ESPN Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarrellP said:
I do, and if you haven't seen HDNET, you don't know what you're missing. Does InHD have Bikini Destinations, Hotlines, Odyssey 5, Andy Richter, Charlies Angels, The In-Laws, Sound Stage, World Report, BMW Films, Hogan's Heroes, The Fugitive, Hollywood HD or any the other good stuff on HDNET?

Hmm man, you watch tons of tv... ;)

I wish! Actually I'm lucky if I can squeeze in more than 1 hour a day during the week.

I do miss Ivana on Hotlines... Now theres an answer for the Moov channel, dump its programming and make it babes in bikinis doing things that make them jiggle and stretch...lmao

vurbano said:
I do miss Ivana on Hotlines... Now theres an answer for the Moov channel, dump its programming and make it babes in bikinis doing things that make them jiggle and stretch...lmao
Ask and yee shall receive!

:D Saturday, April 10, 2004 :D
7:30 PM ET / 4:30 PM PT
Hotlines
Hotlines Underwater Attack - A special episode jam packed with unbelievable underwater encounters with some of the most beautiful and dangerous creatures on earth(Ivana is one of them ;) ) . Giant sharks, prehistoric fish, eels, mantas, whales and dolphins abound as the Hotlines crew heads into the deep blue!

Plus on Monday, a new Bikini Detinations Premiers!

Premiere! Mon., Apr. 12th 10:30 PM ET Acapulco - Bikini Destinations touches down in the famous Mexican City of Acapulco. Join top Hawaiian Tropic Models as they experience the sensational nightlife, exotic beaches and the rush of La Quebrada cliff diving.

WorldSport HD soccer schedule posted at international ESPN site.

Source

Maybe we are getting closer by the minute for ESPN to appear on VOOM.

Day Date Event Time (ET)
THU. April 8 UEFA: Marseille vs Inter LIVE 3:00pm
SUN. April 11 Osasuna @ Real Madrid TBD
WED. April 14 UEFA: Valencia vs. Bordeaux LIVE 3:45pm
SUN. April 18 R. Sociedad @ Valencia TBD
THU. April 22 UEFA: Semifinals, Game 1 TBD
SUN. April 25 Barcelona @ R. Madrid LIVE 1:30pm
SUN. May 2 Espanyol @ Barcelona TBD
THU. May 6 UEFA: Semifinals, Game 2 TBD
SUN. May 9 Mallorca @ R.Madrid TBD
SUN. May 16 Racing @ Barcelona TBD
SUN. May 23 R.Sociedad @ R.Madrid TBD

Distant locals in HD is an FCC restriiction. It will not happen & has been addressed in other threads. Just as local in local killed Dish & DirecTV quality, just imagine multiple locals on bandwidth. Until some scheme is OK'ed by the FCC like common network programming interspersed with local (non-HD commercials), HD locals will remain elusive except OTA, understanding not everyone can get them.

wasn't this an ESPN thread?

distant network signals in sd and HD are possible if you live in an area with less than class B reception from your local affiliate and you have a reception test done and get a waiver from the affiliate. In that case a service like D* can give you CBSHD east or west coast feeds. They are currently offering CBSHD this way, or to people that live in a CBS O&O area with no waiver. Not many are available yet. But it would be a tremendous waste of bandwidth for voom to do this. Im not sure what is meant by "local", if you mean an HD local from some small city a few miles away then no that will not happen. But east and west coast feeds are available in some cases and will probably increase in the future.

Sean Mota said:
WorldSport HD soccer schedule posted at international ESPN site.

Source

Maybe we are getting closer by the minute for ESPN to appear on VOOM.
That is definitely a good sign if ESPN is directing soccer enthusiasts to tune into Voom's Worldsport.

Reflection

Now we can all look back on this and smile!!!!!!!!!!! :yes :yes
I was only off by a week!!!

Now I can look back on this and smile! :yes :yes
I was only off by a week

It would be great if we could get some type of answer as to which pack the ESPN package will fall into.

It's going to be in basic / Marquee.

I am concerned as to how Voom will recoupe the cost of the contract. Will it be a new add on package, will our rates increase, who knows?
Remember when VOOM dropped the choice of premium from the $39.90/mo package? Now you know why.

ESPN doesn't allow its channels to be sold separately, so keeping the cost of those channels separate from basic (i.e. in an optional Marquee) was not an option.

I like the dropping of the free Premium channel package. It should allow them to add more stuff like ESPN and TNT-HD without having to drastically increase our montly costs. I'm used to paying for HBO separately, so it doesn't really bother me. I mean, it is a premium channel, always has been. The free package thing would have been a nice bonus, but I'll gladly trade that in.

Well now that we have ESPN, the crusade for RSN's is next. Once we have those, I'll have no more complaints about missing channels. Come on RSN's baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.