without signal on RTV on AMC 9 Ku @ 83 W (RTV, TUFF, PBJ)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Today I have also maybe the best signal in the last week, but still bouncing between 32-45 (normally I would get a steady 50-51 on my 3 footer), I can only conclude this is still not normal, also considering I´m getting other tps with a strong and steady 71 in the same sat.

yeah zero signal again tonight, what gives?!
This am was marginal signal, 28-37 only, usually 40-55.
I emailed Luken Comm. yesterday bit not really expecting a worthwhile reply.

yeah zero signal again tonight, what gives?!
This am was marginal signal, 28-37 only, usually 40-55.
I emailed Luken Comm. yesterday bit not really expecting a worthwhile reply.

Not sure if that is the best idea.... They often know we are watching, but it is not a great idea to contact broadcasters directly when experiencing issues with receiving their service.

Maybe PM Trip instead?

Oh yeah you could have a point Brian. Well won't make any more noise with them anyways.
Also, I just discovered I was able to pull in the 3 Luken Chs. by scanning at 84W (a c-band sat I believe).
Not super strong but picture locked in. Maybe my issue is actually that one of the recent storms blew my dish a couple degrees west?

I'm at a solid 30 and have yet to lose a picture or have any freezing during the past week or so.

Are you guys with low quality numbers having viewing issues? As long as my receiver indicates at least 3, I have perfect picture and sound...no difference between 3 and 100.
If you can still view the channels, why get your panties in a bunch over quality level? If you're dropping and freezing while others are watching without issues, maybe it's time to start tweaking or get a better receiver instead of emailing Luken and possibly ruining something awesome for the rest of us.

Wasn't it about a year ago that complaints about their reduced picture quality didn't go over too well!

We need to remember none of these signals are intended for us. I doubt the tv stations are using the ku signal anyway..most likely they use the cband signals. So the fact that we even get the ku signal, we should count ourselves lucky.

My problem is that with the bouncing signal I get a freezing screen, in other sats I´ve noted that usually a 10 or more is very watchable without freezing, but not the case with me here. In my case the dish is tightly fixed, and I´m getting other tps same sat strong.

on the openbox quality is up to the low 60's,which is viewable on a clear day but not as good as the old days of 70-73%

It would be nice if someone comment on a post like this, what size of dish thy are using and what receiver they are using.
Maybe there is a pattern and we can find a solution for a problem like that.
Since some members saying that they have lower signals but they still can watch TV.

Right now signal bouncing 21-37 with freezing, the other tp coming in with a steady 70. 3 footer with Spitfire elite lnb.

Well, shoot...this is just proof I need me a bigger dish...

What do you think folks, will a 1.2 meter dish pull that puppy in using a CS5000 here in casper?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts