I just renewed online.

chiodo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 17, 2005
Pacific NW
Well usually I play the cancellation game with SXM, and of course renew for the deal.

Well I went online to SiriusXM.com to find out the exact expiry date of my service. (Yes I know the free preview until May) anyhow I hit the renew button as my service expires in a couple of weeks and right away was offered to cancel my service and was given options afterwards to renew for $60m for 12 months or $30. for 6 months. Or $100. for All Access for 12 months.

So this way I don't have to talk to somebody in India pretending to be someone from New York.
I guess because call centers are short staffed or closed due to this epidemic.

I do a lot of roadtrips when life is normal, so Satellite Radio provides me with a steady music and news, and of course sports.

Sent from my Non Apple Smartphone using the SatelliteGuys app.

I tried to renew via phone and online April 1st. Gave up on phone after 20 minutes of music.

I then tried online and I could see the $60.00 for 12 month option but it wouldn't let me select it.
I then did the chat feature and got it renewed. That took 17 minutes after waiting for 258 people ahead of me.

A friend called last Sunday and said the automated phone systems prompted her to renew her 6 month for $30 plan without talking to anyone. I told her I had never heard of that. She said she got an email confirmation and it worked fine.

Don't know if that is something new but it sure would be nice if it is.

Reactions: TheKrell
It is Select so you don't get Stern.

Fine by me. I'd like to get a deal on Mostly Music, but alas they don't do that and I sub to Select at $5/mo after calling to cancel. If I can do this online, that would be great.

Still had 7 months left on my select lite renewal from last time that I called to actually cancel. Login and clicked the cancel button and selected the Select for $60 and a few minutes later My card was charged $67 and I was done. Streaming was immediately active on my account again and within a few minutes Glenn Miller was blasting away about a Tennessee excursion on the surround system thru my fire stick.

Edit: yes, I hope this process remains and hopefully another decent deal is available in April 2021

I got lazy because I hate to call in. I checked my credit card statement and found that I was paying >$50/month for 2 vehicles! I went online and clicked cancel and got All Access for $100 and select on the other vehicle for $60 per year (+fees). Looks like I saved about $450 a year and didn't have to spend a couple of hours on the phone with the call center. Make sure that you click "CANCEL." It gives you much better rates that the ones you get with "RENEW." Enjoy and Stay Safe!!

I got lazy because I hate to call in. I checked my credit card statement and found that I was paying >$50/month for 2 vehicles! I went online and clicked cancel and got All Access for $100 and select on the other vehicle for $60 per year (+fees). Looks like I saved about $450 a year and didn't have to spend a couple of hours on the phone with the call center. Make sure that you click "CANCEL." It gives you much better rates that the ones you get with "RENEW." Enjoy and Stay Safe!!

Same here. We were paying about $66 a month for three radios because I had been too lazy to call in and play roulette with the representatives. I was able to do the $99 deal on mine since I do listen to Stern, and the $60 deal on the other two radios. It's going to save over $500 for the next year. Hopefully they'll allow this feature to remain in place.

When you click on Cancel, how soon do they actually shut it off ?

I'd like to look and see what they are offering before I cancel, when the time comes (not till Jan- Feb.)

When you click on Cancel, how soon do they actually shut it off ?

I'd like to look and see what they are offering before I cancel, when the time comes (not till Jan- Feb.)
Before they actually cancel, you will get a box asking if you want to consider other offers. That is where the $5 per month offer will be.

Reactions: krynn and TheKrell
Before they actually cancel, you will get a box asking if you want to consider other offers. That is where the $5 per month offer will be.
Interesting, I have 2 radios and I always call in, the last few years have been real easy, I ask them if they can match what they gave me last year and were done.

Reactions: krynn
I have 3 active radios in vehicles. Only one of them has streaming. I just turned one of the vehicles back in because the lease ended and we did not need the extra vehicle anymore. That is the one that I have streaming on, which I use almost daily. So if I hit cancel on one of my other active radios that I am keeping, which do not have streaming on the account, do you think I will be offered a streaming option at a good discount? If I get that then I will cancel the leased vehicle subscription or just let it run out I think it has 3 or 4 months left on it. Might even call in to get it credited to one of the other accounts, but I might not push my luck. Thanks.

So it looks like that is right. The only thing I would lose is Stern, which I've never listened to and don't plan to, NASCAR, same, and NFL, which I don't use, but can't say I never would, but not enough to keep the expensive package. So I guess I will try to listen online using the credentials from my cheaper package and I will know for sure. Would be great actually.

Reactions: TheKrell