2013 AL Central

Twins rookie CF Hicks may have started to come into his own tonight. Two HRs and an HR robbing catch.

Do you HAVE to hit HR's to considered ?

I prefer the HR removing catches :D

Home runs aren't necessary, but hits are. He started terribly at the plate and has only just started to settle in. The defense is there and you are right, that's primary for me in a CF, but you can't be an MLB CF and hit a buck and a quarter.

Anyone been to any game this year? Me? I've been to two minor league games (and have tickets to four more games) but it doesn't look like I'll be attending any big league games until August, at earliest. Until last year, I used to get a ton of Nationals tickets. My company bought 100 season tickets behind 3rd base and it wasn't difficult to get a pair against the low-profile teams. Nowadays they are a hot commodity. Additionally, I don't plan on driving/flying into Michigan anytime soon due to my recent knee replacement. I have a US-Canada family reunion that's scheduled during mid-August in Livonia, MI...so perhaps I'll go for a week and attend a game at Comerica Park if I'm feeling up to it.

Anyone been to any game this year? Me? I've been to two minor league games (and have tickets to four more games) but it doesn't look like I'll be attending any big league games until August, at earliest. Until last year, I used to get a ton of Nationals tickets. My company bought 100 season tickets behind 3rd base and it wasn't difficult to get a pair against the low-profile teams. Nowadays they are a hot commodity. Additionally, I don't plan on driving/flying into Michigan anytime soon due to my recent knee replacement. I have a US-Canada family reunion that's scheduled during mid-August in Livonia, MI...so perhaps I'll go for a week and attend a game at Comerica Park if I'm feeling up to it.

Not me. By this time last year I had already been to 4 or 5 games including opening day. This year between buying my first house last month and all the family and friends' weddings I have been short on time and money. I plan to get to one soon but all my free weekends and money have been put towards fixing up things around the house.

Not yet, but my son has been asking so I got to see the schedule and see what will work

Tigers win 6-2 over the Astros as Fister improves his record to 5-1. It looks like we have an afternoon game tomorrow (1:00 PM) with Scherzer trying to 6-0. We are still in need of solid middle-relief and a shut-the-door closer. Also, nice to see Cabrera hit #8 this evening. :)

Don't you wish we could play Houston every game?
Riff, I think Smyly could handle long relief pretty well. Closer? Valverde wasn't wasn't shutdown enough for you last night? He isn't going to go 54 for 54 again. Nobody will, but he's brought some stability for the moment. Let's watch for a little longer.

Don't you wish we could play Houston every game?

It's nice for a few games, but there's not much sport in beating up a professional victim.

Riff, I think Smyly could handle long relief pretty well.
I think Smyly is doing a decent job but the bullpen, as a whole, has not performed very well. We need 2-3 pitchers who can come in and give us 3 or 4 reliable innings. Coke? Coke can pitch well at times, but he can just as easily come in and give up 3 or 4 runs and serve up meatballs.

Closer? Valverde wasn't wasn't shutdown enough for you last night? He isn't going to go 54 for 54 again. Nobody will, but he's brought some stability for the moment. Let's watch for a little longer.

The problem with Valverde is that he only has one (1) pitch. He really needs to develop an offspeed pitch or curve ball. Plus, even when he saved all those games 2-years ago, the other teams hit the ball hard and he was always pitching out of a jam...not a lot of 1-2-3 innings, as I recall. It's one things to shutdown the Astros, quite another to come in with men on base against a top team and save the game. We shall see.

We're going to have the solve some the bullpen problems if we're going to win a World Series this year. Go Tigers!

That's funny...I thought he was being platooned out in LF along with Tuiassosopop, Garcia and Kelly? I suppose somebody has to be assigned the staring position.

I don't think they are actually platooning them, I don't see Toui in there as much as Id like ... then again, Garcia is up there again. :)

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Well, our bullpen has done it to us again giving up 2-runs in the 9th. Heck, we may as well hire Brad Penny and place him in the bullpen at this rate. Hopefully we can come up with 2 or more runs in the bottom of the 9th.

Elsewhere, the Indians are beating the Phillies handily in Philadelphia.

Quick question: What is the penalty for having too many players on the field? A short while ago the Indians had four (4) players in the outfield during the change-at-bat before somebody noticed the mistake. What if the ball had been put into play prior to them yanking a player off the field? Do they forfeit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts