2013 AL Central

Playing down to the competition. Famously for this team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I find it really hard to be so negative with a team that has been in first place the majority of the season and just came off a 12 game win streak with the best player on the planet. They are going to lose some games. That's just how it is in professional sports. Even the worst teams have enough talent to beat the best teams sometimes and this one isn't over yet.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

All of that being said they play down to teams levels a lot. Not being negative just hate watching when they do it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

I find it really hard to be so negative with a team that has been in first place the majority of the season and just came off a 12 game win streak with the best player on the planet. They are going to lose some games. That's just how it is in professional sports. Even the worst teams have enough talent to beat the best teams sometimes and this one isn't over yet.

After the 12 game win streak, they proceeded to lose 4 or 5.

After the 12 game win streak, they proceeded to lose 4 or 5.

Sure. There are ups and downs in every season. My point is that they are doing just fine. They are going to lose some games to teams that aren't as good as them. No way around that. I'll give them a pass on an occasional bad performance when they have the best record in the AL. It's a long season if you get to up or down based on any given game. The fact that they have the best record in the AL tells me they are doing things right.

Sure. There are ups and downs in every season. My point is that they are doing just fine. They are going to lose some games to teams that aren't as good as them. No way around that. I'll give them a pass on an occasional bad performance when they have the best record in the AL. It's a long season if you get to up or down based on any given game. The fact that they have the best record in the AL tells me they are doing things right.

Wins and losses are one thing, I actually look to see HOW they played that game, there are games that they win and play great, also nights they win and play lousy.
After thier 12 game win streak they immediately started playing lousy ...
I would have hoped they lost the 13th game and then pick it back up and start another winning streak, but they didn't go that, they played BAD ball for the next week.

Two things...1) I sure wish the team would play better when I'm at the games - something like a .250 record when I'm in town the past three years. 2) Four quality pitchers and one stinker in the lineup, and I always seems to roll into town when the weakest link (i.e., Porcello throwing tonight followed by Coke and Al in relief) is pitching. In fact, of the three games I attended back in 2011 Porcello started one and Brad "Melon Head" Penny pitched the other two. Finally, I couldn't believe Casey Cabrera struck out to end the game this evening. Go Tigers!

Two things...1) I sure wish the team would play better when I'm at the games - something like a .250 record when I'm in town the past three years. 2) Four quality pitchers and one stinker in the lineup, and I always seems to roll into town when the weakest link (i.e., Porcello throwing tonight followed by Coke and Al in relief) is pitching. In fact, of the three games I attended back in 2011 Porcello started one and Brad "Melon Head" Penny pitched the other two. Finally, I couldn't believe Casey Cabrera struck out to end the game this evening. Go Tigers!

Incase you haven't heard yet, Phil Coke was sent down last night to Toledo and Jose Alveras is coming back this way.

More importantly, Miggy injured something last night in the last at bat, they haven't said if it's the existing injury or a new one yet.

Incase you haven't heard yet, Phil Coke was sent down last night to Toledo and Jose Alveras is coming back this way.

More importantly, Miggy injured something last night in the last at bat, they haven't said if it's the existing injury or a new one yet.

I heard about Phil "Don't Call me Brad Penny" Coke being demoted this morning by my physical therapist. Thank goodness I decided to find a therapist while up here because I have been walking 4-miles a day (two for exercise and another two just sightseeing) and the trip was much more enjoyable with the legs working. I didn't hear about Miggy aggravating his injuries, but he didn't appear to be "gripping and ripping" the bat last night.

I heard about Phil "Don't Call me Brad Penny" Coke being demoted this morning by my physical therapist. Thank goodness I decided to find a therapist while up here because I have been walking 4-miles a day (two for exercise and another two just sightseeing) and the trip was much more enjoyable with the legs working. I didn't hear about Miggy aggravating his injuries, but he didn't appear to be "gripping and ripping" the bat last night.

As it turns out, Miggy's feeling well tonight and playing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts