Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stonecold & others,

Would appreciate your input - I've been a Dish customer (bundle w/AT&T) for 3+ years and been generally satisfied. I just bought a 3D tv and am considering Direct Tv & Comcast since Dish wants $200 plus a 2 year contract to upgrade to vip922 to get full 1080p & 3D using hdmi 1.3. I would like whole house dvr, but there seem to be some issues.

Thanks much

What issues?

Help! Is there a way to change the "Rewind" DVR button from 10 seconds , to 15 seconds, or even 30 seconds rewind?

I just switched from E* to D* last month. On the D* remote is there something similar to the swap button on the E* remote that allows me to swap between the two live tuners? I have been using the double-play feature, which is similar.

Thanks.

Welcome to the wonderful world of satellite tv!

Direct tv is a great sat service to start off with. You have arrived at an exciting time.
Directs new line of dvrs are the best machines they have had to date. MRV is an exciting new feature! I love it!

Hope your a sports nut because no one does sports better than direc tv!!!

Plus, to me, they have the best HD picture I have seen to date. Better HD picture than dish, Uverse, comcast and
Shaw direc. Those are the services Im most familiar with. Uverse Tv I recently disconnected.

So, Enjoy!!!!

I just switched from E* to D* last month. On the D* remote is there something similar to the swap button on the E* remote that allows me to swap between the two live tuners? I have been using the double-play feature, which is similar.

Thanks.

Down arrow twice for double-play, that's as close as they offer.

Just switched from E* to D* and I'm loving the new Whole Home DVR and am finding that some of the things people complain about D* aren't as issue for me at all... at least not with the new 24 line so I'm not missing E* much at all. The picture is really significantly better with D*. Wasn't expecting that at all.

One thing I am missing, and I'm hoping it's just that I can't figure it out, is that I can't figure out how to make custom folders in for the playlist. I hate having to scroll through the various kids programs when I'm looking for something for me and my wife to watch and used to have all the kids stuff separated into another folder. Is there any way to accomplish that or is this something I'll just have to learn to live with?

Hello Directv guys. I'm currently an Absolute HD customer with Dish, but looking at Directv since Dish stopped broadcasting Babyfirst and is killing Absolute. I just have one tv in my house (God forbid!) and I have the vip722, with which I can record 3 shows at once. Two sat and one OTA, and occasionally I do that. Does Directv have a similar box? I looked on their website, but can't tell if a single box can do that. When I go through the order process, it says since I selected Multiroom dvr, I have to have two boxes. But with just one tv, that isn't logical. Does Directv offer anything compatible with my situation? Thanks

Hello Directv guys. I'm currently an Absolute HD customer with Dish, but looking at Directv since Dish stopped broadcasting Babyfirst and is killing Absolute. I just have one tv in my house (God forbid!) and I have the vip722, with which I can record 3 shows at once. Two sat and one OTA, and occasionally I do that. Does Directv have a similar box? I looked on their website, but can't tell if a single box can do that. When I go through the order process, it says since I selected Multiroom dvr, I have to have two boxes. But with just one tv, that isn't logical. Does Directv offer anything compatible with my situation? Thanks

you only record 2 things at once, and if you want ota you will need an am21. even with that only 2 streams may be recorded per dvr
multirooms is to allow sharing of recorded programs between a dvr and either another dvr or regular unit in another part of the house, so 2 units are required for this

you only record 2 things at once, and if you want ota you will need an am21. even with that only 2 streams may be recorded per dvr
multirooms is to allow sharing of recorded programs between a dvr and either another dvr or regular unit in another part of the house, so 2 units are required for this

well, that sucks! But thanks for the info.

OK, OK.... how about this scenario. Again, I know nothing of Direct's equipment capabilities. I have one HDTV. But I also have a PC monitor with HDMI input. Could I have a second HR24 hooked up to it and use the Multiroom DVR functionality to watch the recorded content on the main TV? Of course I would set up the timers using the second box with my PC monitor. Just wouldn't watch anything on it. That way I could have four DVR events at the same time. Would this work?

OK, OK.... how about this scenario. Again, I know nothing of Direct's equipment capabilities. I have one HDTV. But I also have a PC monitor with HDMI input. Could I have a second HR24 hooked up to it and use the Multiroom DVR functionality to watch the recorded content on the main TV? Of course I would set up the timers using the second box with my PC monitor. Just wouldn't watch anything on it. That way I could have four DVR events at the same time. Would this work?

I thought up a similar scenario using 4 HD DVRs & 3 HDTVs with the 4th HD DVR hooked up to the system using DECA & a Slingbox HD Pro adapter.The 4th HD DVR would be dedicated to just recording programs.

should be able to

OK, thanks everyone. Now the really tough choice... to switch, or not to switch... hard to hold off to february 1st, but it's not too far away now.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but.... I recently switched to D* and don't like the way the you use "channel down" to page down and get HIGHER number channels. Is thee a way to change the sort order so the channel guild is shown in ascending order rather then descending order??

ok i just switched and this is my first DVR too. Thanks for the 30SKIP because the slip was SUPER ANNOYING. I know the slip is supposed to be so I still absorb some of the advertising, but it sucks.

As for the service and the picture quality and everything else? I am ecstatic. It was more than I could have hoped for. Bang for the buck compared to Dish is, right now, not even close.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts