DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Yeah DISH does not want to do ANY business with AMC.
Like I mentioned a few weeks ago. Not many customers will drop Dish because of the lack of AMC Networks channels. Especially with the new give-a-ways. But I think it will hurt in the long-term. Who will change to a provider who doesn't carry a popular channel that most other providers have in their basic tiers? Will Dish be that much cheaper than the rest to make up for that? And what about other channels? Will Dish drop them out of spite too? Plenty of question marks for a potential new customer to risk signing a two year contract.

As the "2" line has been out for over a year, and the previous gen is nigh on impossible to find new, the thought never entered my mind that it wasn't a current model.
I thought the opposite, knowing that Dish and antiquated technology have a history of going hand-in-hand. Who says the Rokus Dish is offering are "new" :)

Isn't Dish losing more money giving away equipment and programming, as well as credit, vs what they would pay if the carriage rates went up a little bit?

Isn't Dish losing more money giving away equipment and programming, as well as credit, vs what they would pay if the carriage rates went up a little bit?

Depends somewhat on the deal they have. This is at least a benefit to Roku and possibly Amazon don't forget. Dish already has a business agreement with Roku.

I'm as critical of Dish as the next guy. But, the thought of them sending out dusty old models never crossed my mind.
Hey, I have an original XD, it's not dusty or old.

But then, maybe I'm old school. :p

Besides, I took many of the posts too literally, shame on me. Most everyone kept saying "Roku XD", not "Roku 2 XD".

at the end of next month, we will ask for the MSP offer. that will compliment this roku and $5/12 credit perfectly!

Well, the credit is not showing for me online yet (would it be listed under billing?) but I'll wait a day or two because the csr told me the Roku would be shipped overnight and should be there Tuesday. So, if a Roku shows up tomorrow I will trust that the credit will show up as well.

I also called yesterday and was told I would get a Roku 2 XD and after reading all the posts thought I would double check with chat this morning. Yes it is the Roku 2 XD and it shipped out with delivery sched for 7/2. I also double checked the credit on my account ($10 for 12 months) and did not see it, although the CSR said my account showed it. I did not get the "how to install my Roku device" email. CSR said to print out chat as verification for all.

This is interesting. I've been out of my contract for several months and was looking at discounts for Hopper and Joey. I'm on chat right now, number 29 in the q, and i'll ask about this instead of the roku.
I gave up on the chat. Like many others, the wait was forever.

I called the 800 number and spoke to 'Carl' who didn't know what was going on. He transferred me to loyalty where they offered the Roku and one-time $35 credit to cover the cost of 1 season of any AMC show thru Amazon. The rep really pushed Amazon as a way to watch AMC shows. I took the offer and thanked her. She was actually very nice and patient with me, even though I could hear how busy they were in the background.

I'm not really wanting to read all 227 other pages of this thread, can somebody summarize just what in the world is going on?

ltownsend said:
I also called yesterday and was told I would get a Roku 2 XD and after reading all the posts thought I would double check with chat this morning. Yes it is the Roku 2 XD and it shipped out with delivery sched for 7/2. I also double checked the credit on my account ($10 for 12 months) and did not see it, although the CSR said my account showed it. I did not get the "how to install my Roku device" email. CSR said to print out chat as verification for all.

How do you know that it shipped? I still have no confirmation of anything and my order was placed pretty early yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

At least in the part of Texas I am in you can't really beat Dish. The cable companies have crappy service with ads all over the screens and U-Verse just isn't viable for a large family. I wish FIOS was available in my area and that might be an option but as it is Dish is on about 90% of the houses in my area. My wife and I were very upset by the AMC issue but there just wasn't a solution. So, despite all of the threats of leaving most people will do nothing. I did take advantage of the Roku offer but I wonder how many people who don't visit these kinds of boards will even know it is happening. So, while we think it is costing them a pretty penny to give out Rokus and credits most subs won't even know it is available. Probably just a small percentage will get anything. The rest will keep watching what they watch and forget about AMC.

If they offer the $10 off for 12 month credit, is there a way to verify, I logged in to my account after the call but don't see it there yet.

I'm not really wanting to read all 227 other pages of this thread, can somebody summarize just what in the world is going on?

No need to read any of the posts. To sum it up, Dish is the best TV carrier. :D:D:D:D:D:D

ucfgnome said:
If they offer the $10 off for 12 month credit, is there a way to verify, I logged in to my account after the call but don't see it there yet.

Check your account online tomorrow, your current balance should reflect the credit.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts