Flash!!!! There will be no official statement on Monday

vurbano said:
Reaching a decision after 2.5 hours that you are unable to reach a decision as to the fate of voom is making a decision and should be announced. Therefore a decision was made.

thinkerg.gif
ani_0_o.gif
arcadefreak.gif
kisswink.gif

NO! Big business lets the employees find out about their employment fate by reading the news like everyone else. Small companies sometimes lets employees know first.

hypokondriak said:
Great - Regardless of the answer they'll let their employees know first and then subscribers. Have you ever been at a big business before a big press release?

This isn't unusual at all.

It is for voom. Ever talked to a Voom employee that knew what was going on before we did? They even get conflicting memos within minutes of each other.

Don Landis said:
NO! Big business lets the employees find out about their employment fate by reading the news like everyone else. Small companies sometimes lets employees know first.

No they don't firings layoffs etc are always routed internally first. At least it always has for the two I've worked for - and they are quite big.

bruce said:

O lets clarify it for Boo
1. Voom is being shut down
2. Voom is not being shut down
or 3. we couldnt decide.

all 3 are possible outcomes of the meeting. Any one should have been announced. "its a secret until tomorrow" is not acceptable

vurbano said:
Reaching a decision after 2.5 hours that you are unable to reach a decision as to the fate of voom is making a decision and should be announced. Therefore a decision was made.
A decision was made to adjorn. Should they put out a press release or file with the SEC?

"The Cablevision board met from 12:30-3pm on March 7th and decided to adjorn."
Wow. Real news. Wow. All I can say is wow. Wow. Wow.

JL
(Wow)

justalurker said:
A decision was made to adjorn. Should they put out a press release or file with the SEC?

"The Cablevision board met from 12:30-2pm on March 7th and decided to adjorn."
Wow. Real news. Wow. All I can say is wow. Wow. Wow.

JL
(Wow)

They adjorned at 3pm JL. Are you implying that they knocked off early just for the hell of it? It begs the question WHY????? Their withholding of information is unprofessional IMO.

vurbano said:
O lets clarify it for Boo
1. Voom is being shut down
2. Voom is not being shut down
or 3. we couldnt decide.

all 3 are possible outcomes of the meeting. Any one should have been announced. "its a secret until tomorrow" is not acceptable

vurbano, vurbano, just be positive about about the whole thing and everything will work out for the better, Voom rules man, just be happy.

vurbano said:
This is a public company and the decision should be public immediately.

MOD EDIT
If they've reached a definitive agreement, it certainly would be material and they presumably will release it before the markets open tomorrow. If there's no release in the morning, they presumably are still working on the agreement. It does take time. At this moment, there may be lawyers in a conference room starting to think about getting some food brought in. No news is a lot better than bad news and, in fact, is probably good news. Given what Chuck Dolan has gone through, it's ludicrous to suggest that he doesn't care about the subscribers. So let's all take a deep breath and think positive thoughts.

I have an official statement:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Yawn... Anything happen while I was at dinner? Didn't think so! See you all tomorrow, goodnight. :)

vurbano said:
My new tag line at AVS "Voom rules Man - Boo 3/7/05"

Go ahead, I recommended the service to my step-father and he has had it a week now, if you wish to use that in a negative way, it just shows how small minded you are and proves that some people can't grow, I feel sad for you then.

Happy Days, vurbano, I hope tomorrow works out better for you.

bruce said:
Go ahead, I recommend the service to my step-father and he has had it a week now, if you wish to use that in a negative way, it just shows how small minded you are and proves that some people can't grow, I feel sad for you then.

Happy Days, vurbano, I hope tomorrow works out better for you.

OK who has hijacked Bruce's computer?

hypokondriak said:
No they don't firings layoffs etc are always routed internally first. At least it always has for the two I've worked for - and they are quite big.

Go take some more pills! :)

You're talking about something different than a company closing one of it's subsidiaries or being bought out by another company. I recall the Barnett Bank closing where employees as high as exec VP's and Presidents of divisions woke up and read the news in the morning paper. Comcast buying out ATT was news to all in the morning paper or radio if their paper was late that day. Later that day the employees realized their fate in the Comcast memos that defined who was fired and who would continue with the new management.
If you were fired for cause in your two jobs, or they found a reason to lay off you and your department they wouldn't make that public. That is a different situation than we are seeing here with VOOM being closed. Think!

Of course, we all have to agree that this guy James Dolan seems to be managing by emotion, aka family feud than by clear MBO strategy.

My Opinion: Rainbow DBS assets and the business side of the house are being unloaded to VOOM HD LLC, cheaply I might add, and the negotiations center around who is going to assume Rainbow DBS liabilities. The only logical choice is for CVC to assume a portion of that debt and receive some of form of compensation down the road and perhaps a share of the Company and/or profits. It's all about money and keeping everyone happy and out of court; appease all possible parties.

Mod Edit

I believe these poor people have already received their notice of termination, has Voom/Cablevision tell these poor folks in limbo...never mind?

I think the board just wants to stay in Florida on CV's dole, thats why the decision was postponed. :)