DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I still think there is more to this roku from dish offer than we realize.I really don't think dish would do this with the thought process of losing subs to roku.If dish has formed an alliance with roku or considering buying the company that would be huge.

I still recall the one time I was in Nashville and got to seat in with Charlie (Thanks S) and to quote "We don't do business with jerks"

Sometimes I think maybe Charlie isn't such a jerk, as it is that he "created" Dish and has developed the attitude that "It's my baby and I do what I think is best for it." It's more personal to him. Which, depending on how you want to look at it, is either a good or bad way to run a business. Only time will tell.

Ghpr13:confused:

Season 3 has not started yet. Those are reruns which are available on Amazon. (I am assuming you mean Walking Dead.)

No I mean Talking Dead. The aftershow talkshow. Its not available to purchase or for free anywhere. Why they don't stream it on their site for free I dont know. Greedy AMC.

Does anyone know if WETV channel doses any Internet streaming? I do not know much about TV streaming. Our Samsung TV is connected to the Internet but I can't find anything that WETV does any streaming. My wife says we need to get it somehow. Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread.

Does anyone know if WETV channel doses any Internet streaming? I do not know much about TV streaming. Our Samsung TV is connected to the Internet but I can't find anything that WETV does any streaming. My wife says we need to get it somehow. Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread.
The easiest way to find out is to go directly to the channels site. I've already done this and found that WETV doesn't stream full episodes of it's programs. I don't know if they're available via Amazon or iTunes. If not, is it worth it for your wife and you to change providers?

The easiest way to find out is to go directly to the channels site. I've already done this and found that WETV doesn't stream full episodes of it's programs. I don't know if they're available via Amazon or iTunes. If not, is it worth it for your wife and you to change providers?

OK, thanks for your help. I did go to their site and discovered the same same you did. I looked in to HULU and did not see anything either. Will check out Amazon and iTunes. I sure hope we don't have to change providers.

OK, thanks for your help. I did go to their site and discovered the same same you did. I looked in to HULU and did not see anything either. Will check out Amazon and iTunes. I sure hope we don't have to change providers.
It appears that iTunes has most of those shows.

At first I found your post very confusing because WETV is my local PBS station down in the south east. Then I realized you meant WE tv. Every provider carries them (besides Dish of course). Anyway, my local cable company even has them in HD. So dropping Dish worked out great for me.

A major reason Dish dropped AMC was because they offered content on iTunes. He neglected to mention every other provider offers content on iTunes as well. I guess Dish will have to drop a couple of hundred more channels now.

Look at the bright side. Now instead of all those shows being included in your service, you now only have to pay a few dollars per episode, per show, per week. That may end up only costing you an additional $40/month. Isn't that a lot better than a 75 cent increase in your bill?

Isn't that a lot better than a 75 cent increase in your bill?

Not for me, I guess going by that I will be saving over a $1.00 a month. (AMC and the others dropped) And that's just for those channels. Maybe I'll save even more when other channels don't try to jack their price too.

I chatted with a CSR this morning trying to see what they'd do for me. He first offered me Cinemax free for 3 months. I just downgraded from the Everything Package because I dont watch enough TV in the summer to justify it, so I declined. A CSR from their Facebook page had already offered me the Hopper for $100 last month if I wanted that, so I ask this CSR in chat if he could do something better. He hooked me up with the "loyalty dept" and she said they could do the Hopper free. I was willing to do it right then, but she kept adding stuff. I wound up with: 1) free Hopper; 2) $10 off bill for 12 months; 3) 1/2 off HBO/Starz for 6 months; 4) 1/2 off Blockbuster @ Home for 6 months; 5) Online coupon for $5 off bill for 24 months.

I chatted with a CSR this morning trying to see what they'd do for me. He first offered me Cinemax free for 3 months. I just downgraded from the Everything Package because I dont watch enough TV in the summer to justify it, so I declined. A CSR from their Facebook page had already offered me the Hopper for $100 last month if I wanted that, so I ask this CSR in chat if he could do something better. He hooked me up with the "loyalty dept" and she said they could do the Hopper free. I was willing to do it right then, but she kept adding stuff. I wound up with: 1) free Hopper; 2) $10 off bill for 12 months; 3) 1/2 off HBO/Starz for 6 months; 4) 1/2 off Blockbuster @ Home for 6 months; 5) Online coupon for $5 off bill for 24 months.

Are you now in a contract?

Yes, I had to sign a 24 month contract. But I was only 7 months into one already, so its not that big of a deal.

I have been wanting the Hopper since it first came out and we have been in a contract for 8 months now. I still can't get DISH to even get me to the $100 deal let alone even trying to get it for free. Never one late bill since it's autopay.... Very irritating....