ESPN coming soon?

I think tweeter is a high end electronics shop. Never been there I think theres one in VA Beach VA. I live in a very populated city, Newport News VA. ANd ive never seen one. your right voom isnt a 69 dollar dvd player, its what 39.99 or 79.99 before the add ons? no more expensive than D* really. So why put it in only a high end shop? Sell it mainstream. I think sears was an attempt at mainstream but sears doesnt do the volume of BB or CC. ANd every customer buying a TV today, 50% get HD, most from BB or CC around here, if they sign up for D* then thats a customer voom wont get for another year.

I imagine D* must have exclusive deals with BB and CC. But at my BB, you can also order cable. Anybody know?

Tweeter is really growing fast. They do great business in California. I don't live near any of there stores in Texas, but my friends tell me they have better prices than BB and CC, and their sales people can actually read, already outpacing the sales force at BB and CC.

if thats the case they are in big trouble. I want them to suceed. Im dying to sell my D* recievers, but not if they are gonna fail. Maybe some "Mall" stores would give them more exposure. I guess D* even has radio shack locked up.

cyuhnke said:
but my friends tell me they have better prices than BB and CC, and their sales people can actually read, already outpacing the sales force at BB and CC.

:shocked Ummmmmm..I can read!
In fact I take pleasure everyday in reading comments about how CC salesman can or can't do anything.
I am positive D* has an exclusive agreement with CC because I can't get word one from corporate on Voom, it's not even an option for them right now!

And by the way better prices means consumers still have not learned to say the words, "do you price match?"

I also take great pleasure of informing all my HD customers about all their options when it comes to HD, even VOOM!

See ya!

CompUSA

I despise CompUSA but they are now selling bigscreen HD sets. Voom needs to get their butts in there.

Look, obviously one or two people at every BB or CC can read. I mean, some employee has to do some work while the other 30 employees sit around and talk to each other. Never mind that the checkout line is 20 people deep, and everyone else in the store is walking around looking for those one or two competent sales people who know what they are doing.

This Tweeter thing. I'm not sure what area of the country they're in but I don't think they're in Florida. I've been wrong on most other things so I'm probably wrong on that, too. Anyway, down here, one of the more upscale yet "mass market" stores is Sound Advice. They really try to push the higher end stuff. I was in there the other day hoping to swing some kind of upgrade deal on a current Sammy vis-a-vis the 2004 models. That was a miserable failure. Anyway, the manager told me that Tweeter recently bought Sound Advice and they (Sound Advice) were "trying to teach them everything we know".

I agree though. Voom definitely should have a presence in a store such as Sound Advice (and Tweeter if it's anything similar). This tie-in with Sears is stupid, useless, and, frankly, embarassing for Voom. Would you suggest you have a Ferrari but decide to market it through the Chevy dealer? Makes absolutely no sense.

CompUsa is nationwide? and selling HD sets now. And usually located in close proximity to BB and CC. Well it is here. Honestly all you electronic addicts out there. When the sunday paper comes. What sales flyers do you browse? BB, CC and compusa. D* gets advertised in them along with dish I think.

Recieved this in an e-mail on 4/3/04

Thank you for your interest in VOOM,
We are in active negotiations with ESPN and we expect the negotiations to conclude shortly. Once we have concluded negotiations, we expect to carry all 5 ESPN channels, including ESPN HD. If you have any further questions please contact us at 1-800-GET-VOOM. Thank you again for your interest in VOOM - HDTV delivered.

Figure this was as good a place as any to post it.

Marco in HD said:
Recieved this in an e-mail on 4/3/04

Thank you for your interest in VOOM,
We are in active negotiations with ESPN and we expect the negotiations to conclude shortly. Once we have concluded negotiations, we expect to carry all 5 ESPN channels, including ESPN HD. If you have any further questions please contact us at 1-800-GET-VOOM. Thank you again for your interest in VOOM - HDTV delivered.

Figure this was as good a place as any to post it.
sweet.as cartman would say

I know there has been a lot of misinformation on this and similar topics, so take this with a grain of salt. This is what the CSR told me when I ordered today:

"ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPN Classic and ESPN HD are guaranteed. The contracts have been signed. The channels have been assigned. We just don't know the exact launch date yet". I forgot to ask her if they are separate or part of Marquee.

A muted "yippeee" from me - seeing is believing.

rollerfink said:
If they could get it up in time for the women's championship game on Tuesday I would be very happy indeed.

get it up in time for the women's championship err... yeah, that's what I was thinking also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)