DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I do not think they will stop it. But good question. They should have probably said we will give the credit each month up to a year while AMC/WE etc.. are gone. But I don't think they did.

There is no way they will go back on the credits. Just like customers leaving, credits are a cost of contract negotiations. I'm sure they knew exactly how much they were willing to give out before they dropped the channels. If they told you $10 per month for 6 months you will get it for 6 months. That is just an example. I'm not sure what credit most people got.

Just wanted to add that AMC on demand is back on our 722 and 612.So far only TWD season 3 premiere is all that's available but,I'm sure that HOW,BB,and Madmen will be available soon.

It would not surprise me to see an increase of up to $7 a month, remember this is after a 2 years with no programming pack price increases. (Thats my GUESS anyways)

If they are smart, they raise the package prices by no more than $5, tick up DVR/protection plan/other services by $1 or $2, and give free Starz or some other "bonus" to offset it in the minds of their customers.

satjay said:
Wow I guess why Facebook is Facebook....on the Dish page, many think its a one show deal just for tonight

People really can't think that...can they?

Look at a handful of their profiles and I'd say "yes". I used to enjoy going on their page to watch people bicker and to see what gpollock was saying for the day. The bickering got old and Gregory got a job. :(

Teehar said:
Just wanted to add that AMC on demand is back on our 722 and 612.So far only TWD season 3 premiere is all that's available but,I'm sure that HOW,BB,and Madmen will be available soon.

Would be great to watch some previous mad men on demand ;)

yes it was on 130. No problem though, just delete your timer and reset it. Not that big of an issue.
It may only be a minor PITA for folks like you and me. But, what about the vast majority of users?

Why are consumers so often willing to accept poor decisions by the entities that provide our goods and services, as opposed to questioning them? In this case, bringing back AMC on a different channel than the one it held previously may be minor. But, it's still inconvenient, confusing, and makes little sense. Why not just bring it back to its original position in the lineup?

If Dish settles all their outstanding disputes and litigation, someone is bound to theorize that it's being done so Charlie can sell! :)

---wait,,, did someone say Charlie is selling Dish? :D

Now, which package is AMC included in? There's conflicting posts on their Facebook page, from DISH themselves! One CSR it's saying AT200+, another is stating AT120+. Which is it??

If Dish settles all their outstanding disputes and litigation, someone is bound to theorize that it's being done so Charlie can sell!
smile.gif

---wait,,, did someone say Charlie is selling Dish?
biggrin.gif

:facepalm

Now, which package is AMC included in? There's conflicting posts on their Facebook page, from DISH themselves! One CSR it's saying AT200+, another is stating AT120+. Which is it??

It's in Freeview. Again for everyone who keeps asking, it's in FREEVIEW - that means everyone gets to see it. Officially it may be in the same packages it was before, so AT200 could be a correct answer. In fact if you asked me what package it is included in, I would say last I saw Top200 and above.(And I think one other lower package, not Top120)
What package is it in right now however is a different answer.

Tampa8 said:
It's in Freeview. Again for everyone who keeps asking, it's in FREEVIEW - that means everyone gets to see it. Officially it may be in the same packages it was before, so AT200 could be a correct answer. And it could be it has not been announced to anyone what packages it will eventually be in.

I understand that it's in free view until 11/21. I was asking (as we're others on the Facebook page) what package it would be in AFTER that. And we were given two responses, as I posted above.

I don't consider free view a "package", as its only temporary and changes frequently.

Did Dish on facebook post it is until 11/21?

And that is not what you posted here as a question. You asked NOW what package is AMC in. See why you get different answers? NOW is not AFTER......

DISH Network L.L.C., has settled all of its pending litigation with Voom HD Holdings LLC and has entered into a multi-year agreement to carry AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel and Fuse. AMC channel broadcast resumed Sunday, October 21 on DISH channel131.
Other AMC Networks programming, including Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC, will return to DISH November 1. The Madison Square Garden Company’s music-oriented Fuse channel will begin broadcast November 1, as well.
Dish will also air a free preview of the Walking Dead, Season 3, Episode 1 “Seed.” Details include:

• Date: 10/22
  • Time: 08:00 pm ET to 02:00 am ET
  • PPV Channel: 456 SD, and 455 HD

Tampa8 said:
Did Dish on facebook post it is until 11/21?

And that is not what you posted here as a question. You asked NOW what package is AMC in. See why you get different answers? NOW is not AFTER......

If you called up Dish and asked them to subscribe to the "free view" PACKAGE, would they be able to help you? Can you subscribe to that PACKAGE via the website??

Since we're talking details...FREE VIEW is not a "PACKAGE".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts