Bonds Indicted!!!!!!!

Well a few months ago several here were convinced that he had not--or that it really did not matter if he had done them.

But honestly is anyone really surprised at this?

Let's just toss OJ, Vick and Bonds into a 16x16 cell and let then battle it out: OJ gets a knife, Vick gets a pit bull and Bonds gets two poison filled syringes.
The last man standing is pardoned for his crimes. Let's just hope the dog is the only one to make it out alive.;)

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.:rolleyes:
Or perhaps a more deserving guy! The final slam dunk on Bonds now that the Giants don't want him back is that no other team is likely to want to pick up the risk and distraction either.

If Bonds is found guilty, too bad they can't somehow rescind the HR record as well. IMHO, a much finer man and team player still owns that record...!

If it's proven he used steroids, baseball better strip him of the homerun record. No stinking asterisk next to his name -- instead, they should throw out all his stats since he started using. Hank earned the record; Barry didn't.

If it's proven he used steroids, baseball better strip him of the homerun record. No stinking asterisk next to his name -- instead, they should throw out all his stats since he started using. Hank earned the record; Barry didn't.
I don't like the scumbag, but steroids were not banned by MLB when he used them and...really...since when is telling a lie in Congress such a big deal.:eek:

Perjury and obstruction of justice. Oh how the liberal among us crucify Scooter Lilly for not remembering how certain events went down but let Bonds off the hook for the same thing. The difference is he knew exactly what he was taking or rubbing as every proffessional athlete does. He was given immunity for everything but lying yet his ego wouldnt let him simply tell the truth. It still wont and that is why he will do time. NOW, any ommission will automatically exclude him from the Hall of Fame. Even a plea deal. He is going to lose the one thing he cherished.............Recognition.

Who is letting him off? I don't see where anyone except riiffjim wants to let him off the hook and I suspect that his comment was in jest---I hope so anyway.

BTW Riffjim he is charged with lying to a grand jury. There are laws that are intended to discourage that behavior. Whether MLB banned the substance at a particular time is not relevant.

NOW, any ommission will automatically exclude him from the Hall of Fame. Even a plea deal. He is going to lose the one thing he cherished.............Recognition.

I am not sure what omission is being referred to. I think you are saying that he can't go in if he has a conviction. Is that what you are saying? Is that true? If so does that mean that Steinbrenner can't go in--or does his pardon let him in?

Who is letting him off? I don't see where anyone except riiffjim wants to let him off the hook and I suspect that his comment was in jest---I hope so anyway.

BTW Riffjim he is charged with lying to a grand jury. There are laws that are intended to discourage that behavior. Whether MLB banned the substance at a particular time is not relevant.

I would let him off, seriously.

Can't stand the debate but......this is witchhunt city. Wait untill these other names get mentioned and then see if everyone is treated the same. He didn't kill anyone but the mob indictments don't usually take 4 years. Count em, 4 years, you all have any idea how much taxpayer money went into getting this guy that did the same thing that hundreds of others did. Ridiculous. Oh, and by the way, I still don't think that they will prove the case. There is no test for it, they can't "prove" it except for from what others say. Heck there is a heck of a lot more evidence against Paul Byrd right now. Ok, now you are all going to say...but these others didn't lie to the grand jury (alledgedly) and that is what he was indicted for. Well, they lied to everyone else. Bad for Baseball. I beg of them to just let it go. There is nothing that can be done now. Get past it.

Or perhaps a more deserving guy! The final slam dunk on Bonds now that the Giants don't want him back is that no other team is likely to want to pick up the risk and distraction either.

If Bonds is found guilty, too bad they can't somehow rescind the HR record as well. IMHO, a much finer man and team player still owns that record...!

You going to give the HR season title back to Big Mac too? After all he was a nice guy.

The fans in the most liberal part of this country. San Francisco. Home of fruits and nuts and................Nancy Pelosi.

i don't even see them saying that. And if they did it would have little or nothing to do with their politics. Just like President Bush's public congratualtion to Bonds had nothing to do with the ploitics of either man.

next you will be telling us that all of the owners of BD players support Bonds too.

Last edited:
You going to give the HR season title back to Big Mac too? After all he was a nice guy.

in the end no. The record will stand but it will be a reminder of the whole mess. All that will really be done is that he will be tried for perjury and obstruction of justice and if convicted he will go to jail. I am not at all sure that "hudreds of people" did that. and that not the steriod sue directly is waht he was indicted for.

Last edited:
NOW, any ommission will automatically exclude him from the Hall of Fame. Even a plea deal. He is going to lose the one thing he cherished.............Recognition.

Again i am not sure what you were trying to say here but I did a google Search and apparently the hall has no by laws that keep a convicted felon out. i am not sure how many got elected after their conviction but the search reminded me of the whole Willie McCovey affair and the articles on that made it clear that a criminal record does not keep you out.

personally I am not sure where i stand on his induction. I don't like what he seems to have done but at the same time it is sad that the amn with the mos hits in the history of the game is not in the hall. An unroided bonds might well have hit 600. That alone would have put him in some pretty elite company and it is sad that all this happened.

What criminal record did Willie McCovey have? I know Orlando Cepeda had a drug conviction.

Tax fraud justa few years ago. as I said it was all much later than his playing days. I can't believe I forgot about it either i used to follow the giants asa kid and mostly because of Mays and McCovey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)