VOOM PVR/DVR Release Soon... Echostar/Rainbow information coming soon as well (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarrellP said:
It is true, some day I will die, believe it or not, I think it will happen. This is straight from Rumor Central, believe it if you will, I have no credible source for this information. Stay tuned for further developments..... Please make me a sticky.

You know something sometimes we just don't pay attention to details.

1 - new software was released primarily to do PPV and to encript security with DVR software.

2 - Staff here who have different contacts through the satellite industry are in the "know" that something is going on between Echostar and VOOm but no one can exactly say what it is.

3 - VOOM was about to put a press release regarding their new look of HD Cinema channels and the KungFu channel. No press release but everyone is told to keep silence because of the spin-off.

4 - Echostar/VOOM both travel to France to see how MVDSS can be used.

5 - Lastly, there are few other things that have been revealed but cannot be posted about the DVR.

I guess this is good enough reason to stick the thread. :)

So yes we know there's something going on but we need to wait to see how thing are going to end up. I guess I take offense when someone is trying to mock me for doing something that I though it was worth to have. That's why I thanked 1080i for the information.

Sean Mota said:
You know something sometimes we just don't pay attention to details.

1 - new software was released primarily to do PPV and to encript security with DVR software.

2 - Staff here who have different contacts through the satellite industry are in the "know" that something is going on between Echostar and VOOm but no one can exactly say what it is.

3 - VOOM was about to put a press release regarding their new look of HD Cinema channels and the KungFu channel. No press release but everyone is told to keep silence because of the spin-off.

4 - Echostar/VOOM both travel to France to see how MVDSS can be used.

5 - Lastly, there are few other things that have been revealed but cannot be posted about the DVR.

I guess this is good enough reason to stick the thread. :)

So yes we know there's something going on but we need to wait to see how thing are going to end up. I guess I take offense when someone is trying to mock me for doing something that I though it was worth to have. That's why I thanked 1080i for the information.

Hey Sean you don't have to prove nothing. Its to bad you had to post and defend your self. When you first posted i am sure alot of us knew to read between the lines. I guess we have forgotten how much Sean loves this hobby and how much help he has given us!! Once again thank you for all you have done!!

Ditto
Sean has help us all numerous times and it is obvious that he is using an "Invisible hand" to point out what is happening.

My question is.
Are the discussions with E* speeding up or slowing down the DVR?

We don't know if its true or not. We just have a bunch of pieces of a puzzle, and we are not sure how it all goes together, but the way we have started assembling it appears the most logical solution for the puzzle. :)

barth2k said:
this is one of those things where if you keep predicting it, it'll happen, like earthquake in CA or hurricane in FL :)

not if the DVR releases Nov '04 as 1080i "predicted" via "rumors"... A lot of the "insider" info here that has been posted has ended up happening, maybe not on the day we were originally told (New HD Cinema Look) but for reasons we may not fully comprehend (spin off) Voom's holding off, and planning on shifting into high gear at the right time, selling HD content and space (Echostar) when the time is right. To all those that gave Sean Moto and 1080i are hard time, well you can kindly suck on their salty (DVRs).

my ? is -was voomed designed for failure from the git go?with al the trauma and wacked out problems on every end of the spectrum voom has encountered, it seems kinda fishy to me.waht if this is a conspiracy that was drummed up along time ago.i dunno much about how big money walks, but something in my gut tells me thaT THIS WAS all planned out. :confused:
on a side note- sean moto and 1080i started out on the wrong foot. for sean to make 1080i statement a sticky leads me to believe 1080i told sean who he is and is credible, just a theory.aol teenage chat room was a good one 1080i hahahha.

Here are some points to think/comment about:

1. Software update 7.0B was supposed to be for the purpose of enabling PPV, etc. It was begun on 10/6, but was stopped because of customer complaints. There has been no activity in the installation thread since 10/16. What happened here?

2. PVR/DVR release information has been posted numerous times, with speculated times on when it would be available. Although nobody has a specific date, the predictions I remember were 'summer 2004' and "October 2004" as well as "November 2004". A lot of customers seem to want this, and it is a hot topic. It becomes hotter the closer we get to an actual release, so people want to know when it will be ready.

3. New satellite, WM9, elliptical dish plans have been talked about before, but there is no updated information. Again, the elliptical dish was supposed to be a free upgrade to all customers, with a speculated date in October. The new satellite was supposed to be online in early October. What's going on with these?

4. Rumors regarding Voom and Echostar. Something is up, and SOMEBODY knows what is going on. We get hints, and the "I know, but I can't tell" type of posts. The rumors are interesting, but I think people want to know facts about what is going on. The Voom/Echostar stuff seems to be only on the Voom forum, and I couldn't find any similar posts on the Dish forum.

5. Who has inside information, who is "in the know", and how do the rest of us know who/what to believe? The moderators have to play by a certain set of rules, and I find their posts to be "good as gold" in most cases. To me, they are the most credible source of information on the forum, and if you hang out on the forum long enough, you feel like you actually know them. So if a mod makes the thread a sticky, there is a good reason. In this particular case, Sean Mota has explained that 1080i has credible information, and the thread is stickied because it will be popular and will generate discussion. So let's discuss with mutual respect and without resorting to tell people to shut up or to go suck something.

The Stone Man said:
The Voom/Echostar stuff seems to be only on the Voom forum, and I couldn't find any similar posts on the Dish forum.
It's there, but the thread appears to be running out of steam. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=31500
The Stone Man said:
To me, they are the most credible source of information on the forum, and if you hang out on the forum long enough, you feel like you actually know them.
Off-topic: My wife cares little about VOOM, or TV for that matter, but when I'm on the computer she always asks, "Are you on with that Sean Mota and the VOOM people again?" Anyway, she has requested that Mr. Mota bring back his old Avitar.

Alright, since February we've been hearing the same thing. Soon. That is a great word, it can mean anything. So for those of you out there that are the "insiders" let's talk percentages. I know you guys can't release any specific info but just amuse us with the answer to these questions...

% chance Voom DVR will be released in the next 30 days.

% chance Voom will have a Pay Per View Service in the next 30 days.

% chance of a Voom/Dish merger this year.

% chance we get KungFu HD in the next 30 days.

and finally...

% chance Voom releases nothing until 2005.

My biggest question is what happens if they do "merge"/ start a peartnership? I really want the voom dvr and not the crap 921/other dish receivers..... Say what you want about vooms bad receviers but theyre still better than what E* offers. Should be interesting to see what happens though.

jagouar said:
My biggest question is what happens if they do "merge"/ start a peartnership? I really want the voom dvr and not the crap 921/other dish receivers..... Say what you want about vooms bad receviers but theyre still better than what E* offers. Should be interesting to see what happens though.
I haven't had any problems with my single VOOM receiver...until the release of 70b. Just out of curiosity, what are the differences between V*'s and E*'s signal format and encryption. Is it possible to receive E* programming with the addition of an add-on module and/or crypto card?

If it happens, I wonder what E* will do with the HD Pack? I'd love to pick up the Voom exclusives added to the Dish HD Pack and still pay $9.95/month. In January when the price goes up, Voom will be way overpriced, they need to create a tiered structure for those of us who don't want every channel under the sun.

Whoever has more info on the DISH/CVC (VOOM) deal please contact me soon because i work for a ocmpany that covers the stock market and this info is going to hit sooner rather then later and we would like to be able to confirm/deny this rumor gets into the markets.

riffjim4069 said:
I haven't had any problems with my single VOOM receiver...until the release of 70b. Just out of curiosity, what are the differences between V*'s and E*'s signal format and encryption. Is it possible to receive E* programming with the addition of an add-on module and/or crypto card?
The biggest incompatibility issue would be that the V* STB is upgradable to H.264/WM9 but E* STB is not.

Actually Dish is working on MPEG 4 support. I have heard some backround of it and it sounds promising, WMP9 can also be added depending on licensing.

If you havent noticed we havent been upgraded yet by VOOM, do you think there is a reason? (Just more things to make you go hmmm) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts