DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I don't feel like going through all 296 pages of this thread to find the answer but I was wondering about something.

I have AT 120 so I didn't have the channels that were lost (AMC, etc.), but I noticed that HDNet Movies showed up as Channel 130 in blue on my TV Guide and hasn't left. It's not on the free preview page so is HDNet Movies permanently part of AT 120 now?

Skee7ix said:
Why Style is not in HD?... The replacement Style
When it was in the preview on 115 it was HD, but now the preview ended and it is in SD :rolleyes:

I have also noticed this several times Try 9605 for HD. I think Dish forgot the map down for 128.

Tampa8 said:
Style is in HD @ 115 for me. Probably as part of the Top250.

Yes, if you normally sub to Style (AT 200 or higher) and have HD the HD feed is on 115. It was in free preview until yesterday on 115. Style is the "high quality replacement" for We TV. Dish Latino Plus and above subs (along with Welcome Pack subs) had We TV regularly on channel 128 but never had Style as far as I know anyway. Dish Latino Plus and above packages are eligible for HD Free for Life but there is not an HD map down for Style on 128. However, channel 9605 is working for me and has Style HD. Therefore, it looks like Dish forgot to map down the HD feed for 128.

I just checked to see when Portlandia has a new season starting. Unfortunately, I forgot that this series is on IFC!

So now no Mad Men nor Portlandia.

This carriage fee business is really getting out of hand. Direct TV drops their disputed networks, DISH drops the AMC family - here in this area, Oceanic Time Warner cable dropped ABC.

No matter which service a consumer switches to - they get burned.

Last edited:
I just checked to see when Portlandia has a new season starting. Unfortunately, I forgot that this series is on IFC!

So now no Mad Men nor Portlandia.

This carriage fee business is really getting out of hand. Direct TV drops their disputed networks, DISH drops the AMC family - here in this area, Oceanic Time Warner cable dropped ABC.

No matter which service a consumer switches to - they get burned.

Portlandia has a "brunch special" airing tomorrow.

Well just saw where AMC was gone from my line up - so yay! Who really cares!? I stopped watching anything on AMC a long time ago for all the damn commercials!! They would play a movie that was really only 1.5hours run time yet setup for 2.5-3 hours so you do the math on how much time you wasted watching commercials which would break after only 10mins of movie each time.

Crap reminds me of when Lost was on TV..they would run 40mins of show and 20mins of commercials for a 1 hour event.. bahHHH!!

I called the regular 800# and, to my surprise was on the line for less than five minutes and was transferred to retention and completed the call in 27 minutes with the ROKU on the way, $10/12 credit and they will credit me for $2.99 each time one of the original series plays.

Wow - thanks for all the info provided here on Satellite Guys.

Ray

I received the ROKU on the 3rd of July but noticed that the $10/12 was not shown on my latest bill. Called the 888 number posted earlier, she connected me with loyalty and the credits I was promised wiill show up on my next bill.

Ray

AMC is a decent channel with content that is worthy of being in E* lineup, but I understand the pushback. I do place the blame on the programmers who look for increases that are more than twice the rate of inflation (although info is sketchy, some have tried getting 50x that). I just hope it comes back soon. I have some friends that are the stars of Comic Book Men that I want to be able to see again..... (Closest I'll come to knowing famous people, I'm guessing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)