Flash!!!! There will be no official statement on Monday

Indy said:
Tht's true, I never took that into consideration. I just have flip the switch and Dish is back on all the sets.

I can have D* turned on with a phone call too. But If I go with E* there could be a long wait.

I demand some answers

I am Tottaly Pissed and depressed right now i can't believe they won't tell us nothing. :D

The ironic thing is if Voom lives, the thousands of people that have Voom and don't log on to this website 10 times a day like most of us will never know that Voom was so close to being gone. As we all lose hours of sleep and time we should actually be working at work :D

No "official annoucement" but that doesn't mean we will not hear what happend later tonight.

SonicRob said:
I agree they need to tell us now keeping us waiting sucks we are Loyal Customers of Voom we should hear the news first i hat waiting it's like there teasing us and they say wait there will be no answer for you guys today that is stupid. :D
Theres been a lot of stupid stuff, Mickey mouse management IMO over my year with Voom. MOOV, 10 channels of bandwidth sucking, picture quality robbing repeat old movie channels :rolleyes: etc, and just today, one year after I began I recieved a bill in the mail for payment. This is the way the payment should have been set up for everyone from the get go.:rolleyes: And now this childish scenario.

Guys I know that this is frustrating. But not getting an official statement on the same day as a board meeting is not all that unusual. Realx. You might as well. It won't help but this is all out of your control. Worrying won't help either.

SonicRob said:
we are Loyal Customers of Voom we should hear the news first...
Well, how about loyal investors and loyal employees? Shouldn't they hear the news first? ;)

vurbano said:
these people cannot have voom turned off one day and E* or D* installed the next day unless they already own the equipment. Voom has an obligation to let its customers know its plans now. Especially after the 'were shutting down" website fiasco!

I don’t know if voom has the same billing date for everyone, but I’m billed on the 15th of the month and that covers service till about the 4th of the following month. So, if we are billed on March 15th, wouldn’t that in the least mean that we would have service until April 4th?

For you pessimists:

vurbano said:
Voom has an obligation to let its customers know its plans now. Especially after the 'were shutting down" website fiasco!

Voom has let you know what their plans are. CVC has planned to shut it down. During the month of march.

If plans change, they will probably let us know. Until they definately change, don't expect definative answers.

For those of you that can't just flip the switch, AND CAN"T LAST 4 FRIGGIN DAYS without the food network, you might want to explore your options. Schedule your install so that you can jump ship if things don't go well. Reasonably, after knowing the install schedule, you can project your personal drop dead date.

This seems a more rational tactic than simply calling up Voom, Wasting a CSR's time with stupid-ars questions and then cutting off your nose just for spite. Really, I don't think Charles Dolan will lose any sleep over your tantrum, I KNOW I won't lose sleep over it. And you'll be without artificial stimulus for at least 4 FRIGGIN DAYS.

For the rest of us, long before the lights go out, we'll know what the schedule will be and and will enjoy VOOM until then.

Rather be voomin than whinin. this is my new tag line.

Even if there is no news....the no news means something. To what it means only them know for sure and leave us with only speculation. Think about it.

[speculaton]There's a lot of smoke between the two sides. Apparently neither could come to an agreement reasonable enough to make it public in a press release and have decided to work on it more. The best course of action at this point is to remain out of the public eye if a definite agreement was not reached. Why? because of the serious implications that it can create in your stock. The CVC stock has been going up/down since December and one more leak to anything could have the SEC stepping in to see what these guys are really trying to do. [/speculation]

That's what I think. VOOM is not dead yet becuase they would have killed it already. There's a lot here but we do not know enough to say for sure what happened.

Vicki said:
Lord knows that's the truth! But don't worry, I've been drinking enough for several people lately! Gotcha covered! :) !sadroll Vicki

slow down Vicki not worth all of that

T

well, not sure if this means anything, but the "pricing and offers" part of their website is now "NOT AVAILABLE"..
don't know if that just happenned today, or if its been that way for awhile..

Voom4Me said:
I don’t know if voom has the same billing date for everyone, but I’m billed on the 15th of the month and that covers service till about the 4th of the following month. So, if we are billed on March 15th, wouldn’t that in the least mean that we would have service until April 4th?

I would not write a check until I knew if they were going to stop broadcasting on the 31st or not. If they do announce that then I would sit down and prorate the amount myself and write the check for that reduced amount. I would not leave it up to cablevision to send me a refund.

vurbano said:
This is bull*. This is a public company and the decision should be public immediately.
What decision? Are you privy to something the rest of us don't know? The story said that the meeting adjorned. It did NOT say that a decision had been made.

Besides, their other decisions were not "public immediately". Why this one?

JL

justalurker said:
What decision? Are you privy to something the rest of us don't know? The story said that the meeting adjorned. It did NOT say that a decision had been made.

Besides, their other decisions were not "public immediately". Why this one?

JL

You are a fool if you think no decisions were made.

Today is only 3/7. They have plenty of time before 3/31 to work out the negotiations (either way). So I would not jump the gun yet. It is too early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts