DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

now that the legal mess and the dispute said legal mess caused is over. the big question now is, how long until the " This Channel has moved, Important Information, please press for details" description and slates that usually happens when a channel moves to it's permanent new channel. i say maybe tomorrow (actually today since it's after midnight here in Texas now) or Wednesday. and the slates will say this "(insert name of channel) has moved, the channel can now be found on (normal new channel or old channel number), meanwhile the network that used to be on this channel (name of AMC owned network) will return to this spot on November 1st, please change your timers to make sure you have the correct recordings" or something like that. and also the description will say something like this channel has moved to (channel number where you can find it now), please set up your timers to the correct info.

Yes!l wonder what kind of increase we'll see in February?

After 2 years without an increase and a large settlement just under 1 billion dollars to Cablevison, I see an increase in the $8.00 - $10.00 range. IF not you will see an increase in other fees, possibly standard dvr fees or other fees and a smaller price hike ,to make up for it. But this cost will not hurt DISH , it will be spread to us the subs. We subs, pay for all increases in doing business by DISH. It's the same for just about all companies. They spread the increased cost of doing business to their customers. Standard business practices.

After 2 years without an increase and a large settlement just under 1 billion dollars to Cablevison, I see an increase in the $8.00 - $10.00 range. IF not you will see an increase in other fees, possibly standard dvr fees or other fees and a smaller price hike ,to make up for it. But this cost will not hurt DISH , it will be spread to us the subs. We subs, pay for all increases in doing business by DISH. It's the same for just about all companies. They spread the increased cost of doing business to their customers. Standard business practices.

I do agree with your analysis. However, even though $700 million is a large amount of money, I wouldn't consider it "just under 1 billion dollars". There is still a big difference between $700 million and $1 billion.

It would not surprise me to see an increase of up to $7 a month, remember this is after a 2 years with no programming pack price increases. (Thats my GUESS anyways)

I've heard a lot of good thingsw about the Walking Dead and always wanted to watch it but never found the time. Since I have PTAT and Autohop I started watching Revelution and I love it. If Walking Dead is very similar and considered better I better start watching it.

It would not surprise me to see an increase of up to $7 a month, remember this is after a 2 years with no programming pack price increases. (Thats my GUESS anyways)

they may have not raised the base cost, but they have increased everything else...........premiums, sports channels, receiver fees...............so I'm sure their margins have stayed the same or increased during that time frame

But, this increase would be due to Charlie's ego & stubborn pride.............this "payout" could have been avoided

they may have not raised the base cost, but they have increased everything else...........premiums, sports channels, receiver fees...............so I'm sure their margins have stayed the same or increased during that time frame

But, this increase would be due to Charlie's ego & stubborn pride.............this "payout" could have been avoided

They have not raised everything else, false statement. They raised very little. In fact with Roku's and being given credits many are paying less.

Woah... we had the 2 yrs of no "increases" for two years now. They bumped up the price several dollars two yrs ago and then said they were freezing rates. They froze the 2013 rates back in 2011.

"ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan. 3, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C. today announced that it is raising prices $3 to $5 per month on most programming packages starting in February 2011. DISH Network is then freezing prices on its primary programming packages through January 2013, becoming the only major satellite or cable company in America to announce a two-year price freeze."

If you feel Dish would only raise prices once a year, I see how you may think they have not been raised for one year, that year being 2012. If you feel Dish would or could raise package prices more than once a year, it will be two years without an increase. Either way the time frame has always been from Feb 2011 to Feb 2013 and that is a two year time frame.
Dish does not normally raise package prices during the year, usually it is in February, that is true. But that means they are always raising prices on the past year, because channels were added that you were not charged for. Could be you lost one or two, gained some, and could be contracts were signed that cost Dish more for the remainder of that year. We didn't pay till February. So because of that, it can be reasonably said prices were not raised for two years, the year of 2011 because the price increase was for the previous year, and for 2012.

Last edited:
Dish is giving us about a $20 discount a month for a year I think because we had lost the WE TV channel. Do you think they will stop that discount now?

Dish is giving us about a $20 discount a month for a year I think because we had lost the WE TV channel. Do you think they will stop that discount now?

I do not think they will stop it. But good question. They should have probably said we will give the credit each month up to a year while AMC/WE etc.. are gone. But I don't think they did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)