DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Of course, not my point, in your own two posts you asked about it in two different ways, what package now, and what package after. If the CSR did not know about the change to 120, the answer for now would be top200, very understandable answer since this all happened so quickly. In fact as of just a couple of hours ago I am betting it was officially in the Top200.....

I had a feeling AMC would now be in all the core packages.
Of course. Increased viewership had to be part of the settlement.

Everybody keeps posting how Dish got such a huge bargain. Perhaps they did as far as the lump sum payment is concerned. But, the carriage deal is quite likely a very good one in AMC's favor.

Of course. Increased viewership had to be part of the settlement.

Everybody keeps posting how Dish got such a huge bargain. Perhaps they did as far as the lump sum payment is concerned. But, the carriage deal is quite likely a very good one in AMC's favor.
And as always in such discussions, we will never know.

While flipping through the channels I just saw that Dish is showing the first Episode of Walking Dead season 3 on channel 455 right now. This is one of the sports PPV channels but its free. The episode has already started so it's probably too late to help most people but I thought it was interesting. This is not just a remapped AMC feed because I am recording Halloween on AMC right now.

Edit: they are playing it again at 10:00 on channel 455 so anyone who missed the first episode because of the dispute has a chance to record it.

empiretc said:
Let's hope it stays there are every other provider has it in their entry level packages.

Looks like it will be in AT120 per the free preview page as well: http://www.mydish.com/perks/free-preview/

In addition, it is listed on the channel lineup card as the first channel under AT120:
http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf

It is also in Dish Latino Plus and above. (I think I typed Dos earlier as the pack it was in originally, but I think it was in Plus before actually).

Last edited:
syphix said:
I understand that it's in free view until 11/21. I was asking (as we're others on the Facebook page) what package it would be in AFTER that. And we were given two responses, as I posted above.

I don't consider free view a "package", as its only temporary and changes frequently.

Often times you get conflicting answers on the Facebook page. I used to notice that our own gpollock or a guy named Tony Gothard would straighten out any wrong responses by DISH staff. Hell, most of the time they'd be the ones to answer questions first. :)

Was AMC in any of the dish America packages before it got dropped? It does not look like it will be back in these packages after freeview is over.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

CulpeperUplink said:
Was AMC in any of the dish America packages before it got dropped? It does not look like it will be back in these packages after freeview is over.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No. It wasn't in Dish America Silver at least (as I had it before the dispute) and was never advertised for any of the DA packages.

Right now AMC is doing a fearfest which makes sense because of Holloween. When is Hell on Wheels suppose to be on? Doesn't look like it started last year until Novemeber, so maybe it doesn't start this year until then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)