DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

What about cell phones? Free cell phones are a function of 2-year agreements and having the price of the phone built into the monthly rates.

I won't fall into the strawman argument. Way to deflect from regular consumers to low-income programs.

Again no one in my family has watched one second of the MTV channels. Hell I have family that has never watched ESPN. Not one second of it. They still pay for it and I still pay for a lot of the Viacom channels we never watch. I like the quote but I'm sure all of us can say that about channels. What can you do??? It's the way of pay TV.

Oh I know. I can say the same thing about ESPN, it's just odd and funny hearing that come out of an executive's mouth.

Attachments

• Hell on Wheels tonight.jpg
    Hell on Wheels tonight.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Hell on Wheels not on Dish.jpg
    Hell on Wheels not on Dish.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 103
  • Hell on Wheels not on Dish.mp3
    122.7 KB · Views: 76
I still believe there will be a carriage agreement by the end of Sept.

certainly hope so. it stinks having to take all these extra steps to keep up with breaking bad.

was just pointing out the fact, however, that providers have a pretty good stranglehold on the market and do not want to chage (this topic has been beaten to death!). rather than being forced into an a la carte model, they would surely grease enough political wheels to keep things the way they are. if prices become too high for some people, something would be put into place to subsidize the rates. not stirring a political argument, just pointing out the way things are now and they will only get worse.

Last edited:
You can't make these quotes up:

But Dish customers aren't thinking about zombies stunts in New York City, Mr. Ergen said during the call. "They live in farms and ranches," he said. "They have no clue about zombies and New York."
Zombies? What is this zombies?
Dish Chairman Says Subscribers Don't Like AMC That Much | Media - Advertising Age

I think the funniest part of that.. pretty much all of season 2 for Walking Dead was on Hershal's farm... :)

Last edited:
Wasn't there an AMC Networks' staged "spontaneous" demonstration having people dressed up as zombies roam the streets of NYC to protest AMC's removal from Dish's line up? I really think this is what Charlie was talking about.

Wasn't there an AMC Networks' staged "spontaneous" demonstration having people dressed up as zombies roam the streets of NYC to protest AMC's removal from Dish's line up? I really think this is what Charlie was talking about.
It was!!!

you mean when he said.. "They live in farms and ranches" .... that can't have any correlation to the past season of the show? Where again I point out ... the past season was damned near ENTIRELY on "the farm"

Aside from Zombies being everywhere and anywhere ... what then would Mr. E say is the point of TV? That Farmers and Ranchers don't like to escape their lives for an hour or two ... or their kids or spouses?

Regardless of his implied sentiment .. its still not 100% true. There are plenty of people from ALL walks of life.. interested in the show ... and shows plural, that AMC has offered.. not everyone's taste, and of course one of the low hanging fruits ... because ... after all you don't watch .. you didn't find a value .. or you watched this show .. but didn't find value in others.. etc..

its not "you" Tony that I aim that last bit at.. but all the haters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts