DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

If you click on the link, it shows The Rifleman on Nov 3rd. Since it is past Dish's guide, it explains why you couldn't find it. They must be wanting to show the scary movies for Halloween.

Yep, guess so on the movies for Halloween. Missed bunches of episodes when Dish pulled AMC off the air.

And as always in such discussions, we will never know.
I think we lose in the end. We now have to pay for carriage of IFC (which isn't an Indie channel anymore and I don't watch) and WE (which I never watch) and Sundance (a channel that is nothing like it used to be and I don't watch). I don't gain much from this at all, so we all lose in this deal. ;)

I think we lose in the end. We now have to pay for carriage of IFC (which isn't an Indie channel anymore and I don't watch) and WE (which I never watch) and Sundance (a channel that is nothing like it used to be and I don't watch). I don't gain much from this at all, so we all lose in this deal. ;)

You used an awful lot of 'I' in a statement that ends with 'we.' You are not everyone, some people like the programming on those channels....

Yeah, we are now again paying for channels that have been seriously devalued with a carriage agreement that has presumably been seriously inflated. ;) :D

Hm. I'm on Dish America now, and I've been considering bumping up to AT120, since it's only $10 more. But do I have to pay an extra $10 to get AT120 in HD? I notice when I log in to my account on the site and go to my programming, if I tick the AT120 box, an additional "HD Add On" box becomes selectable below. So I assume if I just change to AT120 without also adding the "HD Add On", I lose HD channels, huh? That's pretty lame. I can swing an extra $10 for a few more channels, but having to put an extra $10 on top of that to keep HD is pretty irritating.

Hm. I'm on Dish America now, and I've been considering bumping up to AT120, since it's only $10 more. But do I have to pay an extra $10 to get AT120 in HD? I notice when I log in to my account on the site and go to my programming, if I tick the AT120 box, an additional "HD Add On" box becomes selectable below. So I assume if I just change to AT120 without also adding the "HD Add On", I lose HD channels, huh? That's pretty lame. I can swing an extra $10 for a few more channels, but having to put an extra $10 on top of that to keep HD is pretty irritating.
Autopay and paperless billing is your other option to get the HD free for life, or pay a one-time $99 fee for HD for life.

Yes, if you do not already have HD FOR LIFE you need to get that, or pay the $10 per month. HD FOR LIFE is free, ends the $10 per month charge, if as Dare2be mentioned you agree to autopay and paperless billing. OR - as he said you can pay a one time $99 fee and not have to use autopay or paperless.

GaryPen said:
I would prefer a single channel that is true to the original Sundance and IFC missions, rather than two channels that have strayed from them.
We could really use a true independent/art film channel with little or no commercial interruption.

When Sundance went off Dish, it was commercial free and unedited. Of course it had just left the Showtime package. Is it now watered down and commercialed?

When Sundance went off Dish, it was commercial free and unedited. Of course it had just left the Showtime package. Is it now watered down and commercialed?

After Sundance left Showtime, it disappeared for a while. It then came back in the watered down version and was removed a couple of months before IFC, WE and AMC. It was showing a lot of similar programs and movies to IFC, complete with commercials and overlaying graphics.

Autopay and paperless billing is your other option to get the HD free for life, or pay a one-time $99 fee for HD for life.

So, if I log into my account, go to billing, turn autopay on and paper billing off, does that count, then? Or is there something else I would have to do? If/ when I actually switch my package to AT120 via changing it on "My programming" through site, will that "HD for life" automatically take effect?

indestructible said:
So, if I log into my account, go to billing, turn autopay on and paper billing off, does that count, then? Or is there something else I would have to do? If/ when I actually switch my package to AT120 via changing it on "My programming" through site, will that "HD for life" automatically take effect?

I'd contact a DIRT member and they could get you fixed up.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

I'd contact a DIRT member and they could get you fixed up.

D'oh. I hate calling places. I wish things could be as simple as just clicking a button. v_v

It's worth noting that I've been a Dish customer for roughly 10+ years, and last year, I signed up for a new agreement to get HD receivers and I took the Dish America package. I *thought* my deal was a two year thing, but I can't remember. Would I have any problems upgrading my package before that "agreement" ends? I mean, it's not like I'd be canceling my service completely, and in fact, my bill would be going up a little bit.

The commitment is for at least the minimum package, you are not locked into the package you first took so you can upgrade all you want.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

You can get a higher package now with no problem, generally it's you that loses a little because a higher package at the time of signing might have yielded a little more discounts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)