DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

empiretc said:
kind of reminds me of that Seinfeld episode. George tries and break up with his girlfriend and she says "NO". Dish is doing that to us, lol.

LMAO, perfect.

I could be wrong, but I thought both XD models are wireless. The original unit was larger and had an ethernet port as well. The newer unit is smaller and rounded.

Called the 888 number on the email. Got a csr who offered me $35 credit to watch Walking Dead on Amazon. I said well how do we all watch it, huddle around my laptop? He tried talking me into hooking it to my tv and i just told him that wasnt going to work. He pit me on hold then came back and transfered me to loyalty. She gave me a RokuXD, $10 a month for a year and sent the roku to the wrong address. Got it on the way now....

ATT was able to come to terms with AMC fairly easily, it seems.

I hate to disrupt the I-got-a-free-roku thread. But...

I wonder why ATT was able to come to terms with the evil, greedy, customer-hating AMC Networks, and relatively quickly, at that? Plus, they were able to leave the channel up past the deadline, while negotiating with those monsters. (And, leave it at the normal channel number, too.)

Odd that Dish wasn't able to make any of that happen. Any thoughts?

Well the Roku + credit deal convinced me to stay. Called this morning and got mine in about 15 minutes. Just tell them you know about the Roku + credit and want it.

I could be wrong, but I thought both XD models are wireless. The original unit was larger and had an ethernet port as well. The newer unit is smaller and rounded.

They do but not what is being determined, it's the wired ethernet that is in question.

I hate to disrupt the I-got-a-free-roku thread. But...

I wonder why ATT was able to come to terms with the evil, greedy, customer-hating AMC Networks, and relatively quickly, at that? Plus, they were able to leave the channel up past the deadline, while negotiating with those monsters. (And, leave it at the normal channel number, too.)

Odd that Dish wasn't able to make any of that happen. Any thoughts?

The answer you are obviously looking for is that Dish did not want to keep them. The other answer is once Dish turned them off, gone from the system, AMC had to cave and do better with Uverse or risk losing them too. Your assumption is that Uverse was able to agree, could be more that AMC had to agree with Uverse.

Long-time forum lurker and Dish user here. I've been following this thread (every single post!) with great interest. Faithfully followed MM, BB, TWD and The Killing (and Rubicon, while it lasted). Have AT200 + BB, so the "new" channels substituted for the loss of AMCE weren't new to me at all. I never received the email, but, thanks to Satellite Guys and especially to The Harrington, I learned of the compensations being offered. Called last nightThe CSR made a few offers, then transferred me to Loyalty. After a bit of negotiations, I received $10/mo. credit for a year, plus $5/credit for 2 years for switching to autopay. I declined the Roku that was offered, since I had just bought one a few weeks ago (drats!). I'd still rather have AMC and avoided all this, but I'm satisfied with Dish's consolation offers, especially since I just switched to Hopper/Joeys in March and am back on contract.

One thing I found interesting: Joe, in Loyalty, insisted that Dish had been in negotiations with AMC all along, but that AMC wanted another 10 channels to be part of the deal. Yes, 10, and he said it more than once. Since I was trying to watch the Olympic trials during all this, I didn't try to debate him. But, the info being disseminated and the offers being made sure do depend on who you talk to!

Thanks, again, for the information shared by everyone!

Suzanne

Your assumption is that Uverse was able to agree, could be more that AMC had to agree with Uverse.

Yeah, we may never know. I'm sure UVerse moved some, but I would bet the agreement was closer to AT&Ts prior offers than AMCs. Of course that still could have been a big improvement over what AMC was previously getting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)