Transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
I finaly installed the actuator on my wsi 6' dish.
trying to coordinat it with v-box noticed that on west of my south due satellites, H transponders are ~10 clicks to the west than V transponders.
Rescanned 97wKu from on position of the dish and didn't find any H transponders. Had to move the dish to the west to find H trans & got ~67%q.
Is that normal ?

moving the dish when you find one tp ( H) doesn't sound right , 10 clicks might actually put you on the next satellite.
check lnbf for correct skew and ensure its properly centered

97w specifically,(12151/7000 & all other H transponders), i have to move the dish to the west.
I thought that may be picking up H transponders from 101w, but a rescan on that position turn out all channels from 97w.
This does not happen on c band or with the sats @ east of my due south sat, so i believe is nothing wrong wth the lnb.
e.g.: on 30w i get all transponders from the same position of the dish.

That sounds like under-optimized dish. Tweaking the aim and tracking on a smaller dish can be frustrating. Remember, a smaller dish 'sees' more of the sky, so to speak, so more precise aiming is needed to squeeze out all the signal you can get. And, some c-band small dishes may not be that great on ku-it requires a more precise shape than c-band signals. I had a 5' c-band I worried with for 6months, trying to get ku on it, when I got my first old primestar dish, it was amazing how much stronger the ku was on that one! I ditched the 5' dish, since 2degree spacing came it was mostly just a toy anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts