Voomers vs Non-Voomers "Have at it"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

barryb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
I am a voom subscriber and try to keep up with information on my service. I have noticed that almost every thread turns into a battle between voomers and non-voomers. This is very frustrating when you click on a thread to see new info on the subject of the thread and all the post seem to have turn into this conflict. I though I would create a no holds barred thread to battle it out! Those interested please "have at it". Maybe then when I check a thread on a subject that I want to find out info, there will actually be posts concerning the subject.
Thanks,
Barry

Well said barryb. It really gets ugly sometimes and I really don't care to see all the personal attacks. Just let me know the news about VOOM and what I can do to help make VOOM better such as channel feedback, PQ, FCC comments, etc.

Barry,
My advise to you is to start using "Add to ignore list" option and add the FEW TROLLS/BASHERS that we have around here. I've been using it a lot lately and my SatGuys exeprience is so much better.

All those infidels who don't worship the god VOOM, and his prophet C. Dolan, are condemned to Purgatory (this thread).

Any heresy of doubt in the viablity of VOOM, or the saintliness of his prophet, is not allowed to be shown to the faithful mass of VOOM parishioners. They could be tempted and succumb to the evils of cable/E*/D*.

I believe that the trolls here are from a few camps:
1) Those who had a bad installation experience (including no-show), and wish to take it out on Voom.
2) Those who had Voom early on, and paid $749 for equipment/installation, and didn't stick it out until Voom worked out the bugs and improved the programming. Now that Voom programming has improved and most of the major bugs are fixed, they are pissed and jealous. Their pride won't let them sign back up.
3) Those who couldn't get all of their OTA channels after signing up for Voom, and they feel that voom is at fault for this.
4) Those who simply don't know what they are missing, so they bash Voom to rationalize their choice for a different provider.

And, in my opinion, probably the two most common reasons-

5) Directv/Dishnetwork dealers and installers, who see this forum as an opportunity to bash the competition in the hopes that it will help their business somehow. They will slip in links to their sites or plugs for their products and services whenever they can get away with it.
6) Employees from Directv/Dishnetwork themselves. As small as Voom is, they may see Voom as a future threat to their company or their livelihood. If Voom makes their product look bad, and Voom stays around long enough, Voom will grow. If they can deter some people from trying voom, then they are doing their part in helping their own company, and helping Voom fail. As long as Voom is around, it puts pressure on their companies to improve, which costs money.

just my 2¢.

-k

mdonnelly said:
All those infidels who don't worship the god VOOM, and his prophet C. Dolan, are condemned to Purgatory (this thread).

Any heresy of doubt in the viablity of VOOM, or the saintliness of his prophet, is not allowed to be shown to the faithful mass of VOOM parishioners. They could be tempted and succumb to the evils of cable/E*/D*.

Look my first use of ignore. What trollboi doesn't understand is that these are Voom forums... But most trolls are a little slow.

barryb said:
I am a voom subscriber and try to keep up with information on my service. I have noticed that almost every thread turns into a battle between voomers and non-voomers. This is very frustrating when you click on a thread to see new info on the subject of the thread and all the post seem to have turn into this conflict. I though I would create a no holds barred thread to battle it out! Those interested please "have at it". Maybe then when I check a thread on a subject that I want to find out info, there will actually be posts concerning the subject.
Thanks,
Barry
Congratulations. I see the thread is working out better for you here than it did here:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=525850 :D Not exactly sure how this is either Voom News or a Development, but I hope this works out for ya. Really. But I wouldn't bet on it. :no

TheTimm,
I quess I posted in the "news and development" forum because this is the forum I check most often for news and where if there is a thread for this battle maybe the other threads will stay on subject better.
Barry

Walter L. said:
Barry,
My advise to you is to start using "Add to ignore list" option and add the FEW TROLLS/BASHERS that we have around here. I've been using it a lot lately and my SatGuys exeprience is so much better.

Well said.

I agree with Klen, but you left out one "camp"

klen said:
I believe that the trolls here are from a few camps:
1) Those who had a bad installation experience (including no-show), and wish to take it out on Voom.
2) Those who had Voom early on, and paid $749 for equipment/installation, and didn't stick it out until Voom worked out the bugs and improved the programming. Now that Voom programming has improved and most of the major bugs are fixed, they are pissed and jealous. Their pride won't let them sign back up.
3) Those who couldn't get all of their OTA channels after signing up for Voom, and they feel that voom is at fault for this.
4) Those who simply don't know what they are missing, so they bash Voom to rationalize their choice for a different provider.

And, in my opinion, probably the two most common reasons-

5) Directv/Dishnetwork dealers and installers, who see this forum as an opportunity to bash the competition in the hopes that it will help their business somehow. They will slip in links to their sites or plugs for their products and services whenever they can get away with it.
6) Employees from Directv/Dishnetwork themselves. As small as Voom is, they may see Voom as a future threat to their company or their livelihood. If Voom makes their product look bad, and Voom stays around long enough, Voom will grow. If they can deter some people from trying voom, then they are doing their part in helping their own company, and helping Voom fail. As long as Voom is around, it puts pressure on their companies to improve, which costs money.

just my 2¢.

-k

CAMP A$$HOLE

salsadancer7 said:
Not NOW Dragon....but they will.....

if you think that,,,,fine.

beta max, the tucker, the edsel, laser disc, primestar, de lorean, democrats , waco and jim jones. wait i see a pattern :shocked

dragon

ps, forgot, liberals!

Liberals?

Sorry, pal. Liberals are here to stay.

Voom may be around now, but it ain't gonna last. Ergen ain't givin' back that satellite. So enjoy sorry a** Voom while you can.

i think voom will be a programming provider

i think the sat is lost to ergen, for good

i think ergen will buy the sat or voom , not cvc will pay the "parting fee" i really think that is the sticking point.

dolan is only worth 1.8 bil, and 99% is cvc stock.

so im going to investors and saying, i need 400mil and ill pledge stock in cvc , to take this part of cvc private, but the assets are going with voom and wont be a part of cvc anymore. dont you guys see this, dolan is cvc and voom.

ps before i get flamed , with out cvc dolan is broke. rupert is worth at least 7.9 bil and chuckles is worth 7.5 bil. you dont think they could ruin him in a DEAL? get real

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts