AL CENTRAL

Dang Twins 4-0 in spring training

It was nice to drive around doing errands listening to the Twins game....and then realizing that there is a fresh 8+ inches of snow on the ground from Thursday :mad:

Jimbo, I take it you have to be subscribed to the Best of XM package if you have Sirius?

I currently subscribe to Sirius, but thought the MLB package was exclusive to XM? Of course now that they merged, I have the ability to get it, but I think I still have to subscribe to the "best of XM" package for an additional fee.

The MLB package is NOT in the Best of XM package. Only "MLB HOME PLATE" is part of it
http://www.sirius.com/bestofxm

What is The Best of XM?
SIRIUS is pleased to announce new programming options including The Best of XM for SIRIUS subscribers. Effective immediately, SIRIUS subscribers may elect to add The Best of XM programming to their SIRIUS subscription, including:

Oprah & Friends (Ch. 195)
Oprah and her expert friends including Bob Greene, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Robin Smith, Marianne Williamson, and Gayle King provide fans one stop shopping for living your best life, from getting healthy to nurturing your spirit to managing your money.

NHL Home Ice (Ch. 208)
Listen to the action on NHL Home Ice, the world's first hockey radio channel. Delivering a high energy mix of information and entertainment, NHL Home Ice is the on-ice leader for fans across North America with up-to-the-second news and analysis.

PGA TOUR (Ch. 209)
Follow the action all season long as the world's best golfers aim for the fairways and battle bunkers and each other for tournament wins. Tee up all the PGA TOUR events, the British Open and more, with live coverage and insightful analysis of each event.

XM Public Radio (Ch. 196)
Insightful, entertaining, and provocative programming with some of the most respected names in public radio, including Bob Edwards.

The VIRUS (Ch. 197)
Opie and Anthony have a channel that is spreading across America. Beware, this is radio like you've never heard it before. Irreverent, uncensored, so good you won't want to stop listening. It's addictive, it's viral ... It's the VIRUS.

Sports Play-by-Play (Ch. 211-220)
Hear live play by play from the NBA, NHL, college sports and more.

The MLB package is NOT in the Best of XM package. Only "MLB HOME PLATE" is part of it
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - The Best of XM on SIRIUS

What is The Best of XM?
SIRIUS is pleased to announce new programming options including The Best of XM for SIRIUS subscribers. Effective immediately, SIRIUS subscribers may elect to add The Best of XM programming to their SIRIUS subscription, including:

Oprah & Friends (Ch. 195)
Oprah and her expert friends including Bob Greene, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Robin Smith, Marianne Williamson, and Gayle King provide fans one stop shopping for living your best life, from getting healthy to nurturing your spirit to managing your money.

NHL Home Ice (Ch. 208)
Listen to the action on NHL Home Ice, the world's first hockey radio channel. Delivering a high energy mix of information and entertainment, NHL Home Ice is the on-ice leader for fans across North America with up-to-the-second news and analysis.

PGA TOUR (Ch. 209)
Follow the action all season long as the world's best golfers aim for the fairways and battle bunkers and each other for tournament wins. Tee up all the PGA TOUR events, the British Open and more, with live coverage and insightful analysis of each event.

XM Public Radio (Ch. 196)
Insightful, entertaining, and provocative programming with some of the most respected names in public radio, including Bob Edwards.

The VIRUS (Ch. 197)
Opie and Anthony have a channel that is spreading across America. Beware, this is radio like you've never heard it before. Irreverent, uncensored, so good you won't want to stop listening. It's addictive, it's viral ... It's the VIRUS.

Sports Play-by-Play (Ch. 211-220)
Hear live play by play from the NBA, NHL, college sports and more.

Wow, thats it ?
I would have guessed that when the XM guys got the NFL games, that surius would have gotten MLB.
Like I mentioned before, I never looked it up because it didn't pertain to me.

Keep in mind , there are still plans to eventually be able to do ala carte down the road, at least thats what the XM guys told me.

According to the link you posted they also get MLB Home Plate:
MLB
MLB Home Plate Channel 210
Expert hosts cover the bases with trade rumors, breaking news, injury reports and scores from the day pitchers & catchers report, through the World Series and right on into the offseason. MLB Home Plate is talking baseball 24/7/365.

Wonder if they get the games as well ?

Now that I think about it, I currently get the NFL with my best of Surius, do I get the NFL GAMES ?

Anyone know for sure ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Ok, I found that in the BOS package the NFL games are included as well as the weekly programming.

Every NFL game. Every week. Get live NFL play-by-play wherever you are. Plus 24/7 commentary, analysis, and exclusive NFL talk on channel 124, SIRIUS NFL Radio. You'll also hear college sports play-by-play from top conferences.

I have not found on the sirius web page about MLB games yet, but still looking.

Jimbo

its not...all we get the MLB channel. I have Sirius and only things added in Best of XM is what is posted above

we can get NBA & NHL Games but no MLB :(

its not...all we get the MLB channel. I have Sirius and only things added in Best of XM is what is posted above

we can get NBA & NHL Games but no MLB :(

Well that sux, we got the NFL games out of it and Nascar when going the other way, I wonder if that will change soon ? (MLB games being added )

Jimbo

Well that sux, we got the NFL games out of it and Nascar when going the other way, I wonder if that will change soon ? (MLB games being added )

Jimbo

I haven't liked Sirius since the merger, I'm thinking of canceling Sirius. They expect a person to pay $10 more for Oprah?:confused:

It's just not worth it.