DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I never said they should lower my bill in that post. I simply want them to provide me the channels I signed up for when I signed my contract. We are now paying the same price for less. I may not have responded to the main point of your post but I did directly respond to part of it that I strongly disagreed with.

Second point, who exactly is getting something additional? Unless they are providing these replacements to everyone and not just the people who got AMC in their package no one is getting anything additional. AMC was in AT200 and up. HDNet and Style were also in AT200 and up. AT200 and up subscribers now lose AMC, We, and IFC and gain HDNet Movies. By my math that is a net -2 channels.

If you never said they should lower your bill (and I never thought you did) why did you even reply to my post? That was the whole point, it was directed for people who do say that.

AT120 gained HDnet. (And possibly the family package or Welcome also) For those that never really watched the AMC channels, HDnet and HDMovies could be considered adding. You insist on doing the numbers game, that is only a part of the story. There are many, who never watched some or all of those channels, and will watch these. If it was the other way around I would say the same thing, point is for some it is a gain.
As an example;
DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - Dish to drop AMC? (+WeTV, IFC & Sundance)

You are failing to realize there are a substantial amount of subscribers who won't miss those channels, and do not see it as a loss. So that's who gains.

So we lose two SD channels and One Hd channel and gain three HD channels in their place. The only change for me is that I will have to wait till the season is over to watch my two AMC shows on Netflix.

It's going to seem like a long wait. Breaking Bad S4 still isn't on Netflix. I just started with Netflix so I don't really know when they pick up new seasons. You think Netflix will get Breaking Bad Season 4 after Season 5 begins? Or will they have to wait to add S4 after S5 is over.

Actually they are. If the gas station raises how much the gas costs, do you blame the gas station or the people that supply the gas? I blame all the content providers, not the people who are rebroadcasting them, just like I don't blame the gas station for high prices of gas, I blame the people who make the gas and all the profits from it.

That makes no sense at all. I had no idea that gas stations and DISH are required to raise prices and don't make any profit.

I get you, you would never have gotten MRSA [hypothetically] from that hospital stay, if it weren't for the sick people that were there b4 you were admitted. Makes no sense to blame the doctors and nurses who were touching you without washing their hands first.

Who do you blame if DISH files a lawsuit, loses, and then raises our rates to cover the loss?

So, I will lose amc hd from channel 9610?

Looks that way.

Last edited:
They did the move a while back some ay it was to "get back" at AMC running a crawl about dish dropping the channel

You do mean someone [i.e.
Bob Toevs] from DISH said the move was in retaliation for the crawl, right?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/dish-network-kicks-amc-networks-channels-to-nosebleed-section-of-the-dial/

Well we will see tomorrow. I guess I might just have to ask for something as I will miss not being able to see Breaking Bad this summer. $$$ off per month would be nice. Or free Sho would be another choice since Weeds will be starting tomorrow night. I can be flexible. Cinemax on the other hand is worthless to me. Even when I have had it would watch it less than once a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts