DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Umm yeah I don't quite understand people that get so emotional over a TV provider... If Dish removes a channel that I like, and I feel that it is worth switching providers over it, instead of ranting and raving about it to whomever at Dish or on a forum, I will simply cancel Dish, get Direct, then start posting in their forums. It's not like I have an emotional attachment to Dish nor do I care whether or not they make the "right" decisions. If they have the programming and equipment I like for the right price, then I stick with them. If they don't, I switch providers and call it a day.

I'm one of the 7-10 day people, but I figured since I'm getting it for free, it's OK if I have to wait a week for it. :)
It depends on routes and distribution hubs. For example, when I order stuff from the Dish Store and select "mule train" in the shipping option because it's the cheapest, I still get it the next day. This is because the Dish Store ships from a location that has three-times daily trucks running from their city to mine and we are both at main distribution sites. So I think everyone is getting 5-7 day shipping, but just due to their location they are getting it the next day.

Thanks DISH. Now my wife had the great idea to inform me that she will not be providing me service in "that way", threw me $20 and gave me directions to "Tina" on the corner down the street. I complained profusely, so she threw in a Hustler and a calling card for 800-GET-GIRL.

I'll take that offer over getting another wife. The ETFs are just too much at this early stage of our commitment.

Whaaa?

TNGTony said:
It depends on routes and distribution hubs. For example, when I order stuff from the Dish Store and select "mule train" in the shipping option because it's the cheapest, I still get it the next day. This is because the Dish Store ships from a location that has three-times daily trucks running from their city to mine and we are both at main distribution sites. So I think everyone is getting 5-7 day shipping, but just due to their location they are getting it the next day.

Hard to say, but mine was over night fedex. Not because that its what I was told, but because fedex indicated overnight. Also,roku shipping from california and I am in pa. My little box took a plane ride last night just to see me. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I will simply cancel Dish, get Direct, then start posting in their forums. It's not like I have an emotional attachment to Dish nor do I care whether or not they make the "right" decisions. If they have the programming and equipment I like for the right price, then I stick with them. If they don't, I switch providers and call it a day.

words of a single man.......

I don't see Dish bringing AMC back until the court case is resolved, so this will be a while, nice too see people getting discounts and free Roku, being on a prepaid account with Dish. If this doesn't get resolved before Mad Men new season, I'll be switching to Directv

3HaloODST said:
Umm yeah I don't quite understand people that get so emotional over a TV provider... If Dish removes a channel that I like, and I feel that it is worth switching providers over it, instead of ranting and raving about it to whomever at Dish or on a forum, I will simply cancel Dish, get Direct, then start posting in their forums. It's not like I have an emotional attachment to Dish nor do I care whether or not they make the "right" decisions. If they have the programming and equipment I like for the right price, then I stick with them. If they don't, I switch providers and call it a day.

I dont get it either. If i lost a channel that i watched everyday, i would switch providers. I would to freak out that the rep on the other end of the phone. ITS A BUSINESS! They are going to do what makes them the most $$$. Its not personal. Some people need to just chill out

Well even if I get the Roku and so far I wasn't able to get it when I chatted w/ them but I'm thinking seriously about cutting the cord. I built myself a video server not long ago and I can rent from Amazon, Hulu Plus, Netflix, plus I belong to a usenet that I pay for the material already. So it is highly possible that once I get everything that I have on my HDD's that I have in and attached to my 722K that I will be OTA & IPTV only. And for those that called me a fan boy how many of you are still here and I'm talking about going.

This company is ridiculous. I got a 9.00 credit after 30 minutes. Not sure what I am going to do. I no longer have a 2nd company in my house. Hell on Wheels starts in August. I am also of the belief that this is NEVER coming back. Pathetic.

Called up this morning, got offered a $30 credit and was told that I could watch it on my computer. I said my wife would rather watch it on a big screen and I understand Directv still has the channel, transferred to loyalty and immediately got the roku and 10/12 credit.

No waiting on hold this fine 4th of July morning.

On this 236th birthday of America, I got to say that we are a pissy, moaning, cry-baby shell of a once great nation. To everyone who either told CSRs that what they offer isn't good enough, demanded certain services, or demanded to speak to Charlie, politeness goes a long way! I'm not saying be happy and take it if you feel you are getting a bad deal. But be polite. One poster here mentioned yesterday that they were given the run around, promised something twice then told to screw. That's when you treat them like garbage. I'd estimate that 98% of us (including myself) who called for a Roku really didn't have any of the four channels lost on their TV for more than 10 hours in the last 6 months. You people are why I hated working in customer service. I quote Ben Affleck's (spell check) character in Mallrats "The customer is always an a-hole!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the csr's since last sunday for sure have felt the wrath. Hopefully they get a chance to enjoy some of there fourth

This company is ridiculous. I got a 9.00 credit after 30 minutes. Not sure what I am going to do. I no longer have a 2nd company in my house. Hell on Wheels starts in August. I am also of the belief that this is NEVER coming back. Pathetic.

I think it'll come back...it could be a few years though :/

I don't see it coming back soon, not even "Dish soon." After Dish giving out all these Roku boxes and all of these yearly credits. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend all this money and then bring back AMC in 2 or 3 months.

Ghpr13:usa2:

I don't see it coming back soon, not even "Dish soon." After Dish giving out all these Roku boxes and all of these yearly credits. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend all this money and then bring back AMC in 2 or 3 months.

Ghpr13:usa2:

Amen +1 Charlie having sour grapes over the lawsuit with Rainbow and all it is doing is costing us the station and his lawsuits were paying for with all the fees Charlie has :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts