Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

Looking at the pricing it’s cheaper to buy the full YouTube TV package with ticket. That’s one way to get people to buy in to the service.
Youtube monthly fees aren't included in the bundle prices as listed. 4 months of Max included as well though.

1694017505389.png

1694017487718.png

After this season will probably only subscribe to the full boat seasonally, take advantage of new customer / referral offers every fall for football season. Already starting to decouple the ancillary subs and moving them to Prime Video channels or Youtube Primetime.

Youtube monthly fees aren't included in the bundle prices as listed. 4 months of Max included as well though.

View attachment 164902

View attachment 164901

After this season will probably only subscribe to the full boat seasonally, take advantage of new customer / referral offers every fall for football season. Already starting to decouple the ancillary subs and moving them to Prime Video channels or Youtube Primetime.
So it’s basically a wash then if you don’t bundle it.

I was wondering as we approach the first week of the NFL season if anyone is tracking the number of subscribers to the Sunday Ticket package on YouTube. I think it will be way less then previously on Directv. Hopefully there will not be any major glitches for those who have subscribed. First time since it became available that I will not have it.

They have done several tests so far with glowing reviews.. Directv has had plenty of glitches over the years also. I doubt you see any subscriber numbers till a Google Qtrly Report.. Directv had less then 2 million people who subscribed to it. Its now available to over 120 million households.. Previously even at its height Directv only had around 25 million households

Reactions: longhorn23
I was wondering as we approach the first week of the NFL season if anyone is tracking the number of subscribers to the Sunday Ticket package on YouTube. I think it will be way less than previously on Directv.
Logic says, since it is avaliable to 120 Million Households ( current broadband numbers) vs less then 10 Million DirecTV Satellite Subscribers, it should do better.

But, until recently, the marketing has been terrible, now it is hitting all cylinders, ads for it are everywhere if you use Google, YouTube or YTTV.

Also doing very smart things like letting customers split the payment into 4 installments.

Hopefully there will not be any major glitches for those who have subscribed.
Everyone keeps forgetting Google owns YouTube, who’s traffic would exceed Sunday Ticket’s, very rare that it has a issue.

Second, YTTV already carried all these games, in the individual markets, all they will be going is open up those streams to all ST subscribers.
First time since it became available that I will not have it.
This is your choice, first time for me to have it since I am not a DirecTV sub , even when I was, I still did not get it since I worked Sundays.

Since I do all my reports for work from home, I now have Sundays free.

Second, YTTV already carried all these games, in the individual markets, all they will be going is open up those streams to all ST subscribers.
That's not how it works at all. Sunday Ticket does NOT reuse the streams of WNYW, WCBS, KCBS, KTTV, WTXF, etc. It uses the direct raw network feeds from FOX and CBS.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
That's not how it works at all. Sunday Ticket does NOT reuse the streams of WNYW, WCBS, KCBS, KTTV, WTXF, etc. It uses the direct raw network feeds from FOX and CBS.
The point was they have over 6 Million subscribers and to believe a few football games is going to make them have streaming troubles, every time someone brings that up is just ridiculous.

For some reason they believe having ST will break them, yet forget about all the traffic they get with just YouTube….worldwide, very rare is there an issue.

The point was they have over 6 Million subscribers and to believe a few football games is going to make them have streaming troubles, every time someone brings that up is just ridiculous.

For some reason they believe having ST will break them, yet forget about all the traffic they get with just YouTube….worldwide, very rare is there an issue.
They have to geolock the games based on ip addresses..there will be issues

Only anecdotal, but apparently the networking group at the university I work at is concerned about the number of students who have signed up for ST and what that means for the networking in the student housing. I'm sure the hundred of gigs of Internet bandwidth we have can handle it, but not so sure what the networking setup is in the dorms. Of course Alphabet doesn't make as much money on the student subscriptions.

Yeah, it'll be a touch longer than say Satellite, but really only an issue if you're refreshing social media throughout the game or something and not just watching the games.

I'll be surprised if there are any bandwidth or major technical issues, much of what they're doing with Sunday Ticket they are already doing in other parts of their business, and most don't realize how much streaming is already being done on Youtube on any given day. But who knows, it was always crazy to me how consistently DirecTV seemed to have issues to start the season almost every single year.

Yeah, it'll be a touch longer than say Satellite, but really only an issue if you're refreshing social media throughout the game or something and not just watching the games.

I'll be surprised if there are any bandwidth or major technical issues, much of what they're doing with Sunday Ticket they are already doing in other parts of their business, and most don't realize how much streaming is already being done on Youtube on any given day. But who knows, it was always crazy to me how consistently DirecTV seemed to have issues to start the season almost every single year.
From 30 to 90 second delay is ridiculous ...
Any game that my team is on the local will be the best to watch then.

There are Plenty of people that are on Social Media during games ...
Particularly the Gamblers and Fantasy players.

If your Not on Social Media and only watching on 1 feed, you'll be fine.

Directv feeds have a lag as well.
Not as bad, but its there ...
If I want to see it first, I need to go to the OTA option, provided the game is on the Local channels.
I remember watching a game right after I got D* back in the early 2000s. A friend called me near the end of the game to talk about what had just happened, and then I saw what he described finally show up on my TV set. I'd say it was at least 30 seconds delayed from when he saw it on Time Warner Cable's feed. Not sure how my DirecTivo would have added to the delay, if at all.

I remember watching a game right after I got D* back in the early 2000s. A friend called me near the end of the game to talk about what had just happened, and then I saw what he described finally show up on my TV set. I'd say it was at least 30 seconds delayed from when he saw it on Time Warner Cable's feed. Not sure how my DirecTivo would have added to the delay, if at all.
Commercial skipping

Commercial skipping
No, it is widely known Sat TV is delayed also
in rate of delays
Live-none of course
OTA
Cable
Satellite
Streaming

Corenthal expects YouTube's Sunday Ticket streams to have delays of 30-50 seconds from the field of play. That's in line with testing from Phenix, which has also found satellite and cable feeds to have varying delays between 5-20 seconds.