaha 3050 AV reciever with HDCP 2.2, and HDMI 2.0a.

1) DIRECTV CS has no clue?

Yep, a shame I know for such ignorance about their own products. Though hardly suprising.

2) Do you need it now?

No, at least not for a few more months probably. But unless the DIRECTV techs in your DMA aren't stocking it yet, you might as well request one now and get it out of the way as you are entitled to it as a 4K subscriber.

3) Is it difficult to install?

No not really. Particularly if your dish is easily accessible and you have one of the newer quick release LNB mount types. Just make sure all the azimuth and elevation bolts of the dish mount are tight first before you start so as not to accidentally move the dish while replacing the LNB. And then rerun the satellite setup on the HR54 afterwards.

You can likely find the Reverse Band capable LNB on ebay if you go with self-installation. Search for the model number 3D2RBLNBR0-01.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Got a question for you guys that are installing these ...
With the SWM stuff, its automatically detected when doing a Sat Set Up , because of this, does the RB LNB also detect upon set up ?

Yes but you still need to go completely through satellite setup, particularly if you are replacing a 5LNB...

1) DIRECTV CS has no clue?

Yep, a shame I know for such ignorance about their own products. Though hardly suprising.

2) Do you need it now?

No, at least not for a few more months probably. But unless the DIRECTV techs in your DMA aren't stocking it yet, you might as well request one now and get it out of the way as you are entitled to it as a 4K subscriber.

3) Is it difficult to install?

No not really. Particularly if your dish is easily accessible and you have one of the newer quick release LNB mount types. Just make sure all the azimuth and elevation bolts of the dish mount are tight first before you start so as not to accidentally move the dish while replacing the LNB. And then rerun the satellite setup on the HR54 afterwards.

You can likely find the Reverse Band capable LNB on ebay if you go with self-installation. Search for the model number 3D2RBLNBR0-01.

Thanks very much HoTat.
Solid Signal has it for 99.99 now and I might go that route. However, The install for the new LNB might be free for a 4K DTV subscriber like me. Having said that, they charged me 210.00 for 2 C61s. Thanks for your install suggestions, my dish is pole mounted on the ground, so easy access for me. The tech who installed my HR 54 said he knew about the new LNBs, but he didn't have one on the truck when he was here. He sad they were being rolled out nationally starting with markets like Houston. Probably going to wait until the dust settles and if DTV at some point says it's time to install the LNB I'll do that. Just don't want to pay them if I am already a 4K subscriber. I'll call Solid Signal Monday (they are closed today) to see what they say.
Thanks again for your help.
Carter
Just checked my LNB. It is the quick release kind so it should be super easy and quick to install. What is involved in the complete Satellite setup when I replace my LNB?

Last edited:
So do you have to choose the correct LNB setting, or is that automatic ?

My HR54 and HR21 both detected the correct LNB when I installed the reverse band LNB, but as texasbrit said you have to continue all the way through the satellite setup to see the (cr) transponders.

I just had a 5D2RB installed by a tech today. They had just received one at their wearhouse and the tech was able to add it to the work order and do the install. Therefore, they must be slowly making there way out, especially if they can reach a smaller market where I live. Luckily I had a great tech who was willing to got the extra step to do this without needing to call in and request it.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitewolf8214
I just had a 5D2RD installed by a tech today. They had just received one at their wearhouse and the tech was able to add it to the work order and do the install. Therefore, they must be slowly making there way out, especially if they can reach a smaller market where I live. Luckily I had a great tech who was willing to got the extra step to do this without needing to call in and request it.
where are you ...

Wow great ...

Wish you could post some photos and signal levels ...

Been after this LNBF for the longest. Guess I'll start watching ebay closely now since I don't have nor want 4K right now, so can't ask DIRECTV for it.

Want to ditch the SWiM-16, but need 119W.

Thanks for updates on them installing them now and if you post pics signal strength thank and would appreciate it

I just had a 5D2RB installed by a tech today. They had just received one at their wearhouse and the tech was able to add it to the work order and do the install. Therefore, they must be slowly making there way out, especially if they can reach a smaller market where I live. Luckily I had a great tech who was willing to got the extra step to do this without needing to call in and request it.
What is the complete part number?

Ok, hopefully this is what you guys are looking for.

Install was completed on an existing Slimline 5 connected to a SWiM 16 switch via 4 coax. We are now down to 1 coax and a 1x8 splitter with a power inserter.
Equipment includes:
HR54-500
C61K-700
HR24-500
H25
H24

Satellite setup needed to be run on all receivers. Here are some pics for you all. If you want to know anything else, just ask and I'll do my best to get you an answer.

Attachments

• IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 370
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)