Transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
I finaly installed the actuator on my wsi 6' dish.
trying to coordinat it with v-box noticed that on west of my south due satellites, H transponders are ~10 clicks to the west than V transponders.
Rescanned 97wKu from on position of the dish and didn't find any H transponders. Had to move the dish to the west to find H trans & got ~67%q.
Is that normal ?

moving the dish when you find one tp ( H) doesn't sound right , 10 clicks might actually put you on the next satellite.
check lnbf for correct skew and ensure its properly centered

97w specifically,(12151/7000 & all other H transponders), i have to move the dish to the west.
I thought that may be picking up H transponders from 101w, but a rescan on that position turn out all channels from 97w.
This does not happen on c band or with the sats @ east of my due south sat, so i believe is nothing wrong wth the lnb.
e.g.: on 30w i get all transponders from the same position of the dish.

That sounds like under-optimized dish. Tweaking the aim and tracking on a smaller dish can be frustrating. Remember, a smaller dish 'sees' more of the sky, so to speak, so more precise aiming is needed to squeeze out all the signal you can get. And, some c-band small dishes may not be that great on ku-it requires a more precise shape than c-band signals. I had a 5' c-band I worried with for 6months, trying to get ku on it, when I got my first old primestar dish, it was amazing how much stronger the ku was on that one! I ditched the 5' dish, since 2degree spacing came it was mostly just a toy anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts