Andrews 4,6m

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RimaNTSS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Riga
Hi! I've got title antenna and from yesterday half of it (mirror, heaters, cables, metal boxes etc.) already in my garage. But still have some heavy parts left on the roof at the old location place. It's location is such that crane can not be used, every part is lowered down about 10 meters on the ropes. My question is: How heavy is big galvanized part (pole itself)? There are some pictures from yesterday's work.

Attachments

• 61cmReflector.JPG
    61cmReflector.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 865
  • 08092013995 (Large).jpg
    08092013995 (Large).jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 841
  • 080920131002 (Large).jpg
    080920131002 (Large).jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 867
Curious as to where you took the pictures. Your location is listed as Latvia, but it looks like the Statue of Liberty in the background.

You have yours statue of Liberty we have ours monument of Freedom. This is Latvia, Riga _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Monument

Let us know how you get it down !
You bet. And this is view from ground, took this picture last winter. I can go under this platform only by car with trailer.

Attachments

• 05022013420 (Large).jpg
    05022013420 (Large).jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 533
You have yours statue of Liberty we have ours monument of Freedom. This is Latvia, Riga _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Monument

Very nice statue, not the same when you see it up close from your link.

300px-Monumento_a_la_Libertad%2C_Riga%2C_Letonia%2C_2012-08-07%2C_DD_10.JPG

Nice dish too. Hope to see more pictures of you taking it down, and more important when you get it back up!

Today all the ribs, motors and central part (barrel) were removed and traveled to my garage. So, need another day to finish moving.

Attachments

• 110920131014 (Large).jpg
    110920131014 (Large).jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 523
  • 110920131012 (Large).jpg
    110920131012 (Large).jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 532
Finished removal and moving today. All together it was about 12,5 hours (without actual driving) 3-man work. everithing in the garage now. Was not so easy to lower mount because of it's weight, but we managed without any accidents. Barrels to which all the ribs connected has diameter of 122cm, made of aluminum. All antenna and ribs aluminum made. We did not take metal plate which stays under mount, so when I install antenna at my place I will be forced to make custom-made base. You will not see any progress of installing my Andrew till next summer (at least), it will peacefully rest in the garage.

Attachments

• Garage.JPG
    Garage.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 579
  • barrel122.JPG
    barrel122.JPG
    352.2 KB · Views: 566
  • High.jpg
    High.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 571
  • empty.jpg
    empty.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 580
Too bad you couldn't get that whole mounting (floor) frame assembly home somehow... would need a good size crane and a semi trailer with oversize permits etc as it's likely welded together. A few vertical piles and you could mount it over your garage! :)

No, that frame is not welded, just bolted to the big metal pieces. But, you know, to access bolts you should approach them from underneath, and there is more than 10 meters, I am not so crazy :rant: to hang there. 8 central threaded pieces in this position even have some play, I do not know how they fixed under that plate. I spoke to owner of that building, they are going to remove platform someday, so I still can get pieces I need. Even if I do not get them, that is not a big deal to make a new mounting frame. I am thinking about making round surface out of concrete some 6m in diameter which will be assembly and mounting place for antenna.

Attachments

• MountFrame.jpg
    MountFrame.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 449
Finally decided to start some work on subject dish install. Will use 4 m3 of concrete (~10 tons). Metal frame(gray lines) will be build on top of concrete blocks and leveled on 8 points (red dots). Green square is antenna's stand. That is an idea. Did not start digging yet, so "no-return point" is not crossed :)
BigPlatform (Custom).jpg IMG_20160525_192058 (Custom).jpg

Metal frame below grade to facilitate mowing the grass
or above grade with area filled with rock with Roundup for weed control? Going to be Az/El?
How in the H.E. double hockey sticks did I not see this thread until now?

Did you get the controller for this dish? I'm curious how it operates the two actuators. There must be some kind of polarizer too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts