Flash!!!! There will be no official statement on Monday

The future

My money says that MPEG4 will kill Voom unless D & E do the same. The reason is the amount of time it takes to decode 4 vs 2. It reminds me of low signal levels and rain. I hope Voom is sucessful. Who sells movies in 1080i that are MPEG4?

That statement made no sense, Voom is in a better postion for MPEG4 as they can just add a card to their recievers, both D and E have to swap out recievers.

calypsocowboy said:
That statement made no sense, Voom is in a better postion for MPEG4 as they can just add a card to their recievers, both D and E have to swap out recievers.
MPEG4 encoding is not as good as MPEG2. In my opinion, in HD we are after picture quality, not to save space on a transponder.

softwiz said:
OK, 1 billion over the next two years is $500 million per year. 500 million per year is $41.6 million per month divided by $50 per sub = 83333 subs to break even. That doesn't sound unreasonable.

How come DirecTV can't make any money with 12 million subs?????

$50 x 83333 subs = $4,166,650

$50 x 500,000 subs = $25,000,000

$50 x 1,000,000 subs = $50,000,000

And that one billion is just for operating expense, they will also need another billion to pay for the new birds they have on order.

rang1995 said:
alive,dead,alive,dead,alive,dead--How much more can the customers and workers(at Voom)take??
What percentage of customers do you suppose even know there are problems with Voom? I would have to think that there are a lot of customers that don't make it a habit to go out and read on the internet daily about the TV provider...

softwiz said:
OK, 1 billion over the next two years is $500 million per year. 500 million per year is $41.6 million per month divided by $50 per sub = 83333 subs to break even. That doesn't sound unreasonable.

How come DirecTV can't make any money with 12 million subs?????
Hey wiz... You're off by a decimal point... It's 833,333 subs.

madpoet said:
*sigh* Of COURSE not. Why should we, mere customers, actually be informed? :(

What's the problem? I am still receiving a Voom signal and enjoying the programming. As long as Voom is delivering what they contracted with the customers to deliver, that is all they owe us.

If the service goes dark pick up the phone and order another provider. What is so complicated with that concept people? Why is everyone whining over something that has or has not happened? Where is the signed contract that has been breeched?

Give it some time.When we have to be informed of a change so we can make a decision, then we will learn what we need to. :)

Indy said:
What's the problem? I am still receiving a Voom signal and enjoying the programming. As long as Voom is delivering what they contracted with the customers to deliver, that is all they owe us.

If the service goes dark pick up the phone and order another provider. What is so complicated with that concept people? Why is everyone whining over something that has or has not happened? Where is the signed contract that has been breeched?

Give it some time.When we have to be informed of a change so we can make a decision, then we will learn what we need to. :)

My Sony is setting right next to Voom and is a better receiver. I agree.

Indy said:

Because if its going dark Im cancelling immediately.

bruce said:
$50 x 83333 subs = $4,166,650

$50 x 500,000 subs = $25,000,000

$50 x 1,000,000 subs = $50,000,000

And that one billion is just for operating expense, they will also need another billion to pay for the new birds they have on order.

Yep I was off by one place. That's 833,333 subs to break even. Yikes!

Vicki said:
I think you better hurry...it may hard finding a seat at the bar tonight. I'm one step ahead of you! Gonna make a run for it!! !sadroll Vicki

I done beat you there Vicki and i don't even drink but this will drive you to drink.

vurbano said:
Because if its going dark Im cancelling immediately.

Would'nt that be redundant? That's kind of like saying I quit after the boss tells you your fired. :eek:

these people cannot have voom turned off one day and E* or D* installed the next day unless they already own the equipment. Voom has an obligation to let its customers know its plans now. Especially after the 'were shutting down" website fiasco!

vurbano said:
these people cannot have voom turned off one day and E* or D* installed the next day unless they already own the equipment. Voom has an obligation to let its customers know its plans now. Especially after the 'were shutting down" website fiasco!

Tht's true, I never took that into consideration. I just have flip the switch and Dish is back on all the sets.

Indy said:
Would'nt that be redundant? That's kind of like saying I quit after the boss tells you your fired. :eek:

Wrong, I simply specified I would not waste time waiting for the signal to go dark.

Vurbano i agree

I agree they need to tell us now keeping us waiting sucks we are Loyal Customers of Voom we should hear the news first i hat waiting it's like there teasing us and they say wait there will be no answer for you guys today that is stupid. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)