Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today VOOM will officially launch its service!

SatelliteGuys.US has been invited to attend the VOOM launch press confrence in New York City!

Our own motjes2 will be bringing you all the news!

Check back later today / tonight for our full coverage of todays VOOM launch!

I can't wait to hear all the information. I'm heading to Sears right now to see how it looks.

VOOM

Sears here in Bay City Michigan still isn't online yet and either is the VOOM website and it is after the noon hour here. Not impressed at all so far with them

I had already verified it was up an running before I left :)

I stopped at Sears over lunch. It was pretty much what I expected. Quality was ok, not great not terrible. It was hard to get a good impression. They had a Dish Network feed of Discovery HD right next to the TV where Voom was. Sometimes Dish was better, sometimes Voom was better. (I couldn't get Discovery HD on Voom, so I was looking at different stations.) Bad news was that the receiver locked up twice on me, and we had to turn it off. They also still didn't have all the channels working. A lot of them were showing the same thing (Voom overview). I also only had about 15 minutes to play around, and the TV with Voom on it had some nasty reflections. I'll have to see how it looks on my FP setup at home next week.

Not what I was hoping for, but still not enough to make me want to cancel my installation next week.

PS: as expected the Sears employee new very little.

I just got home and will be writing my review soon. I will post some pictures as well. So stay tuned... Lots of information coming... Streaming video??

Sean if you got video we can stream it. :)

Let me know if you need help with anything, we are all looking forward to your review!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts