DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I can say that i am pretty sure AMC is definately not amused/pleased with dish giving out roku box's for AMC's own decision to stream their episodes online. I find an agreement at this point would take a heck of alot.

chatters78 said:
I was offered $10 off for 12 months and the Roku. Like you I did not get the confirmation email others have been getting, so i called again. The rep checked and it's all noted on my account so all is good. she did say they had a power outage somewhere which could have effected the confirmation being sent, but she assured me everything was setup correctly.

Hmm, everything noted on the account and actually setup may not be the same. We will just have to wait it out and hope for the best. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Hmm, everything noted on the account and actually setup may not be the same. We will just have to wait it out and hope for the best. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app
Indeed, which I pointed out to her, but she seemed confident that this means the order was placed, she could see the credit had been applied to start on the next billing cycle. Fingers crossed, Dish generally has been good regarding orders for me in the past so no reason to doubt at the moment...

Tyralak said:
Oooohhhh! I want a Roku!

Me too. But I don't have the package amc was on... so can't really call and complain. I was going to upgrade in time for Breaking Bad but would make it sound like I was making it up. :) It's ok though.

I was in the chat queue for almost 2 hours when it all of a sudden said there were no agents avaliable. Had to start all over again in the long queue. I decided to call the number in the email and was done in 20 minutes; $10 credit for 12 months and a Roku (she said it would be shipped overnight and I should have it Tuesday). She said it retails for 59.99 so I guess it is the Roku HD model.

I chose my words poorly in my previous post, was just wondering if you guys were mentioning the Roku or letting them offer it first. I'm very upset about AMC going away, Walking Dead and Hells on Wheels are 2 of my favorite shows right now and my wife loves Mad Men. I had already talk to my local Charter cable about switching but decided to wait a few months to see if the channel comes back. From the sound of this thread that doesn't sound likely.

Not believing everything that AMC/Rainbow has stated about the carriage of their channels on Dish.However Dish has done nothing to make it look as though they have actually negotiated in good faith.From the very beginning the tactics that Dish used seems as though their mind was made up to drop them.If this were a trial and I was a juror all the evidence would point to Dish doing this over the lawsuit.This whole dispute is nothing like disputes in the past.

And if it were trial you most likely would never know about it either as it would prejudicial.

It took and hour and 45 minutes to wait for the agent on chat, and then another 25 minutes to negotiate and get the order completed. I just finished up. I'm getting the Roku, a $35 one-time credit, and a $10 credit per month for 12 months. This will pay for HD streaming ($2.76 per episode after a 5% discount for purchasing the whole season) of the full seasons of Breaking Bad (this summer's 8 episodes and next summer's 8 episodes), The Walking Dead (16 episodes), and Hell on Wheels (10 episodes), and have about $35 change left over. Of course, next year, assuming they still aren't carrying AMC, they won't be offering any credits, so it'll cost hard money to watch those shows.

In just reading our satelite guys posts, I would say Dish customer service was busy during the day and night. Though as I mentioned earlier looks like they were helpful with credits and such

krauser1 said:
How long did you get Cinemax and Starz free?

3 months each. I've already gone online and indicated that they not continue after 3 months. Also got the Roku and $10 off per month for a year. I've been with dish since '96...

Day two post AMC, hopefully the CSR's had a bit of a break, yesterday they worked hard, and it was a weekend day

I still haven't gotten the Roku email. I hope they didn't forget to enter it in the system.
I never got the email either, and did not mention it when I got on the chat. I said that I had read about the offer online, and they put it through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)