Install VCII Plus Descrambler

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's a commercial VC-2 to hook that up you would go baseband out of the 922 to the descrambler then run A/V leads to your tv.

The VC-2 module for the 922 is the picture I'm attaching.

Mine's Pink
I took mine out (as an experiment).
It turned out to be causing problems with reception. Don't ask me how, but I had troubles with it in and I took it out and don't have troubles now.

I have a pink unit in my 922. The 2 blue ones I have were given to me. Actually the one I took the picture of is brain dead (batt died and has been removed)

Normal on the inside?

I wonder if that commercial VCII unit has a normal module inside it,
that would fit in the 4DTV? :confused:

I wonder if that commercial VCII unit has a normal module inside it,
that would fit in the 4DTV? :confused:

I don't think so because remember the consumer units had all the fancy graphics. The commercial ones didn't. I think the board is different.

I don't think so because remember the consumer units had all the fancy graphics. The commercial ones didn't. I think the board is different.
That's right...it probably is different.
It's been a long time since I've seen a commercial VCII! :D

Looking inside the thing (with a flashlight), it doesn't look like it will fit. However, I am not going to try to re-sale this thing so I guess opening it up would be a no risk thing. Maybe I will give it a try.

Here's a couple of that VC-2 RS without the battery I have for comparison. :)

Attachments

• IM006069.JPG
    IM006069.JPG
    505.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IM006070.JPG
    IM006070.JPG
    505.6 KB · Views: 213
Thanks TVRPRO. I appreciate your time. I have included 3 photos of this descrambler opened up. I removed one of the boards so it would be easier to see it. The ends of Component 2 slide into the gray connectors inside the box in the Component 1 picture. The third picture is the external battery. Obviously, this will not work with my receiver. But, do you guys see anything worth keeping? I learned along time ago that with these types of hobbies, you might throw a few bucks away while learning. No big deal. It's worth a few bucks to learn something. Is even the battery worth keeping?
Thanks again for everyone's feedback.
Bob

Attachments

• Component 1.jpg
    Component 1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Component 2.jpg
    Component 2.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 206
Cool pictures. :D First picture is the power supply, second is the VC-2 commercial descrambler. What caught my eye is how big the battery is on the board vs what they use for consumers.

If the thing still fires up and the unit ID is good you could use it with your 922 for FTA. It will have to connect up to the baseband out RCA jack on the back of the 922 to get signal. If you take a picture of the jacks on the back of the descrambler I can tell you what would connect where to interface it.

It did fire up before I tore it apart. TVROPRO, I am very impressed that you would know how to hook it up as is. Right now, I have a bid on Ebay to get the correct one. If I should lose the bid, I may take you up on that idea. For now, thanks so much for helping me with this. I may get back to you .

Ok, I got the correct descrambler today. It looks just like TVROPRO's picture. It fits perfect. But, my 4DTV receiver says: "Videocipher module cannot be found. Please check to make sure it is properly connected." I have slid the module out and back in twice. I even used rubbing alcohol to clean the connections. Does anyone have any suggestions? If it fits, it must be the right unit. I have an email into the guy from Ebay who sold it to me to make sure it was working when he sold it.
Thanks
Bob

Ok, I got the correct descrambler today. It looks just like TVROPRO's picture. It fits perfect. But, my 4DTV receiver says: "Videocipher module cannot be found. Please check to make sure it is properly connected." I have slid the module out and back in twice. I even used rubbing alcohol to clean the connections. Does anyone have any suggestions? If it fits, it must be the right unit. I have an email into the guy from Ebay who sold it to me to make sure it was working when he sold it.
Thanks
Bob

This might be silly, but make sure the metal levers are out on the 4DTV before inserting the board. They're used to hold the VC2 in place.

Thanks
Bob

If you cannot get it to work out I have one you can have for shipping. Shipping should not be too much. I'm located in NW Nevada. Not sure if the battery is ok but it has been plugged into a receiver which is never shut off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)