Funny thing Directv told me about Voom

I am absolutely shocked to hear that Pegasus had bad customer service ;) I've been in Pegasux areas for the past 10 years, and have avoided D* like the plague because of stories just like yours from friends and family. I'm glad we can now deal directly with D*. I'm hoping they'll be offering a Sunday Ticket/HD combo pack soon, since they have used ST to lure new customers in the past. I absolutely refuse to spend $300 for a receiver. If they didn't have ST, they'd have 0 HD customers, imo.

madpoet said:
You still have to pay the $5 mirror fee, even if you buy the boxes.

They do not charge me a mirror fee. I was promised a single mirror fee of $5.00 no matter how many boxes I had. They still have me at $0.00 for the mirror fee and $0.00 for my Starz HD Marquee pack.

4 Boxes, Starz and Playboy and still under $55! Who said being an early adopter is never a good idea? And I got the $500 rebate, too!

Vinnyv and Neutron, you don't have to pay $14.50 per month for each extra box rental and mirror if you just buy the dang extra boxes at $199 each.

Im going to buy 2 receivers $400 worth

How is this???? I was told the first box is $449 or $499 (can't remember which) and each additional box is $199.

Can you rent the first box and pay the $199 for the additional boxes?

I don't know if you can rent the first and buy the second and third. Probably not, but when they were offering the rebates, the purchase of the first box wasn't much more. I paid $250 after rebate for my first box and $199 for each of my next three. Voom has been a great deal for me. I now look at how much I am paying for DirecTV just for TiVo and it makes me cringe, but TiVo is worth a HUGE amount to me, so I keep it.

:) Unfortunately, I can't see VOOM as a replacement, but merely an add on service. I can't get locals on the OTA antenna (knew it a long time ago due to the mountain behind my house) and I am not willing to buy additional boxes for the kids' Toon Disney. So, I am keeping cable for the analog tier $20 a month and VOOM for the good stuff.

I am all with you on the price break thing. I am a new VOOM customer as of 3 weeks ago. My brother works for Comcast and we are waiting on the HD to become available after the rebuild is done in 2 more weeks. Then we would get the HD receiver for $5 a month. Now I know Comcast doesnt have nearly as many HD channels, but I just figured out that my monthly bill with VOOM for 1 freaking room with all the channels and it comes our to about $96 and some change. I woke up this morning thinking about it, and that is just ridiculous.

I guess I will keep the package I have for the remainder of what I have paid for. But once Comcast HD becomes available, and with the price of Voom, I will be contemplating cancelling VOOM all together unless they can come out with a new pricing plan.

Whiteice

Whiteice, I'd encourage you to add up Comcast's price for the same channels... remember, you get EVERY movie channel. If you don't want them all, pare down to standard service and just add a plus pack or two. I guarantee you that for the price, Voom offers the most.

I think Voom should consider having cheaper boxes or something that they could use to install into people secondary TVs and lower costs... or you can look at it this way.. come end of this year, they'll have even MORE HDTV content, and you'd still be paying the same, while the other 2 companies are still playing catch up.

When it comes to Sat and your home theatre you gotta give HD Content the priority and work your issues down from there.

What, $199 is too much for an HDTV receiver? Or you want a $50 box that won't tune to 1/3 of their channels? Remember that when they get the chance to drop NTSC channels for HDTV, you will lose those channels, too, unless your box can tune to HDTV.

If you want a cheap box for non-HDTV sets, you will just have to wait for the Voom DVR, which should have cheap clients.

After 4 years with DTV I called today to cancel my service. Told them I went with Voom and the only reply was................well, you own your own equipment so if you ever want to reconnect gives us a call and have a nice day. No offer of any kind

That sounds like the lack of offer they told me about when I told them I was looking to switch to Voom....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts