Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

vinnyv07 said:
Really.....this is the thing that depresses me the most. I have Directv right now and Im afraid that I'll never watch HD the same again. Well, I still have my OTA Ant.

Me too. I have all of the D* equipment I need but Im hoping and praying Voom makes it so I dont have to call them

Lars said:
I wonder if there is any hope of at least some of the 21 HD channels staying alive and being offered to other companies?

They already have AMC, WE, etc. They could offer Equator, Rave, Animania, Monsters and at least one "rolled into one" Cinema 10 channel.

I sure hope so. But reality is that E* would rather carry foreign language shopping and Bingo while D* would compress everything to the point that you may as well just buy an EDTV set in lieu of HDTV.

Lars said:
I wonder if there is any hope of at least some of the 21 HD channels staying alive and being offered to other companies?

They already have AMC, WE, etc. They could offer Equator, Rave, Animania, Monsters and at least one "rolled into one" Cinema 10 channel.

Maybe this should be a new thread....

The problem with that is all the providers ( D*, E* and C* ) seem like they don't really want to pay for new programing right now, a lot of contracts are coming up ( like D* with ESPN ) and they will have pay more for current channels, they don't want to add more because of money.

I would love to have MonstersHD.

After canceling Voom for few months (had battle with homeowners association and WON!), I signed up for VOOM again on Sunday. The problem in my case is that I CAN NOT have anything else but VOOM. I have so many trees around that I can only get 61.5 satellite. Bummer :( (Comcast S**KS!)

heels98 said:
can anyone post the voom phone number? i'm not at home and i want to call and take my credit card number off asap!

Why on earth would you want to do this?! You have at least one more month of the best programming available, and :confused: in HD.

heels98 said:
can anyone post the voom phone number? i'm not at home and i want to call and take my credit card number off asap!
1 800 GET VOOM, but if I were you I'd call the credit card company and change the acct. # instead.

Do any of you know if there was ever a link to Voom at Cablevision's website...because there sure isn't one there now!

danielle_s said:
Voom21 Is not compelling enough to be put on E*
I will miss Monsters....Rave...Worldsport....and an occasional movie on the Cin 10. I also watch TNTHD alot...which right now isnt on Directv. I'll miss StrarzHD ...just for their showings of LOTR.

I'm not cancelling service, but if a hacker did access the page then (as a poster noted earlier) then I don't want them accessing my account info! Let me know if this is silly or impossible then I won't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts