AL CENTRAL

I know baseball's a long season, but how you start your season can play a big role in your team's fortunes.

2007- HD, your Indians thumped the White Sox 12-5 on Opening Day, including Grady Sizemore hitting a homer ON THE FIRST PITCH OF THEIR SEASON! That should have been an omen of the greatness that team would achieve.

2008- Detroit took the Royals too lightly, and it cost them dearly. Slow starts can be what derails a team.

And they beat KC in '06 on opening day, but LOST on OD in Detroit that year..
Opening Day win or lose means NOTHING for the outcome of the year....
Yes you would like to win OD and continue to win, if you can ..... doesn't EVERYONE want to win ?

Ah.... nothing sounds more like Spring than hearing the comforting voices of Tom Hamilton and Mike Hegan! Spring Baseball is finally here! Oh, thank you sweet baby Jesus!!!

Oh KCK, you would be proud of your beloved Mark DeRosa. With 2 runners on, Mark belted the first home run ever in Goodyear Park. On base, Carlos Santana and Grady Sizemore. The more I think of it, I'm going to love watching Grady and Mark bat, back-to-back in the lineup this year!

Go Tribe!

Oh KCK, you would be proud of your beloved Mark DeRosa. With 2 runners on, Mark belted the first home run ever in Goodyear Park. On base, Carlos Santana and Grady Sizemore. The more I think of it, I'm going to love watching Grady and Mark bat, back-to-back in the lineup this year!

Go Tribe!

THAT'S MY BOY DeRO!!!!! :up:up:up Nothing like saying "hello" right off the bat...no pun intended. I can't WAIT to watch the game when I get home tonight.

On base, Carlos Santana and Grady Sizemore.

You mean this guy?:D

CarlosSantana-L1.jpg

I must say that after "listening" to the game from Goodyear Park yesterday, it seems like the ball is cutting fiercely through that thin desert air. 6 home runs by both teams yesterday!

I must say that after "listening" to the game from Goodyear Park yesterday, it seems like the ball is cutting fiercely through that thin desert air. 6 home runs by both teams yesterday!

I would not look at the HR's that way .....
It's the first day of ST and starters are only playing a few innings, as well as pitchers, kids trying to make a name for themselves as well as the team.

Scores in ST are always high as well as the first part of the regular season in a lot of cases.

Jimbo

I would not look at the HR's that way .....
It's the first day of ST and starters are only playing a few innings, as well as pitchers, kids trying to make a name for themselves as well as the team.

Scores in ST are always high as well as the first part of the regular season in a lot of cases.

Jimbo

I agree. The offensive numbers will be overrated and the pitching numbers will be underrated in Spring Ball.

I don't look too much into the outcome of the games either. For the most part, the majority of the starting spots are filled. It's the positions that aren't filled yet that are given attention. For this reason, you'll see more time given to minor league players, while the regulars don't play as much.

It's hard to gauge a team by looking at Spring Training Ball. It's more of a tool for the managers to finalize their rosters.

Sparky use to use the last week of ST to play all his starters a full game, till then he would insert minors to get them playing time.
Occasionally they will find a diamond in the rough in the spring.

Don't forget guy's, if you can't get your teams games on TV or MLB or the local radio, (many Tiger games in Spring are not aired) you CAN get them on XM/ Sirius.
Maybe not your home feed, but thats a 50/50 proposition.
Wish XM would offer both teams feed.

Jimbo

Nice start. 5-4 over the Braves. (Not that it means anything....) More importantly, none of our pitchers hurt their arms. If we can get through March without any arm injuries, it could be our division to win in September.

GO TIGERS!!!

Don't forget guy's, if you can't get your teams games on TV or MLB or the local radio, (many Tiger games in Spring are not aired) you CAN get them on XM/ Sirius.
Maybe not your home feed, but thats a 50/50 proposition.
Wish XM would offer both teams feed.

Jimbo

Jimbo, I take it you have to be subscribed to the Best of XM package if you have Sirius?

I currently subscribe to Sirius, but thought the MLB package was exclusive to XM? Of course now that they merged, I have the ability to get it, but I think I still have to subscribe to the "best of XM" package for an additional fee.

Jimbo, I take it you have to be subscribed to the Best of XM package if you have Sirius?

I currently subscribe to Sirius, but thought the MLB package was exclusive to XM? Of course now that they merged, I have the ability to get it, but I think I still have to subscribe to the "best of XM" package for an additional fee.

Yes, HD,
You have to sub to it.
It's like $ 4 p/m for the best of.
I have XM and got the BO Sirius so I could get NASCAR and the NFL.
I never really looked to see what they included in the BO XM, but MLB would be a good start.

Jimbo

Tiger's lose to the Nationals 2-1. (Not that it means anything...) The bright spot again is the pitching.

Tigers have this weird situation and it's happened the last few years as well.
They have a very potent offense, but on certain days they look like they have never seen a baseball.

Today was one of them ... 2 hits, 1 apiece for of all people, 1 for Clete Thomas and 1 for Adam Everett.

They will do this probably 5 times a year where they can't hit the opposing pitcher AT ALL.

Jimbo

The ball continues to fly through the thin desert air in Goodyear Park....

15-9. Diamondbacks over the Tribe.

A worthy note to be mentioned was that Matt LaPorta (#1 prospect from the Brewers in part of the Sabathia trade), looked good today. 2 for 3 with a homer. If he continues to progress at this rate, he will be able to crack the major league lineup sometime this year.

STO also got newly acquired Mark DeRosa aside to ask him a few questions. As expected, he answered all of the questions the right way. A team player in every sense. The first impression I'm getting from this guy is quite impressive. He should serve as a very nice replacement for Casey Blake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)